I just don't get it..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just don't get it.....

Yeah I mean none of us really had high expectations going in to last season. 8-8 seemed like a reach. after 1-4, 8-8 seemed impossible. But things changed, the culture changed. It takes time to really build that foundation. I pegged us a better team this year with a 9-7 record. My eyes are on 2018. I think that's the year the league/media takes notice and you will start seeing the landscape in the AFCE changing.

exactly. i think we sign some big FA and nail the next draft and win the division in 2018. we might just tread water or even take a small step back this year due to a fairly tough schedule. or we might just ball out and win it this year lol

Just win baby... it will shut them up and they will jump on board.

Falcons were 150-1 to win it all last year, and should have.

Its because the "experts" dont seem to understand or acknowledge that when teams win close games that they SHOULD win its a sign of mental toughness and good coaching, not just luck.

Exactly. There are visible steps toward progress. One is not being the AFC-E last place team. Check. Winning games they SHOULD win. Check. Playing good teams close. Check. IMO, playing ANYONE close the last 4-5 games with so many ST guys deserves a check and fielding a team against top teams is a check. But you get the idea. Miami showed visible improvement in areas fans have been wanting for decades. Yet, there are fans who blindly refuse to accept that progress. Which leads me to this . . . one step is when fans actually think the team is better. Still unchecked by too many.

Seriously, why does it matter. The geniuses who are not optimistic about us this year were clearly wrong about us last season. So, they are batting .000. Who knows how well we will do? But they are entitled to their opinions just like all of us are. Can't wait to see them proven wrong again.

We looked bad against the steelers because we had Matt trash Moore at QB against a veteran playoff team. Trash Moore is ok against weak, non playoff teams but to win a real game he's gotta have a great defense and Allstars all around him. We don't have that.

If we can plug the holes at guard, hide juwan James and maybe get something out of desofty Parker our offense will be legit.

Defense is a work in progress. Getting rashad Jones back is the biggest upgrade, especially against the run. This dude is special. The rest of the secondary is a question mark to the outsiders. I personally think eve got a great group with the weakest link one foot the door in maxwell based on our draft. Timmons is old but still a solid starter. Alonso belongs in the league and way above average. The last few years we've been fielding practice squad players, just like the o line.

Optimistic but I get how the rest of the league sees us.

They think last year was smoke and mirrors due to our O & D rankings....they see a tough schedule...and many people are not overly impressed with our first two picks.

This team will win at least 10 games this season....we will contend for a playoff spot....we are improving and the leadership is in place...the Browns will improve...the Bengals Chargers Broncos Ravens will take a step back...

We will compete with the Patriots Steelers Raiders Chiefs and Texans.....The strength of schedule can change on a weekly basis...It seems to be determined by where you stood last season with a sprinkle of consistency...it doesn't mean a lot to me...there are some real things that affect the schedule imo...playing in London...playing a Thursday night game after a Sunday game...on the road after a short week...those factors do mean something but teams are who they are and the game is what it is so reputation and last season doesn't scare me ....

Just my 2 cents...no link of information...just my take on our team...I believe the team has turned a corner

I like Gase and think he will make us a good team but last year I think we got pretty lucky, I see us winning around 8 games this year as the schedule is tougher. We still need more talent, especially on defense, as much as I like Gase I dislike our front office. We haven't drafted well in years, I think we've gotten better recently but there was only one way to go with as bad as we had been drafting.

Tough schedule. Have to see how the team gells and how the new players play. But I can see a good season

A 3-1 record against the AFC West says a lot more about the team than going 3-1 against the AFC South (at least in my mind). I agree that at the end of the day you either make the playoffs or you don't, but I'd rather see progress with the team rather than getting the doors blown off in the first round.
We didn't even have our starting QB. That's kind of a handicap, along with the other guys missing. Excuses, I know, but I expect us to play well this year, starting early.

We didn't even have our starting QB. That's kind of a handicap, along with the other guys missing. Excuses, I know, but I expect us to play well this year, starting early.

It's all on the defense to get better. I don't think the outcome would've been too much different with a healthy offense. If the defense gets better, this team can take that next step. None of the teams in the NFL scare me when this team is playing well; the talent is there, just need to be consistent.

All in all we are a better team this year and still not make the playoff or have a worse record. We are moving in the right direction and there will be bumps in the road. But I like the way we are headed and we could surprise all the Fin haters. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom