I need your help folks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need your help folks

Someone mentioned he was a family man. His son is into the local theatre scene in Coral Springs, Dan's showed up a few times to banquets and award shows and stuff. Ask him if you think his role in Ace Ventura inspired his son to take up acting.

You guys and gals are great!

If/when it happens I'll let you know (for those who are in the Central Pennsylvania area) to tune in live to hear it. For those who aren't, I'll get in contact with AJ to see if he wants a copy of it to put on here.

Ask him who he thinks will be our starting quarterback - Feeley or Frerotte? Ask him about what being inducted to the hall of fame feels like? Ask him about his relationship with Don Shula. Just a few thoughts.
Good Luck

I will give you some tips if you send me a pic of him when you interview him

i dont know what questions id ask him but at the end of the interview i would tell him thanks for all the great memories, thiers a generation of fans that are going to be telling thier kids about the greatest qb ever to play the game ps circlewagonman juust one question for you is thier a rope on that thier wagon of yours??

as mentioned, you may want to ask about his son with autism spectrum disorder. Dan, his wife, and the son were on NBC a few months ago talking about the trials and the progress that they have made as a family.

There are a number of other topics that you could address on a generic level as well. things like what he thinks about the new team, the new players and coaches.

one question that you need to ask is if he ever visits finheaven.

oh one more question, ask if he really believes that Le Batard was cheering for Mike Anderson/Maghee(sp), or whoever else he said he was cheering for with Jason Cole when they were caught cheering for the Dolphins missing the playoffs.

attachment.php

It sounds like you are intimidated and frightened. Dan was your age once and debuted as a rookie in the NFL. He has also had a media career; he will understand. Dan has always shown great self-confidence. I would just try to downplay the magnitude of the whole situation and imagine myself interviewing famous people all the time. Be yourself and ask him what it is that you want to know. Use your unique perspective and don't just be ga-ga. Do your best Dan Marino impression and be cool and professional. I think that will impress him. It's your job to try to land the interview and to do the interview. Try to not be Dan's biggest fan but just do your job, learn from your mistakes, and celebrate your victories. Good luck you lucky dog!

;)

I'd ask him what footballs he has kept through his career. And any other items that he has kept through his career. Ask him which of his records he holds is he most proud of, the total yards / or total TD's. That kind of stuff.

I would keep it just about him and his hall of fame induction.

No Downers, just uppers. Asking about his kid, or family might not be exactly what he wants to talk about. I would if he brings it up, but I wouldnt bring it up.

i have a few questions that you might want to ask danny...what his feelings were having to wait to get drafted til pick 27...who was his favorite wr...what he thinks of saban...is he still close to shula and what other dolphins is he still close to...his opinions of j.j./wanny...and us,the fans...

Ask him if he still stays in contact with Shula (Im sure he does, wonder how often they speak though).
Also ask him some question about what he thinks of the Dolphins current team, Saban etc.
Id also ask him what he thinks of Wanny coaching at his alma mater
And get him to say that he was the best QB to come out of the 84 draft hands down (it would be a good sound bite :) )

I would definitely keep the interview positive and what i mean is that i wouldnt ask him about quitting last year. See if theres anything you can help him promote, like a foundation, golf tournament etc....

Talk about Wanny going to Pittsburgh since he use go to school there. Talk about Ricky Williams coming back and if its bad/good for the team. Ask him what he enjoys the most, Inside the NFL or working on Sundays for CBS. Theres tons of things you can ask but make sure its positive and not negative.

GL and post something once you find out, id like to hear it.

utfinfan said:
as mentioned, you may want to ask about his son with autism spectrum disorder. Dan, his wife, and the son were on NBC a few months ago talking about the trials and the progress that they have made as a family.

There are a number of other topics that you could address on a generic level as well. things like what he thinks about the new team, the new players and coaches.

one question that you need to ask is if he ever visits finheaven.

oh one more question, ask if he really believes that Le Batard was cheering for Mike Anderson/Maghee(sp), or whoever else he said he was cheering for with Jason Cole when they were caught cheering for the Dolphins missing the playoffs.

attachment.php

IT wasnt leBatard, it was Salguero.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dan at the CBS pregame show last year and he seemed like a really cool guy so the best advice I could give would be to just stay loose. He's my football idol too and i told him as much but in your position it sounds unprofessional since journalism is technically supposed to be unbiased so i wouldn't do too much buttsmooching other than to say something like "i grew up a phin fan and enjoyed watching you for so many years" or something.

Some ideas:
-Ask him what he thought of our draft and offseason? Predictions for upcoming season for miami and Afc East?
-ask him about his relationship with coach saban; if they struck 1 up at all.
-about the health of his knees/quality of life now that football is done. If he could relate to what Tim Bowens is going through having to leave the game maybe a bit earlier than he (Bowens)would have liked?
-Future plans? TV? Coaching/front office? Ownership? some combo of TV/family life?
-If he misses the game and fans when he's bored of golf after a few days?
-Any regrets about his career?
-His charity work; maybe let him plug the charities hes involved with?
-What players he likes to watch? Who most resembles himself among active players? Stadiums he enjoyed playing in most other than home?
-Absolutely remind him that I said he is the God of all Qb's and that Phinfan Nation still misses watching him play! :)

Good luck; I think you'll do fine.

you could ask him about his days in pittsburgh and how it was growing up into football becuase he is from pennsylvania, idk too much else to say but good luck with it!

Back
Top Bottom