If We Get Brees... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If We Get Brees...

HoPPy785

Scout Team
Reaction score
Will he stay healthy to become a franchise guy or will this injury stick around??? San Diego seem to think it will stick...

There is some risk, but the general feeling is that he will make a full recovery. There isn't a player in the NFL that doesn't have risks involved. The reward potential is too good to pass up. It's been a long time since we've had a quality signal caller.

He's a franchise guy. I'm actually pretty excited about him maybe coming here. Hopefully he recovers 100%, but time will tell on that.

HoPPy785 said:
Will he stay healthy to become a franchise guy or will this injury stick around??? San Diego seem to think it will stick...

Man, you guys start a lot of new threads.... :D

I REALLY don't think that in SD, this is about the injury, as much as it is that they already have Phillip Rivers locked up for 4 more and at $40M dollars. AJ Smith drafted Rivers to replace Brees - two years ago, but Brees wouldn't let him on the field. Smith has to eventually play his boy - and this gives him the excuse to move forward. They still think a lot of Rivers, and SD has a good young nucleus tied up and a lot of cap space. They want to maintain that core and stay cap solvent as they continue to build a stable program forthe next decade. With Big Ben and Eli evolving in good systems, I think that Smith has decided that the time is right to move forward with Rivers. There wre a LOT that believed that Smith was going to tag Brees and move him BEFORE the injury even happened. Rivers was suppose to the most NFL ready among those 3 when they were drafted.

SD is looking to get a new stadium in 2008 that will require a vote from the city. They are better off pursuing Rivers learning curve now before that time approaches.

I'm not saying that people should ignore the injury, but there is a lot more to this situation...

I agree. Of course the injury is always an issue and concern, but, I think this is more a financial decision for San Diego than it is an injury issue, it's just the Injury gives them a great cover.. You can NEVER predict how someone will recover from an injury, so that's going to be something that is watched... here's to keeping our fingers crossed that it's a full recovery and he's in Davie this summer..

i also believe that if we tie up DBrees early, the odds of ty law coming here are alot greater. hes the one that said all we need is an upgrade at qb and we are a serious contender, that being said he could possibly accept less to come here. he knows we will not pay him 10 mil a year.

he will be fine, the injury is no big deal. he will be ready ahead of schedule

Brees will do just enough for you to make you mad as heck.
He does not thrive under the blitz. Say goodbye as well, to any long passes down the field to Chambers.

WARHORSE said:
He does not thrive under the blitz. Say goodbye as well, to any long passes down the field to Chambers.

And he will still whoop the Donkeys.. Wont that be nice? :D

WARHORSE said:
this coming from a fan of the donkeys

WARHORSE said:

We shall see, but Brees would just be a part to what it is Miami wants to do.

Back
Top Bottom