If you could pick any 3 rookies this year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you could pick any 3 rookies this year...

jzolnowski said:
You would be crazy not to take at LEAST 2 lineman. Definitely Gallery and I would go with Vernon Carey based on the fact that he has played guard and we would have Gallery at left and Wade Smith at right(converted from left) but I would consider taking Shawn Andrews also. If not definitley a qb. I would have a tough time deciding between Ben Rolesburger and Phillip Rivers but I think I would take Rivers. Eli has a horrible attitude that the fins don't need around. On top of which one of my friends goes to the same Country Club as Micheal Strahan and lets just say Strahan does not have much nice to say about Eli including and I qoute "everything the kid throwns is in the dirt"
Wade Smith would be a below average RT, so tht wouldnt work out. LT to RT is a bigger switch then most people think. RT takes a lot more size and strength, and not so much quickness. That works against Smiths advantages.RT is also very important in our running game, and Wade Smith looks to me like hell b a better pass blocker unless things change this year.

I would pick for you guys (assuming the roster stays as is/you already have Carey)... Gallery, Fitzgerald, and Taylor.... like the first poster said.

For the Bills I would like (in order):
Gallery, Taylor, and Udeze

Even though we have a great defense, those 2 would make it an amazing one and could potentially make it the best in the NFL and one of the best ever if everyone lived up to their potential. The weapons we have on offense are fine, Gallery would solidify the line. Jennings would probaby shift to the right a slot and would be an All-Pro guard- no question. Defense wins championships.

With out a doubt you take Gallery and Taylor. Every NFL scout has these 2 guys as their sure fire draft picks. They would start on on pretty much anyteam in the NFL this season. As for the 3rd it would be a toss up. I have always liked Eli since he played West Virginia in the bowl game his RS Freshman year, and we deffinitly need a QB. On the other hand if we keep Carey or get Andrews Feely or Feidler could probably lead this team to a SB this year.

Phinz4Life said:
Um, I am? Minor has proven himself to be adequate enough as the 2nd RB on our roster. I believe he could have a shot to start on other teams less runningback fortunate than we are.

Yeah exactly my thoughts. We have great depth at RB. Minor could start for atleast 1/3 of the current NFL teams.

Eli Manning - going to be a superstar, bank on it
Robert Gallery - best OT prospect since Pace
Larry Fitzgerald - IMHO, best player in the draft. I would have picked him #1 overall.

Prime Time said:

3. Larry Fitzgerald - - - Immediate Starter

Starter over two established vets?

I'd say Rothelesbererger. Still can't spell his name but did anyone see him play? Best in the draft.
Gallery, 'nuff said.
Sean Taylor. Too good to pass up.

LIQUID24 said:
Robert Gallery
Sean Taylor
Roy Williams or Kellen Winslow

Robert Gallery
Jake Grove
Sean Taylor

(These three would make an immediate impact on our squad)

It all starts with the o-line. As long as we can give Feeley or Fiedler time, there isn't a team out there that has a secondary good enough to defend Boston and Chambers for an extended period of time. Plus we have to do a better job of blowing holes open for Ricky this year.

Robert Gallery becomes our left tackle, slide Wade Smith over to right tackle. Put Jake Grove as our right guard, we still have Jeno James as our left guard. Let St. Clair battle Seth McKinney for the center position since St. Clair was a first team all-american at the center position in college.

LT-Robert Gallery
LG-Jeno James
C-Seth McKinney or James St. Clair
RG-Jake Grove
RT-Wade Smith

If we didn't get David Boston, then I would pick up Roy Williams instead of Jake Grove, but I would put an emphasis on our o-line because I believe we can win with Chambers and Boston as our 1 and 2 and Sean Taylor is just too damn good to pass up.

Robert Gallery
Sean Taylor
Eli Manning

This would give us two starters right away and a stud QB for the future.

Prime Time said:

1. Sean Taylor - - - Immediate Starter
2. Robert Gallery - - - Immediate Starter
3. Larry Fitzgerald - - - Immediate Starter

I we are talking 2004, I am with you, it we get to keep em I w/sub Manning for Fitzgerald

I would pick Sean Taylor, Robert Gallery, and Vince Wilfork. Sean, and Robert can be full time starters this year.

Vince can be part time starter this year and full time next year when Bowens retires or gets cut.

Philip Rivers - Watch this guy! Will be better than Elisha Manning.
Gallery - Will be a stud for the next 10 years
S. Taylor - Wow!

Back
Top Bottom