I need your help folks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need your help folks

Mako

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sorry to sound like I'm begging for help here, but this is kind of a big opportunity for me.

A co-worker/friend of mine and I are the official fill in hosts of a sports talk radio show here in Pennsylvania. I had always wanted the opportunity to interview/speak with Dan Marino about his career, and with his induction in to the Hall of Fame forthcoming, I figured now was as good of a time as any. So, I decided to throw darts at a wall and called the number on his website. Little did I suspect I'd get a call back.

Well, a few weeks passed and I got a call.. From his PR director who told me she wants me to put together a proposal and Email it to her discussing what I'd like to interview him about/etc.

I'm a good writer, or so I think.. However for this one, I'm really f'n nervous and want it to sound perfect so I don't sound amateur and get rejected on the spot. Marino is my damn idol and needless to say if I could get him on our show, it'd do huge wonders for my career and my credibility.

Any advice and help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

ercin13 said:
ask him about the situation when he quit last year. was it because of wanny.

:confused:

Isn't he talking about Dan Marino and not #34?

I don't have any advice, but good luck :up:

Keep it positive. People love talking about the good things they've done. Ask him about his relationship with south florida, his community service, his best years in the nfl, his records, exciting stuff. He is your idol, and so you could probably think of more interesting, but let's face it, more boring questions. The goal is to get the guy on the show, not for you to get to know him better. It's just my advice, take it as a grain of salt if you wish.

Not to be a hater or anything but you spelled amateur, 'amature'. Spell check will definitely make you look smarter in the proposal.

Dolphins13Fan said:
Sorry to sound like I'm begging for help here, but this is kind of a big opportunity for me.

A co-worker/friend of mine and I are the official fill in hosts of a sports talk radio show here in Pennsylvania. I had always wanted the opportunity to interview/speak with Dan Marino about his career, and with his induction in to the Hall of Fame forthcoming, I figured now was as good of a time as any. So, I decided to throw darts at a wall and called the number on his website. Little did I suspect I'd get a call back.

Well, a few weeks passed and I got a call.. From his PR director who told me she wants me to put together a proposal and Email it to her discussing what I'd like to interview him about/etc.

I'm a good writer, or so I think.. However for this one, I'm really f'n nervous and want it to sound perfect so I don't sound amature and get rejected on the spot. Marino is my damn idol and needless to say if I could get him on our show, it'd do huge wonders for my career and my credibility.

Any advice and help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Dan is a very devout family man. If you were to talk to him about his family from his parents to the chinese child that him and Claire adopted you should do well.

Dan Marino is one of the few people in this world that I would be star struck if I encountered him. Good luck. I really have no advice, but I would bet his PR person just wants you to lob softballs at him. I would just keep it real simple..

popularwar said:
Not to be a hater or anything but you spelled amateur, 'amature'. Spell check will definitely make you look smarter in the proposal.

You say Tomato, I say Tomatoe....

:lol: Thanks for catching that for me. Some of those words I get trapped with, because while my spelling is solid, sometimes my typing speed gets me carried away.

ercin13 said:
no when dan was hired for an exec position and quit right after

Ah... my mistake. I have all but erased that situation from my mind and blamed it on the coaching staff and lack of solidity already. But I can also see the point of view he already gave to the media. He truely wasn't prepared for how that possition would affect his family time.

Heck, I have made that mistake in my career as well. It's not fun, nor should the offer be envied, if you value family time period.

ask him about his golf game. he is always playin golf at the country club. ask him if he will ever come back to the dolphins as an office guy or if he ever thought about coaching.

no general order:

1. If you could give 1 piece of advice to a parent who jsut found out that their child has autism(sp), what would it be?

2. Where would you rate yourself on the list of greatest QBs

3. Funny- how could you forget your jacket at the banquet

4. Funny- couple of ways:
A. Are you sick of David Hasseloff
B. What is the first thing you think of when i say "David Hasseloff"

5. Ever see yourself coaching, in any capacity

6. Who hit you the hardest

kpcane said:
Keep it positive. People love talking about the good things they've done. Ask him about his relationship with south florida, his community service, his best years in the nfl, his records, exciting stuff. He is your idol, and so you could probably think of more interesting, but let's face it, more boring questions. The goal is to get the guy on the show, not for you to get to know him better. It's just my advice, take it as a grain of salt if you wish.

He is right ... Danny is not going to come on so he can get into last years nonsense - I would focus on his experience growing up - playing football up there and what about being a "northern" boy helped him become the man (father and football player) he is. Find parallels between his experience there and his success with the fins. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom