I hope there is no football in 2011!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope there is no football in 2011!!!

im surprised how much people are for the owners also...

they dont want the 52 guys playing the game to get the extra money, where due to health and injury and the physicality of the game, the average player lasts only a few seasons... they want to give it to the owner who will own that team for years and years until they decide to sell it for some ridiculous profit or pass it down to their children...

the players also are the ones GENERATING that money... and the money #s keep climbing yet you want the one guy in the owners box to continue to pile up more and more money instead of giving it to the guys sacrificing their bodies every week? insane to me
This is the big misconception... the players aren't asking for more money, they just want the same amount as the last CBA gave them. Since the last CBA was signed, by the way, the average value of an NFL team has gone from $200M to $1B.

So the owners are making more money but want the players to take a cut... that's not right. And people need to leave the class warfare/ jealousy crap out of this... NFL players are highly skilled employees and deserve to be compensated as such. They aren't going to work a ****ty job because they don't have to.

Hey cobbs go pick some corn during the lockout then u might know what slavery is like..

politicalpicturesgeorgebushsomethingwron-1.jpg

if u felt like a slave good riddance your body of work was awol all year!

The word slave shouldn't be used any way you slice it in this instance. It is just a piss pour choice of words. At least Cobbs had some intelligence to explain why he used the word, AP just flat out wiffed.

If you want the spot light you better be polished enough to choose your words wisely, what Cobbs said is fine but by agreeing with AP he is now lumped into a blanket statement about the NFL being like modern slavery and supporting that sentiment as the headlines are now reading.

He would have been wise to make his own statement about the owners, maybe he should have used the word "Surf" at least they were allowed to farm for themselves!
1. I still fail to see how anyone could lump what Cobbs said together with what AP said unless they had some preconceived bias that would cause them to do so.
2. Its "Serf"

1. I still fail to see how anyone could lump what Cobbs said together with what AP said unless they had some preconceived bias that would cause them to do so.
2. Its "Serf"

It isn't me running with it man

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-03-29/dolphins-cobbs-i-think-at-times-we-are-slaves

It's only one of many. The Associated Press is fickle.

And yes my bad, it is indeed "serf" I am working on a project with "Surf" in the title so I have been typing it ten times a day for the last six months, it is preprogrammed. I actually had a "serf" once it was my best friends little brother, he owed his brother money and his older brother owed me money so it worked out, I didn't mow or trim my yard all summer, I made him paint it was rather handy. He was happy because he worked off his debt and I got something for money I never saw again. lol.

It isn't me running with it man

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-03-29/dolphins-cobbs-i-think-at-times-we-are-slaves

It's only one of many. The Associated Press is fickle.

And yes my bad, it is indeed "serf" I am working on a project with "Surf" in the title so I have been typing it ten times a day for the last six months, it is preprogrammed. I actually had a "serf" once it was my best friends little brother, he owed his brother money and his older brother owed me money so it worked out, I didn't mow or trim my yard all summer, I made him paint it was rather handy. He was happy because he worked off his debt and I got something for money I never saw again. lol.
I know its not you... its the damn
media trying to create a story when there's nothing there.

Back
Top Bottom