I dont understand reaching when you have a top 10 pick... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont understand reaching when you have a top 10 pick...

I love Jarrett's hands. Only problem is, he's a possession receiver, which is what most of our current WR's are.

IF we go WR in round 1, I'd rather Ted Ginn just because of his speed.

:yes: On the same page here.

I disagree, Jarrett lacks the speed to stretch the field, which is exactly what the Fins need. We already have 2 solid possession type WRs. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not advocating Ginn by any means. I don't want either one of them.

Jarret is a true WR, Ginn isn't. he's a Devin Hester with better hands, simply put he needs work to play WR in this league.

Levi Brown is NOT a reach.

Some might call Paul Posluszny, Patrick Willis, or Leon Hall a reach. But my definition of a reach is selecting a player you could have gotten in the next round.
So none of those guys qualify. Especially if any of them go on to become Pro Bowl players.

If the Fins traded down three spots, we probably wouldn't have a shot a Levi Brown. Don't know how you can call that a reach by anybody's definition.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Too early to tell at this point but I'd bet money at least one of those guys will slip to round 2.

Jarret is a true WR, Ginn isn't. he's a Devin Hester with better hands, simply put he needs work to play WR in this league.

Whats that have to do with what I said?

I dont understand how you can pretend to have any idea who is and is not a reach at this point.

I'd be willing to wait for him to put in that work. His speed is undeniable and could be the threat we need in order to get our other WR's wide open as well.

your absolutely correct, Jarret is way better than Ginn. he has better hands, size, is a better route runner and can win jump balls in the end zone. some people are just in love with Ginn but the truth is he is horrible value at #9

That's the truth huh? Man, where have you been all my life? Nick1, why are we here, on this planet? What is this life for? The truth, please.

I completely understand where you are coming from. But Ginn's explosiveness is by far a landslide if it translates to the NFL. You don't agree?

Yes, it'll be so hard not to take the sexy pick in Ginn instead of Branch, Okoye, or Brown. We don't have that big explosive player on either side of the ball. Look how well it turned out for New Orleans with Bush & Chicago with Hester.

That's the truth huh? Man, where have you been all my life? Nick1, why are we here, on this planet? What is this life for? The truth, please.

I'm going off of my opinion, he is graded around the 15th spot with makes him at #9 a reach, a big one at that because in the first round the value is alot higher at #9 vs. #15

Levi Brown is NOT a reach.

Some might call Paul Posluszny, Patrick Willis, or Leon Hall a reach. But my definition of a reach is selecting a player you could have gotten in the next round. So none of those guys qualify. Especially if any of them go on to become Pro Bowl players.

If the Fins traded down three spots, we probably wouldn't have a shot a Levi Brown. Don't know how you can call that a reach by anybody's definition.

IMO, reaching is taking one player over another because that player fills a need.

As much as I do not want to take Adams, Anderson, Landry, or Hall, if they are better prospects than Brown, with more upside, better profile, etc, don't reach for Brown. Take the BPA.

At this point no matter where a team is pick it is a reach there is no sure fire guy coming out of college that will be a hall of famer cant miss prospect. now there are some guys that have talent but it all has to translate to the NFL. so if a team thinks that player has the best character and fits there scheme then that will be the player choosen player. just cause some draft site rates a player lower then the next site does not mean much to me. most of those sites are run by guys like you and me. so why put some much stock into what they say. I am sure you have watched enough pro and college games to know that aplayer is good.

At this point no matter where a team is pick it is a reach there is no sure fire guy coming out of college that will be a hall of famer cant miss prospect. now there are some guys that have talent but it all has to translate to the NFL. so if a team thinks that player has the best character and fits there scheme then that will be the player choosen player. just cause some draft site rates a player lower then the next site does not mean much to me. most of those sites are run by guys like you and me. so why put some much stock into what they say. I am sure you have watched enough pro and college games to know that aplayer is good.

I think Calvin Johnson is a sure fire player, comparible to Marvin Harrison only Calvin is bigger in size. Scouts are very excited over him

I dont understand how you can pretend to have any idea who is and is not a reach at this point.

We are simple laymen, Dis. Atleast speaking for myself, the only knowledge I have of these guys come from the internet, limited games, etc. From the internet rankings, Levi Brown averages out of the top 10.

That's all I have to go on, but by your point, no one can be called a reach and I think that's taking it a bit far.

Back
Top Bottom