Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense

Offense sucked a lot more than just the last couple weeks. 20 points at Buffalo, 10 points at Philly, 14 points against Chiefs in Germany, 20 against the Raiders and Titans, 22 against Cowboys, 19 Ravens, 14 Bills. This team only really looked good against what turned out to be the worst teams in the league. Great nice day against the Chargers, epic day against the Broncos, way to pound the Giants and Panthers. Beat the QB-less Jets and Pats down. Anyone with a pulse though didn't have much issue shutting Tua/Tyreek and this offense down at all.

Unfortunately we were just a mediocre offense, the glitz and glamour of our couple good outings, that and Tyreek's general brilliance, just fooled everyone into thinking we were the greatest show on turf or something. Pretty laughable now but folks legit thought we were on that level for a little bit. I certainly don't recall those Rams struggling to get to 20 points in half their games. Frankly our offense was offensive much of the time outside of the first scripted drive or two. Only scoring 7 or 14 points in your most important games is what Miami teams have been doing for decades. Had expected a lot better out of this squad in the all important year 2 under new coach/system given a healthy QB and the skill "talent" we had.
Yep!

He should have been critical of the offense. It was terrible in the Buffalo, tenn, kc (both), Baltimore, and Dallas games

Name an offense that would not be poor or terrible when facing those same defenses minus 3-4 starting offensive lineman, including the center and even one or two backs ups, and while playing with dudes barely on or not even on the depth chart when the season started.

The list will be very short.

It’s as if some of you have short memories or just have overinflated expectations minus so much key personnel.

I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts Vic Fangio felt his defense’s performances in the last couple games of the season were drastically affected missing up to 6 defensive starters, including both edge rushers. It goes both ways.

Name an offense that would not be poor or terrible when facing those same defenses minus 3-4 starting offensive lineman, including the center and even one or two backs ups, and while playing with dudes barely on or not even on the depth chart when the season started.

The list will be very short.

It’s as if some of you have short memories or just have overinflated expectations minus so much key personnel.

I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts Vic Fangio felt his defense’s performances in the last couple games of the season were drastically affected missing up to 6 defensive starters, including both edge rushers. It goes both ways.
Of course injuries played a big part on offense and defense

The offense definitely had its challenges down the stretch.....but the Titans game was all on the defense. 14 points up with a couple of minutes left and against a rookie QB and you let them drive to field twice.

No excuse for that
15 points

Don't disagree, but VF's play-calling was abysmal
his game planning was a joke

Like seriously. What he deployed against Allen and Jackson was jv ****

Like a guy who was out of football for a year and doesn’t watch tape :)

It was just a bad marriage. And Offense and Defense were both decimated by injuries. Here is a simple formula:

Bad marriage(opposing styles) + lack of discipline by young HC and unwillingness by old DC to tailor his D to his roster + More injuries than the black plague = One and done in the playoffs

Last edited:
It was just a bad marriage. And Offense and Defense were both decimated by injuries. Here is a simple formula:

Bad marriage(opposing styles) + lack or discipline by young HC and unwillingness by old DC to tailor his D to his roster + More injuries than the black plague = One and done in the playoffs
This.

Not real thrilled to read any of this. Obviously, I don't think Fangio comes out smelling like a rose here, but any time you're getting these kinds of articles leaked to the press, that's typically a bad sign for what's coming next.

I remember the Buffalo game last year with Boyer, right before halftime.3rd and goal from like the 19.
Boyer had almost all the defenders on the goal line.

I remember writing, on this forum when we hired Fangio.

" I guarantee Fangio won't have our defenders line up in the end zone on 3rd and goal from the 19 yard line"

Ugh lol.

You can’t just blame the defense. Had the offense had one or two first downs, we could have eaten some clock.

Poor all around.

No offense, but the offense scored 21 points against the Titans. Yes the offense played poorly. Benefitted from short fields.

But the offense scored 2 late TDS rather then FGS.

The offense delivered for the defense.

The defense then gives up 15 points in 3 minutes.

Yes, you can just blame the defense.

A 14 pt lead, with less then 4 minutes to play. There is 0 reason the offense should need to get a 1st down or eat up clock IMO.

I mean there's a reason Miami became the first team out of 767 games where a team up by 14 with less then 3 minutes to play ended up losing

But to each their own. I know we all have deferring opinions on this

Back
Top Bottom