If the Patriots match or beat our undefeated streak.....Is it the same? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Patriots match or beat our undefeated streak.....Is it the same?

CirclingWagons said:
It's definitely not as impressive as one undefeated season, but they would have the record for consecutive games won, which would be impressive.

It would be impressive if the Bills win more than 8 games this year and finish AHEAD of someone in the division...... :(

IMO not nearly as impressive or relevant as one team - which is defined by a single season - winning all their games from start to finish in any league at any level.

dcm said:
It would be impressive if the Bills win more than 8 games this year and finish AHEAD of someone in the division...... :(
we finished ahead of the Jets last year...if you're going to attempt smack, atleast get your **** straight, newbie :goof:

FinSinceBirth said:
yea so what, they get the longest streak(impressive) but definitely no perfect season.

I'm pretty sure Da'Bears own the record for consecutive wins. NE can go ahead and break it.

Most consecutive season's with wins would be the record, not undefeated single season.

non the less if the pats were to beat our win streak it would be a great acomplishment and there name would be #1 on that record.
however it certainly doesnt match the achevement of an undefeated season:shakeno:
maybe this year

CirclingWagons said:
we finished ahead of the Jets last year...if you're going to attempt smack, atleast get your **** straight, newbie :goof:

With so many posts to your credit....one would think that you could actually comprehend what you are reading before "smacking" back at a "newbie".....

Just where in my post does it say you didn't finish ahead of the Jets? I said if you were to win 8 and finish ahead of someone this year....meaning THIS YEAR! :shakeno: hello?

btw....having a 6-10 record (just like the JETS did) and by finishing ahead of them because you went 2-4 in the div as opposed to 1-5....pretty impressive :roflmao:

These records are two completely different records, It is too hard now a days to go a whole season without having one bad game, so to go a whole season without a loss seems much harder then say going 8-0 to end the season and winning the first 8 of the next season. While that would be impressive in itself I could see that happening before and undefeated season.

I don't see how you can take one season and the beginning of a next to get a record anyhow because it is not the same team player wise.

It cannot be compared.The game is quite different today from that unbeaten season.More teams .Longer season.Cap restrictions etc.Actually its more difficult to repeat that feat today.Both records would have their own merits and should stand alone in different categories.

The records cannot be compared.The game has changed since that unbeaten year.Longer season.more teams,parity.Actually its harder to go unbeaten in todays game.However they would both should be considered records in different categories if it should occur.

PatsFanTX said:
First of all, it's not the same thing when done over two seasons.

An undefeated season is a remarkable accomplishment and I agree, it may never be seen again due to the competitiveness of the league.

The '85 Bears had the best shot and they went ahead and blew it against some weak team on a Monday night game. ;)

That "some weak team on a monday night game" was the <B>Miami Dolphins</B>, Marino wiped there *** into shape!

Back
Top Bottom