I have a question. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have a question.

I think it's too early to say anything. We don't even know who will crack the starting lineup on either team. The bills have a better idea of who's starting but training camp is full of surprises, no matter what team you're talking about. The thing is, many of the players that may be starting on the Fins won't have too much experience so we may not know how good they'll be either. By week 4 or 5 we may know what direction the teams are headed in...
Then again, the bills started out really slow last year and they went on to finish a respectable 7-9.

We can sit here and debate player to player and unit to unit all night. All of that information can only tell you so much.

Cohesion,teamwork,execution,intellegence,and coaching are also very important factors. It's all about what guy fits your system best, therfore comparing player to player cannot prove who is going to be the better football team.

I don't want to have to dig into the archives and pull out team after team that was successful do to other factors other than big names.

One example is the 1999-2000 Miami Dolphins. We were absolutly stacked with good and Great players. Marino, Cecil Collins(RB) Rob Konrad(Rookie year) Kevin Gogan, Guard (coming off a solid year with SanFran)Tim Ruddy(madethe prow Bowl around this period) , Richmond Webb, Tony Martin(coming off a great year with ATL) O.J Mcduffie, Zach Thomas(still in his prime) Robert Jones, Derrick Rodgers, Sam Madison, Pat Surtain, T-Buck, Brock Marion, Tim Bowens, Daryl Gardner,Jason Taylor. And we got squashed that year!

I didn't read through the whole thread b/c I assume most of it will be a Bills suck/ Dolphins suck name caling session, but to answer the original post which seemed sincere, I would take Gus over Losman next year. I never thought he was worth a 1st round pick to begin with and I was mortified that Wanny might take him. Even a great QB (Marino aside) will stink up the joint his first year. I expect Losman will be worse than that. BTW I'm not among those that is predicting playoffs for Miami, but I just think Buffalo is in for a very long year.

I cant believe you think all Zach can do is tackle. In fact a lot of people who arent very knowledgable about football have the misconception that Zach can't cover well. They're all wrong. Zach had 4 Passes deflected last year. Your all pro London only had 3. And Zach played less games!!! You must not watch football. I had a friend who thought Zach was over rated, then we were watching the bengals game together and he realized that he was everywhere on the field. Zach is a rare talent and I consider him top 3 MLB in the game, no questions asked. The stats dont lie.

jtsacksyou said:
I cant believe you think all Zach can do is tackle. In fact a lot of people who arent very knowledgable about football have the misconception that Zach can't cover well. They're all wrong. Zach had 4 Passes deflected last year. Your all pro London only had 3. And Zach played less games!!! You must not watch football. I had a friend who thought Zach was over rated, then we were watching the bengals game together and he realized that he was everywhere on the field. Zach is a rare talent and I consider him top 3 MLB in the game, no questions asked. The stats dont lie.

Damn right.

Crisis said:
Alot of you guys are predicting the Dolphins to go in the playoffs, and the Bills to do bad because of Losman. You say the defense will carry the Dolphins, as well as RB will. But with the Bills it's all cause of Losman we won't make the playoffs. IMO the Bills have a better team than the Dolphins if we're not counting QBs.

WR - Moulds/Evans/Parrish/Reed vs Chambers/Booker/Boston/Thompson - PUSH
TE - McMichael vs Campbell/ - MIA
OL - Gany/Anderson/Teague/Villarrial/Williams vs McIntosh/James/McKinney/Hadnot(?)/McDougle - BILLS (slight edge, like picking tallest midget)
RB - McGahee/Henry/Shelton vs Brown/Williams/Martin - BILLS

DE - Taylor/Carter vs Schobel/Kelsay - MIA (even though Kelsay will suprise alot of people this year)
DT - Adams/Edwards/Anderson vs Chester/Zgognia(sp)/Traylor - BILLS
LB - Fletcher/Posey/Spikes vs Seau/Spragan(?)/Thomas - BILLS
DB - Clements/McGee/Milloy/Vincent vs Madison/Howard/Tillman/Jones - BILLS

ST - Lindell/Moorman/McGee/Parrish vs Mare/Turk/Welker (and more obviously) - BILLS

Now, do you guys actually think that AJ/Gus can do better than JP with a worse supporting cast (add on top of that the new system factor for the Phins while the Bills have a year in the new system under their belt). Gus is a career back-up, and AJ was a career back-up before he was hyped up by your front office.

TRAVIS HENRY WILL NOT BE WITH THE JILLS THIS YEAR HE SAID HE WOULD DIE AND GO TO H3LL BEFORE HE PLAYED 4 THEM AND YOU DIDNT EVEN MENTION KAY JAY HARRIS AND THEERE IS NOWAY THE JILLS HAVE BETTER RBS THAN US :shakeno:

Bills fans, we hate you, stay off our board until it comes time for our teams to face off. Until that time you only further incriminate your r3tarded little city of Buffalo

PassRush said:
Bills fans, we hate you, stay off our board until it comes time for our teams to face off. Until that time you only further incriminate your r3tarded little city of Buffalo
Relax, it's only a debate

Crisis said:
Two proven RBs over a rookie and a 180 pound pot-smoker who quits on his team.

What's hard to believe about that.

Proven Mcgahee hasnt played a full season injury free since High School.

Not to mention or DT consist of Trayloy and Carter
And our DE our Taylor and Holliday

If you got our linup right you might be able to more accuratly predict things.

That would make our DTs a push and our LBs are definatly a push. We just happen to have two HOF linebackers you know.

Crisis said:
Add on top of that the fact you're comparing a kicker in Miami to one in Buffalo, where Buffalo isn't exactly in a climate ideal for kicking. Even though Moorman's average is still higher than Turk's, and even has a couple 80+ yard punts under his belt.
Did you not see all those hurricanes on the news last year? TV can be a good thing bud.

FinaticPatch said:
Proven Mcgahee hasnt played a full season injury free since High School.

Not to mention or DT consist of Trayloy and Carter
And our DE our Taylor and Holliday

If you got our linup right you might be able to more accuratly predict things.

That would make our DTs a push and our LBs are definatly a push. We just happen to have two HOF linebackers you know.
who the hell taught you your football.

Seau , Zach, wtf? vs. Spikes, Fletcher, Posey.
???,??? vs. Adams and Edwards

You have football brain issues bud.

Dolfan1000 said:
No, but those special teams stats sure make you and your argument owned.

You know that at then end of each year they rank offense, defense and special teams right.

We had #1 ST, and #2 D

WitheringPlant said:
Did you not see all those hurricanes on the news last year? TV can be a good thing bud.

So you played two home games in crappy weather. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom