If popularity was a deciding factor, Jarvis Landry would already have a new contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If popularity was a deciding factor, Jarvis Landry would already have a new contract

I was surprised looking at Landry's stats that he's only
produced 7-100 yard games out of 64 games played

and close to 40% of his games played(24) he had 50 or fewer yards receiving

and his production in 4th qtr comebacks and game winning drives
he had 5 games with zero receptions and 2 games with 4 yards receiving
It seems like when you need players to step up in those important times
Landry is not your man.

Love his passion but I'm not sure this offense will ever be successful
force feeding him

We are forced to let him test the market. Now, we have to wait and see who will pay how much for Jarvis Landry. We will pay him fair market value, I'm convinced of that, but, we won't get into crazy numbers. This will play out similar to O.V., the Giant's paid big money and we moved on. We will likely lose Landry to a team that gives him an obscene contract, we won't match imo.

There little use in saying this but Landry should have been signed to a great contract for both sides a year or two ago. He has outplayed his contract and we all know it and I think the team should get him in a room and get him done but now Landry's agent smells huge money and he's not wrong. I hate drafting a guy, groom him in your system, he becomes a big part of the team and then he's gone. It's too hard to hit on draft picks to keep losing them because of a mismanaged Front Office. This is a microcosm of why this team is below average and NOT really ascending.

Is this franchise and this puny, pathetic offense prepared to lose their most explosive player?

Landry's a good player but "explosive"? Are you talking about those "explosive" 8 yard gains? The only thing explosive about him is his temper

Ozzy rules!!

Danny, I said their most explosive player and he is unless you like Drake better. I also don't want to lose Landry for low value like we did with Ajayi. If we trade him to move up in the first to get an awesome QB like Baker Mayfiels or Josh Allen I'll get over losing a player I enjoy watching, mostly.

Neither side is going to change the opinion of one person on the other side. These threads may be good for emotional release, but nothing else. Just like the Tannehill threads

Not exactly the same. With Landry there's a much more realistic opportunity to receive a return on departure.

If you want to throw the ball downfield, you better learn how to pass protect. Landry has basically been used as an extension of the running game. 5 yard throws that turn into 9 or 10 yard gains and lots of first downs. Add in the WR screens with ZERO blocking and of course it is going to drag down his yards per catch average. Cutler threw 8 of his 19 TD's outside the pocket last year. 19 TD's and 9 of them to Landry.

JL had 12 yards per catch with Tannehill. Less than 9 with Cutler. Kenny Stills dropped from 17.3 to 14.6 going from RT to JC. Parker had a whopping 11.8 ypc last year.

If you want to throw the ball downfield, you better learn how to pass protect. Landry has basically been used as an extension of the running game. 5 yard throws that turn into 9 or 10 yard gains and lots of first downs. Add in the WR screens with ZERO blocking and of course it is going to drag down his yards per catch average. Cutler threw 8 of his 19 TD's outside the pocket last year. 19 TD's and 9 of them to Landry.

JL had 12 yards per catch with Tannehill. Less than 9 with Cutler. Kenny Stills dropped from 17.3 to 14.6 going from RT to JC. Parker had a whopping 11.8 ypc last year.
Landry has 10.5938 yds/catch with Tannehill

How come when it comes to Landry people use his career y/c of 10.2 or his 2017 of 8.8 and not the 12.1 he had with a superior QB? But when discussing our QB people bring up 2016 as the standard and forget about all the other years he played.

Like bringing up how he improved his y/a to 7.7 in 2016 instead of bringing up his career y/a of 7.0, or bringing up how he had that good 8 game stretch but not how he had a rough beginning. Or using the 8 games stretch as proof of upward trend of improvement but Landry's improvement to 12.1 in 2016 is apparently an aberration.

Why aren't both seen as 2 players getting better and progressing with experience and had good years in 2016 when they had the right pieces around them. And without the right pieces we get Landry with 8.8 y/c and Tannehill with 6.7 y/a.

How come when it comes to Landry people use his career y/c of 10.2 or his 2017 of 8.8 and not the 12.1 he had with a superior QB? But when discussing our QB people bring up 2016 as the standard and forget about all the other years he played.

Like bringing up how he improved his y/a to 7.7 in 2016 instead of bringing up his career y/a of 7.0, or bringing up how he had that good 8 game stretch but not how he had a rough beginning. Or using the 8 games stretch as proof of upward trend of improvement but Landry's improvement to 12.1 in 2016 is apparently an aberration.

Why aren't both seen as 2 players getting better and progressing with experience and had good years in 2016 when they had the right pieces around them. And without the right pieces we get Landry with 8.8 y/c and Tannehill with 6.7 y/a.
I missed the news that Tannehill was holding out for top 5 QB money...

I missed the news that Tannehill was holding out for top 5 QB money...

I'm not talking about contracts or what he's worth just observing how people talk about these 2 players.

Even so if we make the playoffs next year and Tannehill posted his usual 24-27 td 12int 7.0 y/a and was due for a new contract and wanted top 5 money I doubt many here would be as critical of him as they are of Landry. Some believe him to be a top 10 QB so giving him top 5 money wouldn't be crazy to that crowd.

But like I said just observing how people talk about these 2 players.

Back
Top Bottom