I guaranty Egnew........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I guaranty Egnew........

Hopefully our starting TE next year is someone who hasn't been drafted yet such as Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz, all while Egnew having cleaned out his locker.

Hopefully needed the year to hit the weights.
I'm done with the Fasano era.

Thank you, finally someone who is positive. I agree, I think Egnew has potential. On any other team he would be contributing, but we all know how weird and philosophical Philbin is. I mean Miller barely gets playing time cause he cant block, Reggie got benched cause he fumbled once. But I think Philbin will give Egnew a shot next year.

:bobdole:

Never happen. Egnew isn't even that good offensively. At least, if you're going to be a rookie TE who can't block, your offense better be amazing or else why the hell are you even in the NFL. Nevermind the fact that he was a 3rd rounder......

Fasano is better than him. I hope he proves all of us wrong and somehow gets his butt on the field and becomes the starter.... but I just don't see it.

You know, the Colts screwed us hard. They got Andrew Luck, AND they took two TE's in the 2nd round. Fleener and Allen. Fleener got injured in rookie year but Allen looked good. We got stuck with Egnew as a result. If the Colts had only taken Fleener, we would have gotten Allen and we would be sittin pretty at TE right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's been working on his blocking. They kept him this long for a reason.

They kept him this long because they shipped their pro bowl WR for 2 picks and one of those picks were used for him. This guy is going to get chance after chance because of it.

Thank you, finally someone who is positive. I agree, I think Egnew has potential. On any other team he would be contributing, but we all know how weird and philosophical Philbin is. I mean Miller barely gets playing time cause he cant block, Reggie got benched cause he fumbled once. But I think Philbin will give Egnew a shot next year.
All season there were reports he didn't practice well and wasnt earning the opportunity to be active on Sundays. In other words the coaching staff didn't believe he could contribute positively. With that said, a shot next year? Can we really afford to take that chance unless we drastically upgrade the position (I mean someone better than fasano)? This team needs to get better next year and I'm not sure egnew helps that cause.

All season there were reports he didn't practice well and wasnt earning the opportunity to be active on Sundays. In other words the coaching staff didn't believe he could contribute positively. With that said, a shot next year? Can we really afford to take that chance unless we drastically upgrade the position (I mean someone better than fasano)? This team needs to get better next year and I'm not sure egnew helps that cause.

That is why I think he will start next year. Look, Philbin must see something here especially if the reports were bad practices and he's still on the payroll. I think they love his talent and knew going in he was a project for a year. They probably have him on a weight gaining regime and other goals. Hey,they drafted him and didn't draft any other WR, that tells me they had every intention on throwing the year away to acquire draft picks and get cap friendly.

Back
Top Bottom