I think the Dolphins finally figured it out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think the Dolphins finally figured it out

Success in this league is luck? We've been through a decade of tough times and we've been lucky enough to have the chance to draft Brees, Rodgers, and Ryan. Yet passed each time. I don't want luck, I want competence.

Oh, success in this league can definitely include some Luck.

We have blown up the whole offense and installed a new scheme, run by a rookie coach using a rookie quarterback. We have also changed the defensive scheme and are playing the new one with personnel acquired for the old one.

Call it rebuilding or whatever else you want, but it is only natural that we are going to suck for a while. Accept it. Embrace the suckhood. It's the first steps in the journey. But although we can't go to the playoffs while we suck, there is one very satisfying thing we can do in the meantime.

We can sweep the Jets. They suck, too.

I was reading the details behind the Jets:Rams swap of Hunter for Jason Smith (the 2nd player taken in the 2009 draft behind Matthew Stafford). This is a classic example of a club (St Louis) being totally screwed by selected an average player and committing so heavily in guarranteed income. Smith got injured in year 1 and the team lived in hope that he could be the player they thought they drafted. However, he just got progressively worse. (Mel Kiper described Smith as a can't miss OT).
Under the new CBA rookies significantly lower amounts are committed and so teams aren't locked up if the player turns out to be a bust. However, getting a good player with the 1st round pick is not a science. We have improved from the disastrous picks like Ted Ginn Jnr, Jason Allen and Jamar Fletcher, but it can never be taken for granted.

We have blown up the whole offense and installed a new scheme, run by a rookie coach using a rookie quarterback. We have also changed the defensive scheme and are playing the new one with personnel acquired for the old one.

Call it rebuilding or whatever else you want, but it is only natural that we are going to suck for a while. Accept it. Embrace the suckhood. It's the first steps in the journey. But although we can't go to the playoffs while we suck, there is one very satisfying thing we can do in the meantime.

We can sweep the Jets. They suck, too.

Glass half full, love this post.

Themajster has got it right again. "We are probably going to suck for a while. Accept it. Embrace the suckhood. It's the first steps in the journey." Some people pay a lot of money to get advice from "Life Coaches" and psychologists that is not as good as that message.
Life wasn't meant to be easy - EMBRACE THE SUCKHOOD.... Ireland appears to have embraced it.

Success in this league is luck? We've been through a decade of tough times and we've been lucky enough to have the chance to draft Brees, Rodgers, and Ryan. Yet passed each time. I don't want luck, I want competence.

Amen brother!

Back
Top Bottom