If Ricky plays like Ricky of 2002, what is the MOST we could get for him in a trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ricky plays like Ricky of 2002, what is the MOST we could get for him in a trade?

The best we could get for such an unstable person is a 4th or 5th.

Travis Henry only cost the Titans a 3rd and Shaun Alexander can be had for a 2nd. Pricky is not as good as Alexander and is far less dependable then either of them.

The best we can hope for is a performance based pick and that RW blows up for a season again before quitting.

Till the day he retires he is always going to be one failed drug test away from a 1-year suspension. Miami will NEVER get higher than a 5th round pick for him.

Considering Ricky's age, contract demands and his attitude. Even if he broke the single season rushing record. 4th-5th rounder.

1. If RW plays like he did in 2002, why the heck would you deal him?
2. Even if he does repeat 2002, the questions about his committment arent going away. Not with another 1800 yard season, probably not ever. No one trusts him in other front offices which means he will always have more value to us then to other teams. And to be honest I hope we're stuck with him because Id rather be stuck with him then undervalue him.

poppy said:
Speaking of the Ricky of 2002, It just continues to amaze me that we didn't make the playoffs with the 10th greatest season by a running back in the history of the NFL. Absolutely frikkin amazing. :fire: :yell: :fire:
I hear ya...and at that time it was actually the 8TH greatest season. Jamal Lewis didn't do his thing until the yer after.

And I believe it is the 9th best right now. Year after was Jamal Lewis's 2000+ yard season, and last year I don't believe anyone beat 1800 yards.

Why deal him? We would have 2 solid rb's on the team. Compareing Ricky in his 02' season, to Henry or Alexander I dont think is equal. I personally dont think anybody there could hold Rickys jock strap when on the field. If he does show up this year and sets records on fire, and if we have to trade him for whatever reason, I wouldnt want anything less than a first and a to be determined pick the following year based on performance. Would you want to gameplan for Ricky Williams before he even hits his prime??

why would saban trade ricky if he ran like he did in 02? He was the best HB in the league then. Unless Ronnie Brown prooves he can carry the load i wouldnt trade ricky.

SkapePhin said:
Considering he probably wont play more than 3 years..

A 2nd round pick?
Nothing. If teams dont want Alexander, the leagues #2 Rusher, or Edge, who was like the #4 rusher, why would they want Ricky?

Teams DO NOT like signing RBs after their rookie contracts. Most RBs are 1st or 2nd round picks and reach FA status around 28 years old. Most teams dont want to pay them the big 6-8 year deal because RBs become used cars once they hit 30. They take the most abuse of any player on the field and are the most easily replaceable. Besides Portis, Curtis Martin, and Tomlinson.... I cant think of another single RB in the NFL who hit a big second contract.

If Edge or Alexander cant find any teams, why the heck would Ricky?

I highly doubt coming off a 1 and a half year absence from Football, Ricky will play remotely close to what he did in 2002 or even 2003. But if he does, then i'd like to take whatever we can get for him. I just dont like the idea of having him on the team, and i think i'd rather just stick to Ronnie Brown our true franchise player from now on.

Philter25 said:
Nothing. If teams dont want Alexander, the leagues #2 Rusher, or Edge, who was like the #4 rusher, why would they want Ricky?

Teams DO NOT like signing RBs after their rookie contracts. Most RBs are 1st or 2nd round picks and reach FA status around 28 years old. Most teams dont want to pay them the big 6-8 year deal because RBs become used cars once they hit 30. They take the most abuse of any player on the field and are the most easily replaceable. Besides Portis, Curtis Martin, and Tomlinson.... I cant think of another single RB in the NFL who hit a big second contract.

If Edge or Alexander cant find any teams, why the heck would Ricky?

It's that simple!! Because Ricky will never ask for the amount that Edge, or Alexander are asking! He is also notorious for signing stupid contracts. Teams can get him for under 5 million a year.

Back
Top Bottom