If the Raiders Beat the Dolphins Convincingly... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Raiders Beat the Dolphins Convincingly...

Yeah I’m looking for the quality of the team’s effort. They’re coming off a stomping and 10 days of rest.

A piss poor showing will definitely signal a problem.

What does convincingly mean? The team could win by 3 points or lose by 1 and everyone around here would still have an aneurysm.

From my perspective it would be another loss in which the offense doesn't even look NFL caliber, like last week and in the Saints game. Not necessarily a shutout, but looking inept and unable to move the ball and sustain drives.

And that would be particularly disturbing in this game for the following reasons:

1) What I mentioned in the original post in terms of team dynamics, i.e., the Ajayi trade.
2) Presumably wanting to atone for last week's embarrassment.
3) Playing as a home underdog at night on national TV, where another embarrassment would be extremely embarrassing.
4) The fact that the Raiders have one of the worst defenses in the league.

If you combine all those factors and witness yet another inept offensive performance, again to me that'll signal tremendous dysfunction between Gase and the players.

In essence this should be a game where the team wants to show itself to be something other than garbage, and if they look like garbage again, it'll mean there are massive systemic problems.

From my perspective it would be another loss in which the offense doesn't even look NFL caliber, like last week and in the Saints game. Not necessarily a shutout, but looking inept and unable to move the ball and sustain drives.
My point was is regardless of the outcome people aroind here are still going to find a way to complain. Even if they blow out the Raiders.

Reactions: <O>
My point was is regardless of the outcome people aroind here are still going to find a way to complain. Even if they blow out the Raiders.

Right, but that's meaningless to me. What has meaning to me is whether there is significant conflict between Gase and the players.

We ain’t clicking. But we should be.

As stated above, why is a jettison required to stick boots in asses two years in a row?

This team is better than what they’ve shown. I don’t think they are trying that hard for whatever reason.

I would not be surprised to see the Oline click, Drake stacks 80+, Cutler gets 250 and 2 TDs (one to Parker), and we go home 31-10.

Nor would I be surprised if we get blown out 38-3. O still sucks, and Crabtree and Cooper instruct X and Tank on the intricacies of modern coverage. Meanwhile, Lynch cranks out 120+.

Sigh. When you’re a Dolphins fan, the only thing that is certain is that you drink too much on game day.

Reactions: <O>
We ain’t clicking. But we should be.

As stated above, why is a jettison required to stick boots in asses two years in a row?

This team is better than what they’ve shown. I don’t think they are trying that hard for whatever reason.

I would not be surprised to see the Oline click, Drake stacks 80+, Cutler gets 250 and 2 TDs (one to Parker), and we go home 31-10.

Nor would I be surprised if we get blown out 38-3. O still sucks, and Crabtree and Cooper instruct X and Tank on the intricacies of modern coverage. Meanwhile, Lynch cranks out 120+.

Sigh. When you’re a Dolphins fan, the only thing that is certain is that you drink too much on game day.

This would normally be the kind of game I'd bet on. Home underdog coming off an embarrassing national TV loss on the road, playing again on national TV.

But with this team you just can't have that kind of faith. They just don't function like a normal NFL team.

Which is why I said we ain’t clicking.

Sadly, I doubt we will. I’ve been following this team hardcore for 41 years.

And there is no comparison of what they are with what they were.

We’ve been “fixing” this team for 10 ****ING YEARS!!!! AND IT ISNT FIXED!!!

This is beyond players and coaches. We’ve had a bunch.

It will mean that the Raiders beat the Dolphins. Period.

It will mean that the Raiders beat the Dolphins. Period.

If the Dolphins win 41-0, will it also mean only that the Dolphins beat the Raiders? Will there be no additional meaning to make of that?

If the Dolphins win 41-0, will it also mean only that the Dolphins beat the Raiders? Will there be no additional meaning to make of that?
Correct. Is this your first NFL season?

True, Gase has had little tolerance for players who defy his expectations. That's a good insightful comment. I think Gase needs to rethink calling offensive plays because we are leaving a lot on the table. Namely the entire first half of games. I think they will win this game. If they don't and get blown out, it will mean this is a pretty bad team that gives no effort. I understand losing on a short week to a team that has had your number, but losing at home to a team that has traveled across the country with a bad D against our better D, I think this should be a game we win.

Odds are we win......west coast teams having to travel east and play normally wind up being "off" a bit and don't play well. We'll win.....a lot will say "see....it's not so bad!" until we sh*t the bed again next week or/and the week after and then it's down in the dumps all over......ahh.....the circle of life for us Dolphin fans.

Back
Top Bottom