I hate this quote today, from Mando.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate this quote today, from Mando..

I believe we can absolutely contend in 2013 for the playoffs.

I'm a die hard fan.......but the truth does sting right. Superbowl contender.........can't quite see that; however, with a couple of upgrades and a nice draft (come on Jeff) we could certainly contend for a playoff spot. We get in and WHY NOT US :ponder:.

He's right. All we can really do is hope that the team has a good free agency period (for once) and hits on some immediate contributors through the draft.

I don't see why we should be upset about this. The Dolphins are a team that has had four straight losing seasons. Be upset with the people who put together the team, not with the person who points out the unfortunate truth.

With Ireland at the helm we'll always be far away from a championship. I don't think we might even win a superbowl in the next 10 years but at least the Heat are going to become a dynasty. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the country for the Dolphins to win the superbowl and for the Heat to dominate the league every year or every other year so I'm complacent with the scrubs the Dolphins are destined to be with such a terrible front office.

If anyone thinks we are a contender they are insane.
If we get a #1, #2, a DE, CB, CB, and FS we might be a goood team but contender means you are VERY GOOD from top to bottom not "good." Good teams make VERY good teams work for their win, teams like us let NE blow us up 28-0.

The problem here is we don't know what the team will look like next season. It is assumed that we will look better by leaps and bounds. People are going to kiss the Pats ass no matter what. Let's see what happens once we lock up our FAs and draft picks. The Pats won't have Welker next season, and their defense isn't fantastic. It's too early to say right or wrong, but I will say this: Our team looked pretty good for most of the year. Make the upgrades and you should be singing a different tune.

The problem here is we don't know what the team will look like next season. It is assumed that we will look better by leaps and bounds. People are going to kiss the Pats ass no matter what. Let's see what happens once we lock up our FAs and draft picks. The Pats won't have Welker next season, and their defense isn't fantastic. It's too early to say right or wrong, but I will say this: Our team looked pretty good for most of the year. Make the upgrades and you should be singing a different tune.

Our defense isnt fantastic either so whats your point lol

The NFL is too unpredictable to make blanket statements like this; as we saw a few years back we're just one Tom Brady knee-injury away from being in the hunt. Anyone who thinks they know whether we're going to be 5-11 or 11-5 next year (particularly with our schedule) is yanking our chains...

it's the truth. Time for Miami to change things. FA, draft, and the rookies from last year developing will be key

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

I am no mondo fan but he was right on all points. Now, this doesn't mean tanny won't turn the corner and become a franchise qb or we won't get some players to make us playoff ready but until those things take place, mondo is dead on.

Mando is a ****ing idiot. So I tend to think opposite of what he says. Miami almost beat New England at home, beat Seattle at home, and the SF game was really close till the end. We were a few Carpenter kicks from the playoffs. Not saying we are winning the super bowl next year but the AFC, outside of Denver and New England is VERY weak

This quote is completely accurate and you would have to be nuts to see this team as a "contender" as presently constituted. We have needs at every position on the field except center, DT, and QB. Even still though, like the article said, Tannehill has not proven himself to be "elite" :or even consistently good. I believe that Tanny has all the capability to become a good starting QB, but guess what? So did Chad Henne. I like Tannehill but I wouldn't be SHOCKED if he turns out to be less than stellar.

We aren't a long ways away from a playoff team. We need 2 players on the oline, a safety, 2 corners, a pass rusher, a te and a couple of Wrs; Then we can talk contenders. People we weren't rebuilding last year, we just weren't very good. We are retooling this year. Money and resources. If Ireland nails this f.a. And draft then we could be looking at a contender in less than 2 years. That's a big if!

Our current franchise hopes all hinge on the right arm of Ryan Tannehill. If he can make a huge leap from year one to this year, we will be condentors.

If not, we will miss the playoffs again this next season and linger around .500 because our defense and run game are solid.

Back
Top Bottom