I don't get it | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't get it

Thats because we have absolutely no faith whatsoever that Ireland can use any of those picks to nab a quality player. I'd be all for accumulating a ton of picks as long as we had a competant gm making those picks. Im all for taking our lumps next season if it means a brighter future but its hard to see that brighter future as long as Ireland is our gm.

Its also funny how many of the anti luck people last year are now saying that we need to have patience and sacrifice next year for the betterment of our future. How we are rebuilding and its gonna be a process and we need to look to the future instead of today. Well i think our future would be a hell of a lot brighter if we had Luck, Fleener, Allen and TY Hilton right now. Funny how that long term perception wasnt there last year as we were winning meaningless games.

fair point

Thats because we have absolutely no faith whatsoever that Ireland can use any of those picks to nab a quality player. I'd be all for accumulating a ton of picks as long as we had a competant gm making those picks. Im all for taking our lumps next season if it means a brighter future but its hard to see that brighter future as long as Ireland is our gm.

Its also funny how many of the anti luck people last year are now saying that we need to have patience and sacrifice next year for the betterment of our future. How we are rebuilding and its gonna be a process and we need to look to the future instead of today. Well i think our future would be a hell of a lot brighter if we had Luck, Fleener, Allen and TY Hilton right now. Funny how that long term perspective wasnt there last year as we were winning meaningless games.

it's called hypocrisy

I like what I have seen from Joe Philbin. Joe Philbin wants to ship out the schmucks and build a team that conducts its business like a group of professionals. I totally dig that.

The problem is that I don't like what I have seen from Jeff Ireland. I have no confidence whatsoever that this guy can manage free agency and draft good players. In fact, I have to admit that I do have confidence that he can't do these things.

It is what it is.

I think he scored on keeston randall. lol seriously. dude will see the field this year. its early. I think many many folks around here are focused on former regimes drafts. Ireland will draft the kind of players Philbin wants. If he wants high character guys, thats what it will be. We took Ryan Tannehill. Thats exactly what I wanted. What else did you and others want?

We seem to talk about what Irland did but everyone is like 20/20 after the fact. Like everyone on here can see into the future. I doubt that because half of the people on here dont even have a job! At least become a gyspsy fortune teller for crying out loud! :)

Before the preseason started everyone had high hopes for the new coach. What has changed ?

He cut a player that was a misfit . (Chad)
He traded a backup for a high draft pick next year. (Vontae)

Give coach Philbin the benefit of doubt that he knows what kind of players he wants on his team.
Dansby's upset ? Who cares. Let things play out before jumping ship.

Rome was not built in a day and Philbin putting his foot down now on nonconformist is a sign of strength not weakness.
They will probably be lots of unexpected cuts and trades in the next few days. Let it play out. Just my opinion.

Now Vontae Davis is just a backup like popped tires in a junkyard? Please...

Obviously he did not fit into their plans. If that is the case now is the time to trade him. Once the season starts and he is not starting his value goes down don't you think ?

Before the preseason started everyone had high hopes for the new coach. What has changed ?

He cut a player that was a misfit . (Chad)
He traded a backup for a high draft pick next year. (Vontae)

Give coach Philbin the benefit of doubt that he knows what kind of players he wants on his team.
Dansby's upset ? Who cares. Let things play out before jumping ship.

Rome was not built in a day and Philbin putting his foot down now on nonconformist is a sign of strength not weakness.
They will probably be lots of unexpected cuts and trades in the next few days. Let it play out. Just my opinion.
My problem is that there just seems to be a combination of many factors. Not so much that Chad was cut or that Davs was traded, but the fact that there are rumors/reports that Philbin has already lost the lockeroom. You have players publicly complaining and questioning the direction of the team. The team doesn't really have any receivers besides Bess. Hartline still isn't practicing. Garrard got hurt on the day of the first preseason game. Jake Long gets injured. Every media member, local and nationally is ripping the team and predicting a 3-5 win year. It just wears on you after awhile.

Also the fact that if the team does have a losing record that Ireland could be fired, which means Philbin could also be out of a job. The idea of yet another major front office/coaching staff turnover is hard to accept.

It just wears on you after awhile.

Also the fact that if the team does have a losing record that Ireland could be fired, which means Philbin could also be out of a job. The idea of yet another major front office/coaching staff turnover is hard to accept.

I hear yea. When it rains it pours when your a Dolfan.

Personally, I don't think Hard Knocks is doing Philbin any favors... A lot of people don't like the way he communicates with players or approaches things...

It's kind of funny, in a pathetic way that a lot of the same "fans" who are now pissing and moaning about the prospect of losing games were the same ones who were whining about actually winning games last season. Ironic, no?

It's kind of funny, in a pathetic way that a lot of the same "fans" who are now pissing and moaning about the prospect of losing games were the same ones who were whining about actually winning games last season. Ironic, no?

Hmm.. well people wanted to lose games for a potential franchise QB. The irony is that we got one even though we won "meaningless" games.

The difference to me is the new coach and his system, regardless of Ireland because he is still here, Sparano and Parcells had their philosophy and so hopefully Ireland is onboard with the players Philbin wants to bring in.

This.

I think this years FA group was average at best. Sure there may have been one or two outstanding players available, but not at every position. There were a couple of very good WR available, but there asking price was probably too high.

i think what the HC is doing is good, and needed to be done. I didnt like the VD draft pick in the 1st place, so I was not upset to see him go. the coach I believe knows what he wants, and will have a major say in what players get drafted & picked up in FA next year.

Give the coach a couple of years.

I think we will be a force in 2-3 years.

I agree that a new coaching staff needs time to build, but with Ireland in the trigger seat, my patience is running out!

stay tuned as the fish take a beating on HBO tonight

sammypunch-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom