If you were Denver.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you were Denver..

maquina54 said:
In this moment Ricky is more valuable for us than a second round pick.

Maybe, but what if we got say Greenway-1st and Bing-2nd and signed Najeh Davenport to back up Ronnie...that package may be more valuable than Ricky. Again, as long as he's back Ill be happy with a pick or if he's on the field

"Maybe, but what if we got say Greenway-1st and Bing-2nd and signed Najeh Davenport to back up Ronnie...that package may be more valuable than Ricky. Again, as long as he's back Ill be happy with a pick or if he's on the field"

Actually Najeh Davenport resigned with green bay. I like the idea of giving ricky up for a 2nd though and bringing in a free agent or even drafting in the later rounds a running back to back up Ronnie. Ricky's getting up there up in age..I'd be happy either way if we kept him or traded him for a 2nd rounder. Its a win win situation.

dolfan005 said:
Would you take..

A. Deangelo Williams at #15 and give a 2nd to Green Bay for Javon Walker.

or

B Take Chad Jackson at #15 and give our beloved Phins a second for Ricky.

One of these scenario is very likely to happen.

I am torn on whether or not to deal Ricky and Will be happy if he stays or we get a 2nd. However, if I'm Denver I go with A. Your thoughts.......

A....most of the newspapers I have been reading here in Colorado have the Broncos going with a RB with their pick as it does not looks like they will be trading Ashley Lelie, and they still have Rod Smith. DeAngelo Williams seems to be their main target.

if I was Denver I would never draft a RB in the 1st, they are a RB factory. anybody could run well in Denver. I would take a WR in round 1 I think Holmes and than draft a RB later like Andre Hall. a guy with potential

Trade Ricky to Denver and he runs right through us in a playoff victory for Denver? You really think Saban would take that risk for a 2nd round possible, total bust?

dolfan005 said:
Would you take..

A. Deangelo Williams at #15 and give a 2nd to Green Bay for Javon Walker.

or

B Take Chad Jackson at #15 and give our beloved Phins a second for Ricky.

One of these scenario is very likely to happen.

I am torn on whether or not to deal Ricky and Will be happy if he stays or we get a 2nd. However, if I'm Denver I go with A. Your thoughts.......

Ricky Williams is better than any 2nd round pic you could get. He singlehandedly beat the titans last year.

JMarino said:
Ricky Williams is better than any 2nd round pic you could get. He singlehandedly beat the titans last year.

I think that is the most sensible conclusion.

Ricky in Denver is a 2000 yard rusher...I would not want to face him in the AFC championship game...To many people confuse his talent with his off the field issues...Ricky is still a beast when he plays...is he a risk? not for what we pay, and who he shares time with...For those two reasons he has more value to us then any other team in the league...he is a top five back for the vet minimum!! other teams will be less likely to give up much for him because of his issues, he is expandable to us, and that makes his value almost priceless

MarinoNotElway said:
Why on earth would Denver take a LB? Al Wilson, DJ Williams, and Ian Gold is a solid LB trio. Ashley Lelie wants to be their No 1 receiver or he wants to be traded. So it is possible that Denver will trade Lelie and their lower 3rd rounder or their 4th rounder for Javon Walker. Denver has many picks though. They are excellent at finding a no-name runner in later rounds and turning them into studs. They are lousy at drafting receivers though.

Ian Gold isn't that great. If they trade for walker, why go wr in the first round? I don't know where else they need help. If they don't trade for ricky, then they should go rb in the 1st round.

Ricky to us has more value than a 2nd rd pick - we wouldn't get more but he's that valuable to us

dolfan005 said:
I agree, if Ricky gets through this latest episode, it would be nie in a way to have the constant worry off our hands. Im a huge fan and have his jersey, but with this guy anything can happen.

So back to my question A or B...

I'd take C

Give the packers a 2nd for Walker and give the phins a 2nd for Williams. They have two #2's

based on your senerio I would take Williams and Walker. When healthy Walker is one of the best recievers in football. And I personally believe that D. Williams is going to be great. It makes them a better team sooner. It always seems as though rookie WR never break out.

Back
Top Bottom