If we only would of drafted QB Matt Ryan, instead of Jake Long! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we only would of drafted QB Matt Ryan, instead of Jake Long!

I wish our administrators would actually mod this board weeding out these trolls instead of making political analogies in similar troll threads.

Yep. Same coaching that Chad Pennington finished 2nd in the MVP voting with just 2 seasons ago. All coaching. All of it.

Hennings system is all at fault. Same system that Pennington took to the playoffs several times in NY with a rag tag group of receivers and a strong running game. All coaching. Thats the whole problem. Not Sparano though. Just Henning.
Yep. The schedule had nothing to do with that season.

And yep. That same system with that same Chad Pennington won so many games last season.

It's not all coaching but c'mon now it's part of the blame. I don't buy this Henning didn't all of a sudden lose his genuis in one season bull either. Look at how crazy Madden or Holtz or Paterno have become. That's what age did to these coaches. They just don't have the same knowledge of the game or at the very least approach it in a very unconventional style. Not sure Henning was even a genuis in the first place. Isn't his average scoring offense around 18th?

Henne's strengths are Pennington's weaknesses (arm strength is all I can think of) and vice versa, yet Henning's offensive scheme is for Pennington not Henne. Also Jake Long is ok? To quote Dr. Dre "Get outta here, you crazy."

Yep. The schedule had nothing to do with that season.

And yep. That same system with that same Chad Pennington won so many games last season.

It's not all coaching but c'mon now it's part of the blame. I don't buy this Henning didn't all of a sudden lose his genuis in one season bull either. Look at how crazy Madden or Holtz or Paterno have become. That's what age did to these coaches. They just don't have the same knowledge of the game or at the very least approach it in a very unconventional style. Not sure Henning was even a genuis in the first place. Isn't his average scoring offense around 18th?

Im no Henning fan. I could take him or leave him. If they want to fire him at seasons end......great. Just be sure and send Sparano and Henne packing with him. Those 2 are much bigger problems than Henning has ever dared to be.

Problem is that while Pennington did reach the postseason a few times (including in 2008 with the Dolphins) there were quickly bounced out of the playoffs each of those times. I'm no Henning basher, but I do believe that a more progressive offensive scheme would help.

That said, Henning has nothing do with our defensive and special teams deficiencies, and Henne has not yet played the kind of football that would make one believe he'd truly excel in a more wide open offense.

Dude, at this point just admit Henne blows. Really, is there any point to denying it anymore?

Im no Henning fan. I could take him or leave him. If they want to fire him at seasons end......great. Just be sure and send Sparano and Henne packing with him. Those 2 are much bigger problems than Henning has ever dared to be.
You've been defending him the entire year?

A quarterback similar to Henne in just about everyway just whipped our ***. Just sayin'.

Dude, at this point just admit Henne blows. Really, is there any point to denying it anymore?

I knew that your handful of measured, balanced, objective posts regarding Henne were just an aberration.

One bad outing and you're back to your good old knee jerking self.

Good to have things go back to normal. I was getting worried that Hell might freeze over.

Jake Long is OK, but I think we would have a better team, if we drafted Matt Ryan. We could of got a good tackle, later in the rounds, in that draft. A good quarterback, you should never pass up on. They come around once every 10 years. Now Miami is haunted and they will be for a while. I cringe when I think about it. It hurts.

wow, this thread sucks.. sooo, who would you have protecting his blindside? Damien Mcintosh...

I knew that your handful of measured, balanced, objective posts regarding Henne were just an aberration.

One bad outing and you're back to your good old knee jerking self.

Good to have things go back to normal. I was getting worried that Hell might freeze over.

Ya know, I didnt want to drink your kool-aid, but I took a sip just to be friendly and all.

We can still be friendly, but no more sips of kool aid for me. Ive seen enough of Henne. He ****ing blows. Its enough already. I cant take anymore.

Ya know, I didnt want to drink your kool-aid, but I took a sip just to be friendly and all.

We can still be friendly, but no more sips of kool aid for me. Ive seen enough of Henne. He ****ing blows. Its enough already. I cant take anymore.

Yes, for all of our sakes, stop drinking that West Virginia Kool Aid.

What do you spike that stuff with anyway?

P.S. A QB can't go from "middle of the road NFL starter" to sucks in one start. That's the epitome of knee jerk.

Yes, for all of our sakes, stop drinking that West Virginia Kool Aid.

What do you spike that stuff with anyway?

P.S. A QB can't go from "middle of the road NFL starter" to sucks in one start. That's the epitome of knee jerk.

Thats because he never was middle of the road. I was just sipping your kool aid, trying to see things from other peoples perspectives. I have to stop that. I should know to stick to what I believe. Chad Henne ****ing blows. Ive known that for a while now. You guys take your time figuring that out though.

As a Jets fan, I'm glad that you have Long and not Ryan. A good QB is a lot more valuable to a team than a great LT. Ryan is a notch below a pro-bowl caliber QB, and he's just in his 3rd season. It's the same reason why the Jets FO extended Ferguson before Mangold. Mangold is a better player, but a very good LT is more valuable than an elite Center. Long is a better player, Ryan would have done a lot more for your team.

Yep. Same coaching that Chad Pennington finished 2nd in the MVP voting with just 2 seasons ago. All coaching. All of it.

Hennings system is all at fault. Same system that Pennington took to the playoffs several times in NY with a rag tag group of receivers and a strong running game. All coaching. Thats the whole problem. Not Sparano though. Just Henning.

You do understand that the Chad Pennington of 2008 is what we are SEEING from Chad Henne right now and THAT is why this team is failing? Coupled with virtually no running game, horrific conservative play calling, and a schedule significantly tougher than what CP played that year.

Cauby;1063661814[B said:
]Jake Long is OK[/B], but I think we would have a better team, if we drafted Matt Ryan. We could of got a good tackle, later in the rounds, in that draft. A good quarterback, you should never pass up on. They come around once every 10 years. Now Miami is haunted and they will be for a while. I cringe when I think about it. It hurts.
After i read the first four words, i stopped reading.

Back
Top Bottom