If we had the 14th pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we had the 14th pick?

If we got the 14th pick from the Bears who should we draft?

• Tommie Harris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philip Rivers

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Reggie Williams

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Vince Wilfork

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • DeAngelo Hall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
I say trade down, unless by some miracle Gallery is there. I like Rivers or Big Ben, but a little pricey, considering we already gave up a 2nd rounder for AJ. We can get a good OL, good WR, Safety, or DT if we trade down.

Rivers. If he's not there, Andrews. If he's not there, trade both picks down to the end of the round and pick up Grove and Evans plus the extra picks.

I'm all for a trade up, but I doubt it'd happen. But I'd DEFFINETLY trade up if we had a shot at Gallery. If he's gone we at least have Ben, possibly Eli, and have the option of trading down a few spots and snagging Rivers or Ben a little lower.

Ben if he's there. Probably trade down some and still get Wilfork or Rivers and then a guard in the 2nd and a WR at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
Ben if he's there. Probably trade down some and still get Wilfork or Rivers and then a guard in the 2nd and a WR at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

i'm starting to wonder if there will be a QB slide. Apprently Rivers had a great workout, so good they said he was "pushing Eli for the #1 QB spot". Then just yesterday Ben had a phenominal workout hitting 60 yard passes in the TD.

Amazing draft this year, it'll be fun regardless...well, unless we take another LB. Great potential all around...

all 3 top QB's are very good potential franchise QB's

WR's in our range are phnominal talents

OL no very deep, but there are some nasty players there. I like drafting hogs and see how they pan out

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

http://footballcorner.bizland.com/DraftValueChart.jpg

14+20 = 1950 points
4th pick = 1800 + 100 (4th rounder)= 1900

seems about right considering wed have to give up a little more for a team to drop back to the middle and guarantee ourselves at what would hopefully be a blue chipper at either OT/QB

I'd strongly consider it if it meant robert gallery.

That only makes sense for the Giants if there are no players there at #4 that they LOVE. If they are dead set on Gallery(or whoever) it will take a lot MORE than an even deal to get them to trade out of the #4 spot.

Sure it is a "fair" deal, but fair goes out the window when you are talking about a player you LOVE and has SUPER BLUE CHIP written all over his body.

Then again, if they don't love anybody and are looking to deal out, then it is a very fair trade that has a chance, however slight it may be, of getting done.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29

That only makes sense for the Giants if there are no players there at #4 that they LOVE. If they are dead set on Gallery(or whoever) it will take a lot MORE than an even deal to get them to trade out of the #4 spot.

Sure it is a "fair" deal, but fair goes out the window when you are talking about a player you LOVE and has SUPER BLUE CHIP written all over his body.

Then again, if they don't love anybody and are looking to deal out, then it is a very fair trade that has a chance, however slight it may be, of getting done.

I was under the impression that the Giants were in love with Gallery...

however, there are other options. Or we can sit on it, anyway you spin it, if we have 2 picks, it'll be a fun year :)

Trade down. Try to pick up a late first early second. Get Evans with the early pick and either Carey or Grove with the other pick.

Originally posted by nick19991

If we gave away two first round picks to get a top 5 pick then we should also get either a 2nd or a 3rd other wise we are getting ripped off

my post about moving up for gallery to the 4th pick was in response to this post saying wed be getting ripped off if we didnt get more than that in return....

clearly, the giants would not move out of that pick since they are looking at gallery/roth/manning... they will either hold pat or move up i imagine.
I was just refuting the argument since everyone posts about what fair/unfair deals are but no one ever seems to look at the value chart that EVERY GM uses.

Back
Top Bottom