I just read that Brissett will be the Browns #1 QB this year | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just read that Brissett will be the Browns #1 QB this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When asked if the Browns looked into the situation surrounding the quarterback, La Confora said there wasn’t any.

“Nothing,” La Confora said. “Jimmy Haslam doesn’t know this dude. He kept throwing money at him.”

According to La Confora, the Browns didn’t do any sort of research into the allegations and spent minimal time talking to Watson."

I’ve said it time and time again, this scenario is not a surprise to the Browns at all. They did their due diligence, knew more than anyone else did about Watson’s situation, and made a well educated decision fully prepared for Brissett to be the starter for a year.

Now more stories are coming out that it will be a 6-8 game suspension. Those that thought the Browns were just willing to flush 250 million dollars down the toilet all Willy-nilly on a gamble they didn’t do their research on are simply not being rational or logical.

No business would operate that recklessly, much less one of the elite businesses in the world.

How many of the 24,now possibly 30. Women did the Browns interview or speak to?

No one can claim, with any sincerity, due diligence was done when the Browns didn't speak to any of these women.

Maybe GRYPHONK is wrong, if they spoke to any, please let GRYPHONK know

I just read that Brissett will be the Browns #1 QB this year

I can't make up my mind if I should laugh or cry.

Reasons to Laugh:
The Browns are about to trade away a pretty good QB, are about to lose the availability of a very expensive QB they just traded for and are left with Brissett as their starting QB.

Reasons to cry:
The Browns are about to trade away a pretty good QB, are about to lose the availability of a very expensive QB they just traded for and are left with Brissett as their starting QB.

Reason to gloat:
And we thought we had QB problems - LOL

While I'm happy for Brissett getting this kind of opportunity, I don't see success in his future. I will be "almost" dumbfounded if he and Cleveland have a successful season. I will be laughing at the losing team every time Cleveland wins - considering their QB situation. I'll be crying if they do better than we do this year.
I think the answer is to be happy that Brisett is getting a nice chance.
The rest may be true, but dwell on the good for Brisett.
Is the rest od Cleveland’s roster any good? Do they have a chance to get the number one pick?

How many of the 24,now possibly 30. Women did the Browns interview or speak to?

No one can claim, with any sincerity, due diligence was done when the Browns didn't speak to any of these women.

Maybe GRYPHONK is wrong, if they spoke to any, please let GRYPHONK know
What do you think is more likely, an elite business did a thorough, detailed investigation and made a well informed decision to risk 250 million dollars, or the same business just said “screw it, we’ll blindly risk a quarter of a billion dollars on a complete unknown”?

To think the latter happened is just silly.

What do you think is more likely, an elite business did a thorough, detailed investigation and made a well informed decision to risk 250 million dollars, or the same business just said “screw it, we’ll blindly risk a quarter of a billion dollars on a complete unknown”?

To think the latter happened is just silly.
The browns didn't interview one of the accusers..... Not one.

They wanted Watson no matter what.

Having money doesn't make them an elite business....... See the Redskins

Did you read @rafael post above?

The browns didn't interview one of the accusers..... Not one.

They wanted Watson no matter what.

Having money doesn't make them an elite business....... See the Redskins

Did you read @rafael post above?
Whether they interviewed an an accuser or not does not mean they didn’t do a thorough enough investigation to be confident enough to risk 250 million dollars that the most time Watson would miss was a year.

The thought that any business would risk so much without being confident in the investigation’s outcome is laughable.

And yes, building your business to be worth billions and one of only 32 pro sports teams in your sport makes you an elite business.

billion dollar team worth with a two cent GM…most of the time that’s the case in the buisness..

"When asked if the Browns looked into the situation surrounding the quarterback, La Confora said there wasn’t any.

“Nothing,” La Confora said. “Jimmy Haslam doesn’t know this dude. He kept throwing money at him.”

According to La Confora, the Browns didn’t do any sort of research into the allegations and spent minimal time talking to Watson."
I’ll wait until La Canfora says something negative about Tua before he’s considered a hack.

Sure, the Browns just blindly threw 250 million dollars at a player they didn’t bother getting to know at all. Ok.

The theory that b/c it's billion dollar business that they always do their due diligence has been dis-proven many times.
When has a team threw a 250 million dollar guaranteed piece of spaghetti blindly against the wall in hopes it might stick?

We’re not taking about drafting Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf here.

And when the suspension comes down between 6-17 games, I’m sure it will be just a case of the Browns getting lucky.

CJ Stroud is going No.1, but to whom? Probably Houston. Wouldn’t rule out Atlanta. Putrid roster.

When has a team threw a 250 million dollar guaranteed piece of spaghetti blindly against the wall in hopes it might stick?

We’re not taking about drafting Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf here.

And when the suspension comes down between 6-17 games, I’m sure it will be just a case of the Browns getting lucky.
Nobody is saying they were smart. But there is literally "zero" evidence that they did their due diligence. Your entire assumption is that you just can't believe they would be that neglectful. On the other hand, there is at least one report they did almost nothing. And things like interviewing all of the known witnesses is something most everybody would agree that a team should do when throwing that much money at a player. We know they didn't do that. We can't point to anything they did beyond talking to Watson briefly and apparently taking him at his word. Reality is that we know teams and humans in general will behave stupidly when they decide they want something. You may think it's "laughable", I would say it's human nature and something we see happen all the time.

Nobody is saying they were smart. But there is literally "zero" evidence that they did their due diligence. Your entire assumption is that you just can't believe they would be that neglectful. On the other hand, there is at least one report they did almost nothing. And things like interviewing all of the known witnesses is something most everybody would agree that a team should do when throwing that much money at a player. We know they didn't do that. We can't point to anything they did beyond talking to Watson briefly and apparently taking him at his word. Reality is that we know teams and humans in general will behave stupidly when they decide they want something. You may think it's "laughable", I would say it's human nature and something we see happen all the time.
When has a sports team in any sport ever taken a quarter of a billion dollar blind risk on a player with as much potential baggage as Watson? It may never have happened before, and it certainly does not happen all the time.

When has a sports team in any sport ever taken a quarter of a billion dollar blind risk on a player with as much potential baggage as Watson? It may never have happened before, and it certainly does not happen all the time.
Inflation will affect the numbers but businesses have made huge bets without due diligence throughout history. How many dot-com investments were made without due diligence? Reality is that many investment decisions are made out of greed or fear. On the greed side, when someone wants a player or a company or whatever, they'll leap without doing their due diligence.

Inflation will affect the numbers but businesses have made huge bets without due diligence throughout history. How many dot-com investments were made without due diligence? Reality is that many investment decisions are made out of greed or fear. On the greed side, when someone wants a player or a company or whatever, they'll leap without doing their due diligence.
You tell me? If it happens all the time, How many 250 million dollar dot-com investments were made without sound due diligence? Which ones were they?

Which sports teams made risks comparable to the one the Browns made? Should be easy to name a few since it happens all the time.

There is ZERO chance the Browns risked $250 million guaranteed dollars without doing due diligence. Watsons upcoming suspension length will prove this to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom