I have a question. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have a question.

You absolutely cannot say, from those stats, that London has out-performed Zach. Ridiculous.

Dolfan1000 said:
Umm.. we have a D-LINE for Sacks.

Zach is a tackling machine.

Stop over-rating Fletcher.

I'm not over-rating Fletcher. He's a blue-collar LB who can stop the run and actually has blitzes designed for him.

Sounds alot like someone else.

Im curious to see how he stops the run without big Pat clogging the middle.

You still have provided nothing that shows he has out-performed Zach. Zero.

DAMN! I can not wait for the Dolphins to face the Bills in the season.

Is that bet happening where if the dolphins lose we need to change the colors of the website and if the Bills lose they need to change them to the Dolphins colors.

Crisis said:
Yeah, a ST unit that scores 6 TDs (one even a KR over 100 yards AGAINST the "superior" Dolphin special teams) is real bad.

so you had a stellar return man for the first time in forever... i guess that completely encompasses special teams then... your knowledge is vast...

anyhow, allow me to obliterate your point...

2004, Mia -- Buff.:

KO distance: 64.1... 58.3
Touchbacks 12.... 3
Punt Ret. 10.8 10.7 (despite 2 TD returns for Buff.)
Net Punting 36.9... 36.5 (
Ins. the 20.... 19... 17
Punts Dwnd 16... 13
Long FG 51... 43 (43????)

not going to compare kickers, because Mare barely got any chances... but if you think Ryan Lindell is better than Mare, tell me where you get your stash...

even with your 3 KO returns for TDs, you still only averaged 0.8 more yards for the season...

Crisis said:
Bledsoe led us to nothing last year. He was a liability, not an asset. During Buffalo's strecth at the end of the season here are Bledsoe's stats:

STL : 185 yds, 3 TDs 1 INT, FUMBLE
SEA : 275 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT
MIA : 277 yds, 4 TDs (his only real "great" game all year)
CLE : 100 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, FUMBLE
CIN : 183 yds, 1 TD, FUMBLE
SF : 172 yds, 1 TD
PITT : 189 yds, INT, 2 FUMBLES

Then how is Wyche such a great coach?

PressCoverage said:
so you had a stellar return man for the first time in forever... i guess that completely encompasses special teams then... your knowledge is vast...

2004, Mia -- Buff.:

Touchbacks 12.... 3
Ins. the 20.... 19... 17
Punts Dwnd 16... 13

not going to compare kickers, because Mare barely got any chances... but if you think Ryan Lindell is better than Mare, tell me where you get your stash...

even with your 3 KO returns for TDs, you still only averaged 0.8 more yards for the season...

Consider it obliterated!!!

Quote: "I don't mean to take anything away from Saban but don't underestimate the Bills staff. Jerry Gray is a very proven DC, who might get a HC offer in a few years. Mularkey had a winning record as a rookie HC, McNally is one of the best OL coaches in the game, and Wyche is one of the best QB coaches in the game. I think coaching is a push due to inexperience for the Head coaches on both teams."

I've never had a problem with posters from other teams, especially if they add intelligent, well-thought out discussions to our board. I don't think you are off-base, although I believe Miami has the edge in coaching (not sold on Mularkey yet although he needs more time) and probably at running back when all is said and done.

I agree with you that Buffalo has the stronger defense, a playoff caliber unit actually. Both of our teams move up with better quarterback play, in that sense we share the same major question mark.

Don't forget about Channing Crowder at LB! Seau/Thomas/Crowder Imo will be the starters.

Even if Crowder doesn't start, he will provide better depth than anyone on the bills roster.

Crisis ran away with his tail between his legs.

Consider him- OWNED!

Mwahahaha. Go Fins.

Crisis said:
Alot of you guys are predicting the Dolphins to go in the playoffs, and the Bills to do bad because of Losman. You say the defense will carry the Dolphins, as well as RB will. But with the Bills it's all cause of Losman we won't make the playoffs. IMO the Bills have a better team than the Dolphins if we're not counting QBs.

WR - Moulds/Evans/Parrish/Reed vs Chambers/Booker/Boston/Thompson - PUSH
TE - McMichael vs Campbell/ - MIA
OL - Gany/Anderson/Teague/Villarrial/Williams vs McIntosh/James/McKinney/Hadnot(?)/McDougle - BILLS (slight edge, like picking tallest midget)
RB - McGahee/Henry/Shelton vs Brown/Williams/Martin - BILLS

DE - Taylor/Carter vs Schobel/Kelsay - MIA (even though Kelsay will suprise alot of people this year)
DT - Adams/Edwards/Anderson vs Chester/Zgognia(sp)/Traylor - BILLS
LB - Fletcher/Posey/Spikes vs Seau/Spragan(?)/Thomas - BILLS
DB - Clements/McGee/Milloy/Vincent vs Madison/Howard/Tillman/Jones - BILLS

ST - Lindell/Moorman/McGee/Parrish vs Mare/Turk/Welker (and more obviously) - BILLS

Now, do you guys actually think that AJ/Gus can do better than JP with a worse supporting cast (add on top of that the new system factor for the Phins while the Bills have a year in the new system under their belt). Gus is a career back-up, and AJ was a career back-up before he was hyped up by your front office.

One other thing I would like to add. Just because we don't have big names across the roster doesn't mean we won't be successful. Look at the 2001-2002 patriots. They had a bunch of no names across their defense and still got the job done. Our Coaching has improved significantly and will be a major factor in our success.

PressCoverage said:

2004, Mia -- Buff.:

Touchbacks 12.... 3
Ins. the 20.... 19... 17
Punts Dwnd 16... 13

The thing that seperates Buffalo and Miami's STs was that Buffalo's was EXPLOSIVE. Lindell was the weak link on the Bills ST, but to say Mare was alot better is a stretch.

Wes Welker averaged 23 yards/KR (TD)

Terrence McGee averaged 26 yards/KR (3 TDs)

Not to mention the Bills added Reshard Lee who averaged 23.5 yards/KR, better than Welker too.

Moorman is more than a punter for the Bills, he's done many trick plays (some off muffled snaps). One that comes to mind is a low snap vs NE, and he picked it up and ran like 30 yards to get a 1st down.

Add on top of that the fact you're comparing a kicker in Miami to one in Buffalo, where Buffalo isn't exactly in a climate ideal for kicking. Even though Moorman's average is still higher than Turk's, and even has a couple 80+ yard punts under his belt.

Dolfan1000 said:
Crisis ran away with his tail between his legs.

Consider him- OWNED!

Mwahahaha. Go Fins.

Yeah, me logging of for an hour to do other things makes me owned.

No, but those special teams stats sure make you and your argument owned.

Oh, and I am still waiting for the factual proof that backs up your statement about London Fletcher outperforming Zach.

Back
Top Bottom