I come in peace with a question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I come in peace with a question

SorryFins

It'll be more of the same
Reaction score
How many of you are psyched with the Feeley aquisition, the price you paid, and his upside? To me, he seems like a taller Fiedler, and I coudln't figure out why Wayne H. pulled that trigger. Fiedler must be pissed.

When I read things like this, i would think that picking up another vet would be the smartest thing the fins could do. But of course, I prefer that they don't....:

Dolphins | Feeley Struggles - from KFFL
Mon, 3 May 2004 09:04:37 -0700
Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins QB AJ Feeley struggled during the team's first minicamp. While his accuracy struggled at times, Feeley didn't show a firm grasp of the offense while rotating with the first team. Head coach Dave Wannstedt said he believes Feeley is dealing with learning the system, having a new QBs coach and making adjustments both physically and mentally.

that was Feeley's first day look at the report on his second day and you will find out he was really good

I don't think ANYONE would disagree we overpaid for AJ. Lets see what happens during the season though. I really think he will be a back up to Sage for 3rd string, but that is just my opinion. There is no way he is the next Jake Delhome, but he could make a good clipboard holder. He is experience in that area of QBing.

nick19991 said:
that was Feeley's first day look at the report on his second day and you will find out he was really good
This clearly shows that he is inconsistent. He was bad one day and then good the next.....Wait a second. Maybe instead of going back to being bad on the 3d day, maybe, just maybe he gets better on each ensuing day.HHHMMMMMMMMMM.......

davster82 said:
This clearly shows that he is inconsistent. He was bad one day and then good the next.....Wait a second. Maybe instead of going back to being bad on the 3d day, maybe, just maybe he gets better on each ensuing day.HHHMMMMMMMMMM.......

It was his first day of mini-camp you can't blame him for being rattled in his first mini-camp of the year with a new team just wait until you see what he does today and you will see that he is not inconsistent and besides everyone has a bad day every now and then

If Feeley takes us to the Super Bowl, wins it, makes the Pro Bowl, and breaks the yardage, completions, attempts, and TDs in a season, then I will say we didn't overpay him. If he leads us to 11-5 or better and we're deep in the postseason, we didn't overpay him. Anything less, hell yes we overpaid him

Let me help you out with some misconceptions...

Feeley's cost is deferred till next year. Hense, there is no cost this year. Therefore, we have not given up anything...yet. Had we given up a third rounder for him this year...we would not have been able to draft POOLE this year.

The difference between Feeley & Fiedler remains to be seen. From all accounts Feeley has a stronger arm and has the potential to be more accurate. Sage Rosenfels has the strongest arm on the team.

This is the first Mini-Camp, of course there will be struggles....LOL! Mark Brunnell had struggles in Redskin camp. Big deal. It's the beginning. We don't freak out that easily.

If you bring in another VET QB he will have the same exact struggles in learning the system and gaining familiarity with the receivers. It's the beginning of a process...not the final product.

NCFINFAN38 said:
I don't think ANYONE would disagree we overpaid for AJ. Lets see what happens during the season though. I really think he will be a back up to Sage for 3rd string, but that is just my opinion. There is no way he is the next Jake Delhome, but he could make a good clipboard holder. He is experience in that area of QBing.

WOW, I WONDER HOW NCFINFAN FEELS ABOUT AJ FEELEY.

Give it a rest, man. Do you realize you have over 50 posts bashing Feeley and he has yet to throw a pass as a Dolphin?

infiltrateib said:

Give it a rest, man. Do you realize you have over 50 posts bashing Feeley and he has yet to throw a pass as a Dolphin?

I agree with you but I wonder did you count the posts:hmmm: :lol:

infiltrateib said:

I agree man. It's like he hates the guy personally and is hoping he'll fail.

I think we gave up a bit too much for him, but at least I'm willing giving the guy a chance and see what he can do.

Training camp is a poor sign of how someone will play! I have seen guys have great training camp, which we aren't even in yet, and stink up the joint once they get into games! We won't know how he does till he gets into a really game with us!

nick19991 said:
It was his first day of mini-camp you can't blame him for being rattled in his first mini-camp of the year with a new team just wait until you see what he does today and you will see that he is not inconsistent and besides everyone has a bad day every now and then

That was the exact point of my post.

I like to add my opinion, not being a JF hater or supporter, but being honest and fair in it...

From all the camp reports postings and all the news reports in the TV this past weekend, really neither of the 3 QBs had a decent first camp.

That in itself says that JF was also inconsistant. This is his what, 5th year with the team?
If anything, he should be the better of the 3 QBs this year, and is he really showing it?
I know its early, but I expect JF to be more consistant, for all the time spent with the team, unless J Collier has been installing or modifying new plays in the playbook...

Sage is showing why he is the teams 3rd stringer, he should have been behind JF, since he has also been with the team for a few years now. I still would like to see more of Sage with the 1st team O...

Then last but not least, the QB that should show a learning curve is AJF. He will be the one that should struggle at times, that should be expected since he is starting a new system, coaches and players around him. After all he has not been involved in any type of offensive scheme since 2002...

So let's give the guys a break, and let's see what and how they do, come July, August and September, after all, its only the 1st days of May...

Last edited by a moderator:
davster82 said:
That was the exact point of my post.

so you like A.J. Feeley? no matter what he does right now, he is better then Fiedlier until he proves otherwise to me

NO.

I like Feeley.

But Fiedler is better until Feeley proves otherwise.

Nick, Jay has started in this league for the last 4 years, AJ has been a 3rd string QB.

AJ has everything to prove, Jay has proven he is an effective starting QB.

Back
Top Bottom