I come in peace with a question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I come in peace with a question

nick19991 said:
so you like A.J. Feeley? no matter what he does right now, he is better then Fiedlier until he proves otherwise to me

YES. Even if he had 2 bad days in a row I am OK with him. I also am a Fiedler Liker(although I never hugged the man) I hope Feeley proves to be an upgrade because where I thjought Jay was about average at QB, I think he is a "lights-out" back-up.

As long as he can get the WR the ball and not get him killed or throw double digite picks! I'll be happy no matter how it is!

NCFINFAN38 said:
I don't think ANYONE would disagree we overpaid for AJ. Lets see what happens during the season though. I really think he will be a back up to Sage for 3rd string, but that is just my opinion. There is no way he is the next Jake Delhome, but he could make a good clipboard holder. He is experience in that area of QBing.

I disagree that we overpaid. The jury is still out. If he wins the starting job, we did not overpay. But then, you already knew people would disagree.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I disagree that we overpaid. The jury is still out. If he wins the starting job, we did not overpay. But then, you already knew people would disagree.

If people can "agree to disagree", can they also "disagree to agree"? I think we see more of that on these message boards sometimes. I point this comment at no-one, it is just an observation.

Speaking of Sage... anyone watch him in ???? game last year when he came in for like 2 downs.
You could tell the coaches had NO confidence in him. It was like Wanny and staff were screaming "THROW IT AWAY... RUN OUT OF BOUNDS".....

Just little observations I see from game to game reinforces the notion, to me, that Wanny is too afraid to make a gutsy call during a game.

No matter who WE like.... we all must understand that Wanny is pretty entrenched in his ways. He's too much of a "safe bet" type of guy. Sage and AJF will probably not get a fair shake until JF is injured or retires.

Don't get me wrong, I like JF... but, I see how Wanny coaches and I just know the cards are stacked against AJF and SR. Let's face it... this is Wanny's "lame duck" season (irregardless of the window dressing 2 year extension). And he's being told, "win with OUR (FO) guy". I think his loyalty to JF (to a fault) will cost him his job no matter if JF is THE guy or not... it's not what the FO or the PHANS want to see.

This could be an ugly PR year for the PHINZ. I hope we get everything and everyone's roles resolved before Game 1. Everyone needs to be on the same page.

SorryFins said:
How many of you are psyched with the Feeley aquisition, the price you paid, and his upside? To me, he seems like a taller Fiedler, and I coudln't figure out why Wayne H. pulled that trigger. Fiedler must be pissed.

When I read things like this, i would think that picking up another vet would be the smartest thing the fins could do. But of course, I prefer that they don't....:

Dolphins | Feeley Struggles - from KFFL
Mon, 3 May 2004 09:04:37 -0700
Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins QB AJ Feeley struggled during the team's first minicamp. While his accuracy struggled at times, Feeley didn't show a firm grasp of the offense while rotating with the first team. Head coach Dave Wannstedt said he believes Feeley is dealing with learning the system, having a new QBs coach and making adjustments both physically and mentally.

How do you "come in peace" with a name like that?? :shakeno:

I can't say I'm psyched about Feeley, b/c I haven't seen him play much. I'm hopeful. I trust RS and the process he used to evaluate the prospective QBs. My hope for Feeley is that he has greater accuracy and decision making than JF. I like JF, it's just that I think the team around him has to play perfectly for him to take us far. I hope that Feeley is good enough to give Miami a little larger margin for error.

As to whether we overpaid; I think we lack enough info to know. The reports I heard were that the Jets offerred a 2nd for Feeley last season and were turned down. Also that both Cleveland and GB pusued Feeley this offseason. If those reports are true then most likely we did not overpay. The people who argue we overpaid tend to ignore these reports in their analysis and just say something like "I can't believe anybody would offer a 2nd for a 3rd string QB". This argument becomes fact in their minds when in reality it's just an opinion.

A 2nd round was a little steep, because Philly wasn't going to get anything better than a 3rd round pick for his services from anyone else.

As far as judgeing him on what he did in the first mini camp is nuts. No one has ever won a job in mini camp. It isn't even practice. It is like 22 of us going and playing flag football on the weekend. All it does is give us something to pine over durring the worst couple of months of the offseason, the writers something to write about for the same reason, and to find out guys like Tim Bowens is over weight.

I concur with your...

diagreement with the post above, and endorse fully your position on this issue. Oops.. Just realized that was my prepared statement for my campaign for 2nd assistant dog catcher. :chuckle:

Geez 'o' pete!!!!!

SmokeyPhinz said:
If Feeley takes us to the Super Bowl, wins it, makes the Pro Bowl, and breaks the yardage, completions, attempts, and TDs in a season, then I will say we didn't overpay him. If he leads us to 11-5 or better and we're deep in the postseason, we didn't overpay him. Anything less, hell yes we overpaid him

What do you expect from the guy - the second coming? Next he'll be able to walk on water in his first season. Even I give at least two seasons for that :lol:

Seriously, if he did all that, he would exceed Danny in his first year, and that would make me happier than two pigs in a peach orchard. :shakeno:

Well, maybe.....

finsnchips said:
AJ has everything to prove, Jay has proven he is an effective starting QB.

You are right, to a point. Jay is effective if you mean he can take a snap and do something with the ball. He does have an effect on the game - the trouble is that the effect is not consistently beneficial for the Dolphins. Effective does not equate with superior (Marino, Elway, Favre). It does not even equate with excellent/good if your goal is to win championships (Brady, Warner - who benefited from good systems and or teamwork). Effective equates with mediocre or average. Effective does not qualify as a reason to keep a person at quarterback, unless the other candidates are less effective or totally ineffective. That has not yet been determined. Further, if that is the case, then this offseason has only been "effective," and not good/excellent/superior except in the possible upgrading of the O line, and if that is all that was done, there will probably be higher level changes next offseason, I would think.

NathanHunt said:
Speaking of Sage... anyone watch him in ???? game last year when he came in for like 2 downs.
You could tell the coaches had NO confidence in him. It was like Wanny and staff were screaming "THROW IT AWAY... RUN OUT OF BOUNDS".....

Just little observations I see from game to game reinforces the notion, to me, that Wanny is too afraid to make a gutsy call during a game.

No matter who WE like.... we all must understand that Wanny is pretty entrenched in his ways. He's too much of a "safe bet" type of guy. Sage and AJF will probably not get a fair shake until JF is injured or retires.

Don't get me wrong, I like JF... but, I see how Wanny coaches and I just know the cards are stacked against AJF and SR. Let's face it... this is Wanny's "lame duck" season (irregardless of the window dressing 2 year extension). And he's being told, "win with OUR (FO) guy". I think his loyalty to JF (to a fault) will cost him his job no matter if JF is THE guy or not... it's not what the FO or the PHANS want to see.

This could be an ugly PR year for the PHINZ. I hope we get everything and everyone's roles resolved before Game 1. Everyone needs to be on the same page.

:confused: Huh? 2 Downs? No confidence? Did you see the end of the Titans game? The coaches seemed to have plenty of confidence in him as he lead the Fins to their only TD. Alot of people seem to only remember the Packers Monday night game for some reason. :confused:

Feeley's performance hasn't bothered me yet because he is just starting out and learning for God sakes! Sometimes I wonder about the age and football knowledge of some posters. Lucas lit it up in camp and preseason. :shakeno:

A lot of QBs struggled at first, no need to panic.

RevRick said:
What do you expect from the guy - the second coming? Next he'll be able to walk on water in his first season. Even I give at least two seasons for that :lol:

Seriously, if he did all that, he would exceed Danny in his first year, and that would make me happier than two pigs in a peach orchard. :shakeno:

Preach on Rev!! :lol:

infiltrateib said:
WOW, I WONDER HOW NCFINFAN FEELS ABOUT AJ FEELEY.

Give it a rest, man. Do you realize you have over 50 posts bashing Feeley and he has yet to throw a pass as a Dolphin?

Actually it's 49 and a half, but whose counting lol. Nah I love the pick up, when he brings his woman to the team cookouts it will make the whole organzation look better. I mean come on guys, she is a real hotie. :D

RevRick said:

And should he accomplish the aforementioned feats, it will automatically render football and all other worldly endeavors irrelevant. :D

Back
Top Bottom