If neither QB look promising......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If neither QB look promising.........

we missed our shot at a franchise QB this year. 3 legitimate top picks any year in this years draft alone. Should have traded up....RIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Went way too high, but he's the man. Maybe after SD screws up coaching him, he'll be available, and we can snag him in a few seasons.

People don't realize or think we need a steady franchise guy like a Rivers but this franchise has been built around one.If we keep investing in poster children we'll be seeing Taylor and Thomas retiring w/o a ring with guys like Fiedler still at QB.Other teams in this league are doing the right thing if you look at them and were getting left in the dust.Jacksonville got Leftwich to replace Brunell cause he wasn't their answer and they realized it.Even Tampa Bay have their exclaimed development in Simms as well as San Fran in Dorsey.Sage is no development and this franchise has a new rep to live off of vet wash ups.Im not trying to be negative but we need to start getting some real talent at skill positions and stop relying on Dartmouth QB's or Oregon backups.I say this here and now neither AJ or Jay will be our future now or later.

Sorry for the negativity

Leinart is an interesting one.

He has very little physical tools, but the Brady comparison is a good one.

In light of Brady's successes...do the NFL scouts pass up the habit of a lifetime and pick a winner over the physical talent?

finregime said:
Do we draft Matt Leinart assuming he comes out early on a great season,draft David Greene which as some can see I want as QB,Jason White from OU which has no mobility due to multiple knee injuries, or do you guys have any other suggestions.If you feel we'll go vet instead of drafting a rookie then tell me.I know this is very premature and we all hope somebody steps up at the QB position but the is merely for discussions sake.Who would you guys like to see us get in the 1st round and why? If this thread sucks then let me know as well. :cooldude:

It's entirely too early to make this kind of judgement call, but in reality I'd rather wing it a couple years with vets running the show until Marcus Vick or CJ Leak go pro and hope we can land one of the two. This, of course, is assuming Feely's gonna flop, which I'm not going to do..

agreed, feeley gets his shot and then some. I just REALLY hope he's the answer. If not *sigh*. A "vet" will cost WAY too much, for a good one at least. A suspect one like Warner or Collins will cost a boatload, a good one that way over the hill like Brunelle costs WAY more. Long shots haven't been working out for us, and we still don't draft a friggin rookie. Rivers would have been great, but Roth was actuall plausible. Oh well...i just don't want to see us "settle" on a QB...ever. It's the most important position on the field no matter what anyone says. They make the reads, and the O lives and dies by their compitence. I'm not saying their the end all of the team, but their certainly the most important position. Let's hope feeley steps up. I have high hopes for this kid.

What ever happened to Matt Mauck from LSU? Didn't he graduate this year? I haven't hear anything about him.

Ok, IMO Jason White won't play a down in the NFL. Don't let one Heisman season (won by his team and not him) camouflage the fact that he couldn't get away from a pass rush by a jr.high d-line. This guy is not an NFL QB. And remind me to slap whoever brought up Major Applewhite....:shakeno:

PlowHorse34 said:
What ever happened to Matt Mauck from LSU? Didn't he graduate this year? I haven't hear anything about him.
He left school early and was drafted by Denver in RD 7

Back
Top Bottom