Hypocrites!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypocrites!!!

OHALL wrote,
No one is upset he is retiring, ppl are upset at the timing and how he continues to contradict himself by constantly checking into see if it has blown over yet. Further when someone talks about doing what’s best for his family needs not board plane after plane to travel around the world in 7 days. The man is out of control, and shame on you for minimizing the real pain and trouble he is currently going thru.

I have to agree with you. The shame of what Williams did was his lack of timing and especially the fact that he had signed a contract. Most people cannot break their contracts as easily as NFL teams and/or the players, but it still doesn't make it right.

And him saying he's taking care of his children....you are so right about that..he's flying all around the world to heaven knows where and he made some asinine comment like a BOTTLE of baby food only costs 79cents. That sure shows how out of the loop he is on being a dad. Hubby and I have raised three children and babysat often with the 17 neices and nephews and we both know, not back then, not more recently, had baby food ever been in a bottle> And I'd like to know where he's finding it for 79 cents a jar!

GMP-AGAIN said:
I have to agree with you. The shame of what Williams did was his lack of timing and especially the fact that he had signed a contract. Most people cannot break their contracts as easily as NFL teams and/or the players, but it still doesn't make it right.
Just because you sign a contract does not mean you cannot retire. RW might have to pay back some cash but other than that he did not break a contract. He will not be able to play in the NFL for 3 years unless Miami says so.

Also I'd like to know this, the people here that are saying RW quit and RW is being selfish. How many would report to work the next day after winning a 30 million dollar lottery?

I'm betting exactly ZERO would show up, and would not give a rats arse about whether or not your company needs you. I know, I know that would be different since its you and you want to do what you want to do.

The people that are mad at RW for being selfish are mad because he will not do what they want him to do. Then I have to ask. What about your commitment to your jobs team? People are counting on you. What type of example are you setting for you kids by quitting, simply because you got lucky? How will you support them, now that you do not have a job? What about showing up for work because of pride and all the hog wash I had to read the past two days?

Ricky is gone, at least for now. For all we know he might show up on Friday ready to practice and will have missed exactly zero of them. Now what?

Also if this is about maybe failing another drug test. Then I think its a really smart move to retire not have to take one and the Phins can also not fine you.

Dphins4me said:
Just because you sign a contract does not mean you cannot retire. RW might have to pay back some cash but other than that he did not break a contract. He will not be able to play in the NFL for 3 years unless Miami says so.

Also I'd like to know this, the people here that are saying RW quit and RW is being selfish. How many would report to work the next day after winning a 30 million dollar lottery?

I'm betting exactly ZERO would show up, and would not give a rats arse about whether or not your company needs you. I know, I know that would be different since its you and you want to do what you want to do.

The people that are mad at RW for being selfish are mad because he will not do what they want him to do. Then I have to ask. What about your commitment to your jobs team? People are counting on you. What type of example are you setting for you kids by quitting, simply because you got lucky? How will you support them, now that you do not have a job? What about showing up for work because of pride and all the hog wash I had to read the past two days?

Ricky is gone, at least for now. For all we know he might show up on Friday ready to practice and will have missed exactly zero of them. Now what?

Also if this is about maybe failing another drug test. Then I think its a really smart move to retire not have to take one and the Phins can also not fine you.

I don't think you're correct, that exactly zero would show up to work after winning the lottery. It's a great fantasy that we've all indulged in, but, the reality is that most people will put their affairs in order and honor previous committments. If they have any integrity.

inFINSible said:
I don't think you're correct, that exactly zero would show up to work after winning the lottery. It's a great fantasy that we've all indulged in, but, the reality is that most people will put their affairs in order and honor previous committments. If they have any integrity.

And you know this from experience? :roflmao:

I'm not picking a fight... just offering an alternative theory here.

I think many fans, when asked their opinion, answer in terms of "all right" or "all wrong". We see a perfect world with simple problems. We see black and white... no gray/grey.

Fact is, it's not that simple.

Something I've wondered over the past few days that few people have offered is Ricky's current health. In all fairness to the man (no puns please, serious), does his actions appear to be those of a mentally healthy, balanced and responsible person?

Stand back and note the erratic behavior (no puns), flight (leaving), confessions (masking) and spoken thoughts of Zen (I'm in a better place). Aside from his normal aloof self, even this behavior is much to fathom. Every person has a stated level of normal behavior for THEM. He is showing signs of crying out for help. I honestly feel he is suffering a break down.

And is such the mob mentallity, we pick on those who are different. I'm sure most of us who have dealt with differing levels of burdening responsibility have, at some point, wanted OUT. Sure, not everyone takes the leap, but in drastic situations, people do flee their own life.

For just a moment, stop characterizing this as a poor immature overpaid football player who can't handle the rigors of a 16 game season. And, think, considering Ricky's mental history, could this be a breakdown of sorts. Could his health have dimenished to such a degree that all feelings of responsibility could not control his actions?

If you feel any compassion to any of these possibilities, then would it not seem he is in fact not himself and needs appropriate help and consideration. That for someone who was given the Holy Grail and every expectation in the football world BEFORE he played the first NFL down, he has finally succumb to the pressure's of achieving perfection in an unforgiving world.

Every fan is disappointed and hurt. Many have taken this as a personal insult. Where's the compassion for the human being behind the Super Hero.

Personally, I feel he's suffered a breakdown. And, I'd like to see him get his life back on track. Whether it include football or not.

I mean after all, he is only human. And none of us have had the luxury of walking in his shoes. We then might find out it's not a luxury.

Check my posts... I've had my anger fits over his decisions. I've been harsh. I'm just saying, after the dust clears... everyone deserves a fair shake and a second chance.

I always find it funny how people get so high on their horse that they get a nose bleed and can't see how stupid their comments are.

So now you speak for the entire population of the planet Earth? Who anointed you this position?
Maybe in your world were people in your own work enviroment may not know each other or befriend each other this maybe true, but in smaller communities or work enviroments people may actually become friends not only at work but outside of work, or maybe alot of them were friend before they started to work together.

Maybe you would risk losing friends over money but not everybody is like you, I for one think I can handle working two more weeks for a company I put 15 years in at to help out friends and coworkers adjust to my early retirement.

Also you might wanna think that alot of people work in jobs that may not require alot of skill or education and can be replaced by a simple phone call to a part time employee, giving them a full time job.

Dphins4me said:

I know I would show up after winning the lottery. I'm a Loan Officer and I help many people get loans that would otherwise be unable to. These people put their faith in me. Because of the nature of my job there aren't many teammates that rely on me, but there are clients to whom I made promises. I would make sure I did what I could to live up to my word. It would be pretty hard to be happy knowing that I left families homeless b/c I wanted to go party. That's how I judge myself. Everyday I ask "did I do what I said I was going to do?" Now I wouldn't stay forever, I'd probably leave at the end of the month. But I'd make sure I lived up to my word. That's the same expectation I put on others. And I don't think much of people who make promises then go back on their word.

If RW comes back so be it, but I wouldn't trust him and I would hope he was traded soon. Personally, I don't want him back. I'm hoping he gets off his a** and files those retirement papers so the team can move on.

Depressed? Why because we lost a player? The season isn't over, it hasn't even started!
You want to talk about being depressed... I was a 9 yr old , lived, eat and breathed Miami football. Over 4 seasons they went to 3 Super Bowls. Then BAMMMMM, a fledgling league took 3 of the best offensive of players from Miami, Warfield, Czonka, and Kiick. Thus ended a dynasty. So losing Williams isn't depressing, its a little road block compared what I have gone through with my Phins.

Smacks said:
Depressed? Why because we lost a player? The season isn't over, it hasn't even started!
You want to talk about being depressed... I was a 9 yr old , lived, eat and breathed Miami football. Over 4 seasons they went to 3 Super Bowls. Then BAMMMMM, a fledgling league took 3 of the best offensive of players from Miami, Warfield, Czonka, and Kiick. Thus ended a dynasty. So losing Williams isn't depressing, its a little road block compared what I have gone through with my Phins.

I totally agree, losing Czonka, Warfield and Kiick was much worse because we should've went to more superbowls, hell the Fins could have atleast won 3 of four consecutive SBs and there would have been no doubt about who was the team of the 70's.

ricks sick?

Well from what i understand .. ricky no longer takes his meds like he did when he came here.. now we are wondering why he is going off the deep end? Jeez..Hes only been like this forever! He is in big trouble now .. and i hope we take all the money from him we can... lets see how great it is to spend thousands playing a damn travel zen life style without all the money from our team!!! My bet is he wont be so happy then ...I am sorry for ricky .. but you decide to quit on the eve of training camp after talking about how every body has to step up... well ya get what you deserve .. and in my opinion ricky wants out i say let him go and take his"traveling money " lets see how his zen buddah bs holds up when he is truely on the level of the working man!
:shakeno:

Hellion said:
I totally agree, losing Czonka, Warfield and Kiick was much worse because we should've went to more superbowls, hell the Fins could have atleast won 3 of four consecutive SBs and there would have been no doubt about who was the team of the 70's.

Never mind I think those three were still with the team when they lost to Oakland.

Dphins4me said:

Depends on the job. If I was self employed or worked at a job in which I was easily replaced then I would probably not show up the next day. However, if I was in a job in which both my employer and my fellow co-workers fates depended on me doing my job, then I would work at least until a replacement could be trained. Also, if I had signed some kind of contract obligating me for some set period of time I think I would at least have a meeting with my employer to discuss options. Of course if I hated my employer and co-workers then I might bail without notice, but that would be the only way.

That is the key.This moron is simply quitting and we should say do not let the door hit you on the *** on the way out!

Poor Ricky. He is so misunderstood. At least as understood as a selfish weed-smoking crybaby quitter can be. Most people would have said he was living in a dream. Apparently it was more of a dream world.

Hellion said:
I always find it funny how people get so high on their horse that they get a nose bleed and can't see how stupid their comments are.

So now you speak for the entire population of the planet Earth? Who anointed you this position?
And you arrived at this conclusion, how? If you do not have something worth while to reply with, then do not even try.

Hellion said:
Maybe in your world were people in your own work enviroment may not know each other or befriend each other this maybe true, but in smaller communities or work enviroments people may actually become friends not only at work but outside of work, or maybe alot of them were friend before they started to work together..
We all going to sit around the camp fire now?

Hellion said:
Maybe you would risk losing friends over money but not everybody is like you, I for one think I can handle working two more weeks for a company I put 15 years in at to help out friends and coworkers adjust to my early retirement.?
Ok, if RW told Miami. I'm retiring in 2 weeks. Does that change anything?

Hellion said:
Also you might wanna think that alot of people work in jobs that may not require alot of skill or education and can be replaced by a simple phone call to a part time employee, giving them a full time job.
RW is easily replaced. There are at least two other people on the team right now that can replace him. There will be a halfback in Miami this year. He will not be as good, but he will be a replaced. Just as the person replacing you might not be as good.

yankeehillbilly said:
Depends on the job. If I was self employed or worked at a job in which I was easily replaced then I would probably not show up the next day. However, if I was in a job in which both my employer and my fellow co-workers fates depended on me doing my job, then I would work at least until a replacement could be trained.
If anyone works in a job where one person is that important, then the company deserves to be in trouble if you leave.

yankeehillbilly said:
Also, if I had signed some kind of contract obligating me for some set period of time I think I would at least have a meeting with my employer to discuss options.
I wish people would get off this he signed a contract BS. Miami would not honor the contract if they felt RW was not worth what he was signed for.

Why do fans think loyalty is a one-sided thing in the NFL. When Tenn cut George. Why was no one mad at Tenn lack of loyalty. They knew they were not going to pay George that amount and waiting till they thought he could not find employment elsewhere to do this. That was wrong, but yet fans are not pissed at that lack of loyalty. Get over the signed contract BS.

yankeehillbilly said:
Of course if I hated my employer and co-workers then I might bail without notice, but that would be the only way.
So you would do it, and that is my point. I think most everyone has reason they would do it. Some may be in denial about it.

Back
Top Bottom