I would like to hear more opinions of CK and Boomer about our draft plans. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would like to hear more opinions of CK and Boomer about our draft plans.

do you not think that it could have been byu' s gimmick offense that attributed to alot of beck's stats?

i think the dolphins will pass on matt ryan...and will regret it for the next few years just like drew brees. also when i look at clips of john beck at byu he never had any kind of a pass rush on him, it always seemed like he had all day to throw. i have a bad feeling about this quarterback nightmare.

WHEN YOU GET DONE WATCHING THE FOUR CLIPS THAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND START WATCHING THE 23 GAMES I WATCH OF HIM THEN YOU CAN TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE YOU ACTUALLY MIGHT KNOW ABOUT.

I see more velocity on Matt Ryan's throws than I generally do with Beck. Ryan's out patterns whistle and pop. His deep ball is a thing to behold, and he throws cross-body as well as anyone out there. It isn't Jamarcus Russell, but it's a damn good arm.

I just watched several youtube videos of Ryan to see if my recollection of his arm strength was faulty and I really don't see what you see. I guess we'll just disagree.

Always a chance...but I doubt the Dolphins would take him at 32...since they'll select J. Long with the 1st pick.

If there's good value in the pick, I wouldn't object to two tackles with the first two picks. Not what I would do personally, but I wouldn't mind.

i think the dolphins will pass on matt ryan...and will regret it for the next few years just like drew brees. also when i look at clips of john beck at byu he never had any kind of a pass rush on him, it always seemed like he had all day to throw. i have a bad feeling about this quarterback nightmare.

His senior year he did have a decent OL. However, he was pressued at times and made quick reads and got ride of the ball on time and on target. You may want to watch the final game of the season vs. rival Utah. Beck was under pressure and making throws on the run and adlibbed quite a bit.

Maybe the reason you thought Beck wasn't pressured was because he was good at making presnap reads, knowing where he wanted the ball to go and getting the ball out on time. IIRC, Jaws made a bid deal on draft day of Beck's ability to anticipate and make the throw before the WR made his break. That takes timing between the WR and QB. It doesn't happen overnight.

Give a QB some time with the first team, put a decent team around him and he will look better.

I have said all along that Ryan can make all the throws to be a real good NFL QB. The deep out is a big one for me. That is a pass you have to consistently complete to excel at the NFL level. Across his body is unbelievable. That is a great test for a QB and Ryan's arm is strong in this area.

I liked your point I read today about Ryan getting on a streak. Once he gets on a streak and gets confidence he makes mistakes. Does this show lack of poise and if so how can that be corrected?[/quote]
Who cares, we will leave that 4 Atlanta to decide

While it is very true that I talked up Joe Staley constantly, even saying I'd take him at #9 overall, I think you would be hard pressed to find an instance where I said that I would take Joe Staley above Joe Thomas.

However, if you're right and I did say that, what do you want me to say? Congratulations, you found an instance where my position rankings were incorrect? Whooptee. You going to tell me that Mel Kiper's position rankings don't look like swiss cheese after a few years, it's so full of holes? If you're trying to warn off about overthinking things, think of how broad a criticism that is. Can't you say that about any single thing I say? I was wrong once, so now I'm overthinking things? Couldn't that apply to my opinion about Matt Ryan? Or Chris Long? Or Vernon Gholston? Or Glenn Dorsey? I'm overthinking?

I think that your analysis of players is excellent, among the best, and I always look forward to reading your posts. I'm just saying that certain things are evident when it comes to Jake Long: discipline, intelligence, size, strength, arm length, drive blocking, feet, etc. Otah, is damn good, but I would never take him over JLong, for the intangibles as well as the tangibles. No harm intended.

I think that your analysis of players is excellent, among the best, and I always look forward to reading your posts. I'm just saying that certain things are evident when it comes to Jake Long: discipline, intelligence, size, strength, arm length, drive blocking, feet, etc. Otah, is damn good, but I would never take him over JLong, for the intangibles as well as the tangibles. No harm intended.

I wasn't knocking your right to disagree. I was knocking your logic in saying that because I was higher on Joe Staley than the general public, and a little less high on Joe Thomas than the general public, now I'm somehow overthinking things in this one particular case but not in the case of every other evaluation I'm making. This is far from an exact science. This is a little like the equities market. The only way to be wrong for absolute certain is to just go with the flow of what everyone else thinks.

branden albert ck? thoughts?

Simon knows Branden Albert better than I do but we're both very high on him. He's a monster at LG and he might even be a LT in the pros. He's got all kinds of ability.

Neither of us expect him to be available at #32.

Back
Top Bottom