If you were Denver.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you were Denver..

DUB

Finheaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Would you take..

A. Deangelo Williams at #15 and give a 2nd to Green Bay for Javon Walker.

or

B Take Chad Jackson at #15 and give our beloved Phins a second for Ricky.

One of these scenario is very likely to happen.

I am torn on whether or not to deal Ricky and Will be happy if he stays or we get a 2nd. However, if I'm Denver I go with A. Your thoughts.......

I think I'd take a LB in that spot and try to get Javon for a second. On the other hand, If I was green bay, I wouldn't give up javon for any less than a 2nd with a first rd escalator when he blew up in Denver, which we would no doubt do.

No way we trade Ricky to Denver. Why on earth would we want to make the Broncos better?? We'll likely be playing them in the playoffs as well. No way I'd trade Ricky to Shanahan. That would be dumb of Saban in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
No way we trade Ricky to Denver. Why on earth would we want to make the Broncos better?? We'll likely be playing them in the playoffs as well. No way I'd trade Ricky to Shanahan. That would be dumb of Saban in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I don't know-say we trade RW for a 2nd (not that I think we'd get it) and he goes to Denver and can't work with Shanahan for whatever reason (Saban's really the only coach he's ever had a good relationship with). He'd flake out, flunk a test, re-retire, or whatever and we end up with a pick for essentially nothing! Personally, I don't think he's going anywhere- we won't get in value what he's worth to us. That's IF he wins the appeal.

Dolfan73 said:
I think I'd take a LB in that spot and try to get Javon for a second. On the other hand, If I was green bay, I wouldn't give up javon for any less than a 2nd with a first rd escalator when he blew up in Denver, which we would no doubt do.

Why on earth would Denver take a LB? Al Wilson, DJ Williams, and Ian Gold is a solid LB trio. Ashley Lelie wants to be their No 1 receiver or he wants to be traded. So it is possible that Denver will trade Lelie and their lower 3rd rounder or their 4th rounder for Javon Walker. Denver has many picks though. They are excellent at finding a no-name runner in later rounds and turning them into studs. They are lousy at drafting receivers though.

Ricky is worth more to us than we would ever get from anybody else. Aside from his issues, the market for RB's has been poor.

Who has given a 1st for a RB in the last couple years?

2nd round under the best circumstances. Ricky would MAYBE get a 2nd but likey a 3rd.

I don't trade him for a 3rd.

islandah said:
I don't know-say we trade RW for a 2nd (not that I think we'd get it) and he goes to Denver and can't work with Shanahan for whatever reason (Saban's really the only coach he's ever had a good relationship with). He'd flake out, flunk a test, re-retire, or whatever and we end up with a pick for essentially nothing! Personally, I don't think he's going anywhere- we won't get in value what he's worth to us. That's IF he wins the appeal.

I agree, if Ricky gets through this latest episode, it would be nie in a way to have the constant worry off our hands. Im a huge fan and have his jersey, but with this guy anything can happen.

So back to my question A or B...

Or they could go BPA at 15 and trade one 2nd for Ricky and the other for Walkker.

I think Ricky has the most VALUE to the team playing for the Dolphins. I don't think a second round pick for Ricky is true VALUE . Drug woes aside he is truely liked in the clubhouse, coaches said he did everything they asked and more and the guy is a beast on the field.Couple all of that with the fact that he is making 525k and is in the last year of that deal(which could be a moster year for him) Put him in to the Broncos system and look out!!

I have never been a believer in trading guys within in the conference, especially to a team who was in the AFC title game last year.When you think it through I don't see the VALUE in trading the best backup,who could EASILY step in to the starter roll, for a seond round pick.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

b/c then we as a team can get better. they lost their one and only pass rusher in Pryce that they already lacked in big time. WE come first not other teams. You can't go about winning SB's by trying to take the easy route bro. look what NE tried to do and what happened...they lost

I would no neither. I would take Chad Jackson at 15 and then with one of the 2nd's I would take a TE. Then I would focus on getting a DE to replace Trevor Pryce.

Back
Top Bottom