I come in peace with a question | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I come in peace with a question

shalafi3455 said:
As long as he can get the WR the ball and not get him killed or throw double digite picks! I'll be happy no matter how it is!

Come on now, AJ was throwing better than a pick a game in the 5 games he started and that was before the other team had time to prepare for him. Once you give the AFC east teams a few weeks to prepare for him AJ will be lucky to throw less than 10 picks a game, much less a season.

You know there was another QB trade a few years back that fans may have been disgruntled with. I mean, geez, the team gave up a first rounder, the 17th overall pick, for a QB who was only active for 3 games his first year, after being picked in the second round! When he finally played, he completed no passes on 5 attempts, and was sacked once! QB rating: 0.0! He sucked!! They paid too much!!!

I guess it turned out OK tho, Brett Favre is so far the only player in NFL history to win 3 MVP awards...

pilotfish said:
You know there was another QB trade a few years back that fans may have been disgruntled with. I mean, geez, the team gave up a first rounder, the 17th overall pick, for a QB who was only active for 3 games his first year, after being picked in the second round! When he finally played, he completed no passes on 5 attempts, and was sacked once! QB rating: 0.0! He sucked!! They paid too much!!!

I guess it turned out OK tho, Brett Favre is so far the only player in NFL history to win 3 MVP awards...

There was a running joke with NFC central fans that Favre was color blind because he threw so many INTs. the next year the Packers won the Superbowl and Favre became the object of Madden's love.

Only complete @ssholes are truly forming an opinion of AJ based a a break-in 2day mini-camp... If u seriously think that 2 days of shaking off rust are going to be indicative of whats to come, you're just insane... Give him at the very least through the preseason...

While I agree that it's probably not the best idea to judge QBs on the 2nd day of mini-camp, the people that choose to do so aren't a-holes. -TT

Last edited by a moderator:
Dajesus said:
A 2nd round was a little steep, because Philly wasn't going to get anything better than a 3rd round pick for his services from anyone else.

This is exactly what I meant when I said that people ignore reports and mistake their opinion for fact.

Everyone relax! It's early. Feely is better for the team than rubber armed feidler. Just give it time.

You are really smking some good green if you think Sage has the best arm on the team.

Sage has the worst arm on the team, well maybe it's better than Ricky's.

PhinsmissedFG said:
You are really smking some good green if you think Sage has the best arm on the team.

Sage has the worst arm on the team, well maybe it's better than Ricky's.

Sage is generally considered to have the strongest arm on the team. I'm not sure what you mean by best arm.

NCFINFAN38 said:
Come on now, AJ was throwing better than a pick a game in the 5 games he started and that was before the other team had time to prepare for him. Once you give the AFC east teams a few weeks to prepare for him AJ will be lucky to throw less than 10 picks a game, much less a season.

Dan Marino played 242 games and had 252 INTs...
Bret Favre played 193 games and has 209 INTs...

These 2 will be HOF QBs, and right know and there is no comparison to AJF, but they had at least 1 pick per game and look how they turned out. Sorry, you can't use the INT ratio as an excuse to tell the future... :shakeno:

NCFINFAN38 said:
I really think he will be a back up to Sage for 3rd string, but that is just my opinion. There is no way he is the next Jake Delhome, but he could make a good clipboard holder. He is experience in that area of QBing.

Maybe your right about Feeley, but theres no way the FO would let Feeley be 3rd string. They gave up way to much. Hes gonna be given every opprotunity to start or at worst be 2nd string this year and start next year. I agree theres no way he's the next Delhomme. I think Feeley will be the next Matt Hasselback. LOL.

i really think feeley will do good he just needs a little time guys 2 practices c'mon guys.fiedler has had 4 years he knows the players the offence he should be ahead of feeley now and if hes not i think feeley will be and should be the starter.i belive in feeley this guy has alot of potential i know for sure the jets tried to give up a second for him last year but philly declined.i know a couple of philly fans hear in tampa and they had nothing but good things to say about this guy.one thing i can say is andy reid loved this guy he has alot of potential and marc trestman will really help him one of the best qb coaches in the league. gooooo aj by the way aj your girlfriend is a little hottie

Disnardo said:
Dan Marino played 242 games and had 252 INTs...
Bret Favre played 193 games and has 209 INTs...

These 2 will be HOF QBs, and right know and there is no comparison to AJF, but they had at least 1 pick per game and look how they turned out. Sorry, you can't use the INT ratio as an excuse to tell the future... :shakeno:

Now THIS is a great point!!!

Back
Top Bottom