If the Patriots match or beat our undefeated streak.....Is it the same? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Patriots match or beat our undefeated streak.....Is it the same?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Lets say the Patriots match or beat our beloved '72 Dolphins and their undefeated season. Should it be considered an accomplishment to the same degree of the Dolphins'?

Personally, the Dolphins did it in one season, not over the span of two so I think the Dolphins undefeated season is of more significance. But, if the Patriots were to go let's say 9-0 or something crazy like that this year, then that deserves some credence.

A winning streak over 2 seasons would not be as impressive as what the Dolphins did in my opinion. Its weird to me that the NFL would recognize it as one streak.

enigmatics said:
Lets say the Patriots match or beat our beloved '72 Dolphins and their undefeated season. Should it be considered an accomplishment to the same degree of the Dolphins'?

Personally, the Dolphins did it in one season, not over the span of two so I think the Dolphins undefeated season is of more significance. But, if the Patriots were to go let's say 9-0 or something crazy like that this year, then that deserves some credence.

Well no. It is not an undefeated season. But the streak they can break is wins in a row. That will be a different record. Most wins in a row by a franchise. The two are different records.

They have new players this year, I.E. Corey Dillon. It isn't the same as the 1972 Dolphins. Whoever says it is should be whipped

It's definitely not as impressive as one undefeated season, but they would have the record for consecutive games won, which would be impressive.

Driven said:
Well no. It is not an undefeated season. But the streak they can break is wins in a row. That will be a different record. Most wins in a row by a franchise. The two are different records.
I'll give the Pats this, if there's any team now with a shot at doing it, it's the Pats. But honestly with the parity in the NFL, the only undefeated season may never be duplicated.

darkoak said:
I'll give the Pats this, if there's any team now with a shot at doing it, it's the Pats. But honestly with the parity in the NFL, the only undefeated season may never be duplicated.

First of all, it's not the same thing when done over two seasons.

An undefeated season is a remarkable accomplishment and I agree, it may never be seen again due to the competitiveness of the league.

The '85 Bears had the best shot and they went ahead and blew it against some weak team on a Monday night game. ;)

If the Patriots break the Dolphins record for most games won in a row, it won't be as big as having an undefeated season. The Patriots streak will have spanned two seasons and that isn't as impressive as winning all of your games in one season. However, it would still be very impressive.

im confused, are people comparing them to the '72 dolphins right now or something? or are you just playing "what if?"

explain por favor

So the NFL doesn't include playoff games I believe. So what is the current record? Its currently 15, correct? The Pats current streak is 12.

The Pats start out at home against Indy and then have the Cardinals and Bills. That means if its currently 15, guess who the Pats play to potentially get the record. Hint: Mascot is a mammal :)

FlyingElvis said:
So the NFL doesn't include playoff games I believe. So what is the current record? Its currently 15, correct? The Pats current streak is 12.

The Pats start out at home against Indy and then have the Cardinals and Bills. That means if its currently 15, guess who the Pats play to potentially get the record. Hint: Mascot is a mammal :)

The Vikings :D

Back
Top Bottom