I ran into Daunte Culpepper last night at the ale house in Ocala. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I ran into Daunte Culpepper last night at the ale house in Ocala.

Sure our inept HC and GM could have handled Culpepper's departure better, but can they really be faulted for wanting no part of a slow witted QB who without his mobility was a treetrunk who read D's slower than a 2nd grader does Dick and Jane?

Aside from grossly exaggerating his weaknesses, moving on from Daunte Culpepper has nothing to do with it. I don't blame them for moving on from Daunte Culpepper to Trent Green. If you have Cam Cameron coming in with his offense, that's what you do. But I do blame them for handling it poorly. They could have had Daunte genuinely compete for the job, or they could have just released him and got it over with. They decided to just flop around like a bunch of slapdicks, trying to get a 7th round pick for him and making a spectacle of themselves and the franchise in the process.

As far as doing the right thing and releasing him.. I have little sympathy for someone who pocketed $3+million of WH's money for mostly riding an exercise bike while rehabbing for his next team. Did Saban press him into duty too soon? Yeah, but who said Saban's any more worthwhile? Do you really think that if Daunte had Drew Rosenhaus as his agent instead of the moron he decided to represent him, Drew wouldn't have interceded over his being rushed back, or then found a team willing trade for him instead of stretching the ordeal out? Is it just coincidence that Culpepper "retired" since no one would touch him other than in desperation?

Daunte worked hard to come back from that injury. It didn't work out. Backup QBs collect millions to sit on the bench all the time. Doesn't mean we get to treat them like crap and expect them to just take it. And your logic is poor. Just because Saban was an arse and mishandled the Culpepper situation, why do we have to just automatically include Daunte in that? That makes no sense. And I don't know if you've noticed but Daunte is competing for the starting job in Detroit right now.

Sorry I can't buy into him as a maligned injured party with his track record of douchery including that idiotic dance when Moss used to bail him and his inadequacies out, the loveboat poor judgment, his refusing to rehab with the Vikings in favor of his own program in some gym behind an Orlando K Mart even before becoming "Saban's fiasco."

Yes, not even considering the 2nd rounder we gave up, it is Saban's fault, not Daunte's for us taking him regardless of whether or not Brees was an alternative option. Without Moss before he went down, Culpecker's rating of 72 with 6 TDs and 12 interceptions should have been enough of a cautionary tale. With Oakland, it was 76% and with Detroit, as bad as they were, but with Calvin Johnson to throw to, it was an abysmal 64% - that's John Beck territory.

Bottom line, he acted like a douche with us and afterwards. He walked away with more of Wayne's money than many people see in 5-10 years and has done little to dispute one of the Cam regime's few good decisions.

Most of what you say up here is just a bunch of unsubstantiated and in some cases completely factually untrue, hyperbole.

The real bottom line is the front office tried to screw him over and showed poor judgment, so he looked out for himself. The fans taunted him, so when he was on another team, he scored five touchdowns and taunted them back. You call that being a douche, I call that payback. And I'm glad he did it.

I always like Daunte, man did he put up some impresive fantasy points. I took him as a backup in 2000 and wow did he put some numbers up. He won it all for me that year. I have to agree with alot of you that we treated him like garbage, thank god we are in a new era of the dolphins organization. Sound like a pretty cool guy to have a few frosties with.

Gimme a break. You don't see Pennington act like that towards Jets fans, or the organization, and they cheered they he got injured for crying out loud. The organization threw him out like an old wash rag. The guy is pure class, Culpepper is not. I expect some level of professionalism from the athletes. So what, fans boo, cheer, jeer whatever, that's what they do. They pay to do what they want. Although I don't agree with booing the players you'll have to excuse me if I don't shed a tear for the millionaires when it happens, and I certainly don't expect them to hold onto a grudge, and comeback with another team much later and taunt the home crowd. Total Bush league -- total punk.

What the hell are you talking about? Its bush league to do what he does, but fans can do whatever the hell they want? Thats the biggest double standard I ever hear. Culpepper was ridiculed here, never given a fair shake, and Cam Cameron insulted and humiliated him in front of the world with the fiasco he did with him. I agree with what Culpepper did, he showed that his knees were not a problem, and proved Dolphins fans wrong in THAT GAME. Maybe if the Dol-Fans weren't such pompous pricks and fairweather fans during his time, then maybe he wouldnt have taunted the Dolphins fans when he scored that TD. He has nothing but respect for Minny and their fans because they actually have some class and dignity themselves. I think Culpepper is overrated like hell, but he was treated unfairly here.

You cannot correlate Pennington and other QBs and even other players in the league. He is a complete different enigma and person. They all dont have to act the same way. On top of that, the Jets informed them of their plans, and gave him the proper time to sign with another team in order to be prepared for the regular season. Culpepper was royaly screwed by the coaching staff here and was played like a fiddle. The fans didnt support him either. In Minny, when the times were tough, fans still supported him there. Fin Fans didnt do that once here, even with his bad knees.

I don't condone how our FO handled Culpepper's situation, I agree it was poor. But I certainly don't approve of the way Daunte acted towards the fans for quite simply, being fans. They boo'd him cause he out and out sucked. If i'm not mistaken his first int was one of the ugliest ever. The ensuing failures that followed was just icing on the cake.

If his intention was to taunt the FO through the fans well.. I imagine he could have chose a better avenue to do so, rather than pointing to his knee and then to the crowd during a rout. How anyone can say that's not a taunt considering the time he chose to do that little performance is beyond me.

I guess Daunte wouldn't know the first thing about taking the high road if he feels disrespected, he should ask Chad for some tips.

Not everyone is like Chad?

What the hell are you talking about? Its bush league to do what he does, but fans can do whatever the hell they want? Thats the biggest double standard I ever hear. Culpepper was ridiculed here, never given a fair shake, and Cam Cameron insulted and humiliated him in front of the world with the fiasco he did with him. I agree with what Culpepper did, he showed that his knees were not a problem, and proved Dolphins fans wrong in THAT GAME. Maybe if the Dol-Fans weren't such pompous pricks and fairweather fans during his time, then maybe he wouldnt have taunted the Dolphins fans when he scored that TD. He has nothing but respect for Minny and their fans because they actually have some class and dignity themselves. I think Culpepper is overrated like hell, but he was treated unfairly here.

You cannot correlate Pennington and other QBs and even other players in the league. He is a complete different enigma and person. They all dont have to act the same way. On top of that, the Jets informed them of their plans, and gave him the proper time to sign with another team in order to be prepared for the regular season. Culpepper was royaly screwed by the coaching staff here and was played like a fiddle. The fans didnt support him either. In Minny, when the times were tough, fans still supported him there. Fin Fans didnt do that once here, even with his bad knees.

Culpepper is a professional athlete who gets paid a lot of money to play a game. I'd expect a much higher level of professionalism from him as opposed to your average fan who pays to see their team and release their emotions, many of whom are drunk while doing so.

Chad was one example, there have been many, many players who've been booed or mistreated by the fans for poor play, you don't see very many of them take that too personally and lash out, simply because it's obviously not personal, it's just fans wanting to see their team be successful.

I guess Daunte is just a little sensitive, and a little insecure.

Culpepper is a professional athlete who gets paid a lot of money to play a game. I'd expect a much higher level of professionalism from him as opposed to your average fan who pays to see their team and release their emotions, many of whom are drunk while doing so.

Chad was one example, there have been many, many players who've been booed or mistreated by the fans for poor play, you don't see very many of them take that too personally and lash out, simply because it's obviously not personal, it's just fans wanting to see their team be successful.

I guess Daunte is just a little sensitive, and a little insecure.

Well As a dolphin fan please explain to me when he lashed out at me

How dare u point at your knee. Is that the new finger.
This was between Daunte and the idiots that were running this team, he has never said anything or did anything against dolphin fans.

Daunte Culpepper, Nick Saban & Cam Cameron all did great things for our team.

Without them, we probably never have Bill Parcells in charge.

Well As a dolphin fan please explain to me when he lashed out at me

How dare u point at your knee. Is that the new finger.
This was between Daunte and the idiots that were running this team, he has never said anything or did anything against dolphin fans.

It's really simple. That was not the time nor the place for antics like that. He didn't just point at his knee, he pointed at his knee, and then stared at the crowd yelling who knows what for a good 10 seconds. He should have been flagged for excessive celebration. What exactly would you consider a taunt to the crowd? their not throwing up middle fingers it must not be a taunt I guess.

he used to come and watch AAU baseball games where my little brother's used to play. he was a real nice guy - talking to all the kids and signing autographs and whatnot. i always felt bad for him for getting rushed back to play - but he should have known better.

that year, my little brothers' (got 2 that play together) had barry larkin's kid, griffey's kid, and tracy mcgrady's little brother on their team. they were sick. a few of them even played on their football team last year. chance mcgrady is a total stud. it was always cool to go the games and see all those guys sitting on the bleachers rooting for their kids.

It's really simple. That was not the time nor the place for antics like that. He didn't just point at his knee, he pointed at his knee, and then stared at the crowd yelling who knows what for a good 10 seconds. He should have been flagged for excessive celebration. What exactly would you consider a taunt to the crowd? their not throwing up middle fingers it must not be a taunt I guess.

LOL and people call Daunte sensitive. I mean seriously u get cut by a team that does not give u a chance and you score 5 tds, you would not at least point at your knee. believe me if Daunte was the azz some people act like he is Im sure he wouldnt have just showed his knee was ok. Joey Porter acts more like a total azz in every game he plays in.

Yea mommy he looked at us too long he must be taunting

LOL and people call Daunte sensitive. I mean seriously u get cut by a team that does not give u a chance and you score 5 tds, you would not at least point at your knee. believe me if Daunte was the azz some people act like he is Im sure he wouldnt have just showed his knee was ok. Joey Porter acts more like a total azz in every game he plays in.

Yea mommy he looked at us too long he must be taunting

He was obviously talking trash to the fans. Or do you think he just repeated my knee is OK over and over for a good 10 seconds as he faced up to the fans in the endzone bobbing his head up and down after he rushed for TD, after he had pointed to his knee.

But you're free to think what you want about the guy and so am I. There's no reason to respect this guy as a football player or a Miami Dolphin, especially if you're a dolphin fan. He sucked for us, and then he turned around and disrespected the fans and the stadium with those antics, not to mention the raiders running up the score that day. Strange how persistent you are in defending the guy. Sounds like a man crush to me.

He was obviously talking trash to the fans. Or do you think he just repeated my knee is OK over and over for a good 10 seconds as he faced up to the fans in the endzone bobbing his head up and down after he rushed for TD, after he had pointed to his knee.

But you're free to think what you want about the guy and so am I. There's no reason to respect this guy as a football player or a Miami Dolphin, especially if you're a dolphin fan. He sucked for us, and then he turned around and disrespected the fans and the stadium with those antics, not to mention the raiders running up the score that day. Strange how persistent you are in defending the guy. Sounds like a man crush to me.

I dont have a man crush on any player but I have no reason to dislike Culpepper. The management screwed him over and he did what he had to do. I dont hate AJ Feeley either. I dont hate John Beck.

You take it as disrespect thats fine but I watched the game and see nothing disrespectful. Im more disrespected by Joey Porter gettin back to back personal fouls and not coming off the field when the coach called him off. Some people act like he went to midfield and pissed on the dolphin.

Im a football fan and for the most part dont dislike any players except ones that over and over do asinine things. I also dont blindly support a player just because they happen to play for my team.

He is a Fl boy,
this team was the worst thing that happened to him, He came back a year later, beat the team, scored a rushing Td, patted his knee and put up the "a ok" sign.
Thats not disrespect
thats showing you what he still can do, since they obviously thought he couldnt.
He didnt stomp out the Mascot or tear down a sign he didnt punch a kid in a wheel chair, he pointed to his knee...

Back
Top Bottom