If you were older than 4, where were you in Oct 1984 when... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you were older than 4, where were you in Oct 1984 when...

I was in 5th grade. I actually started watching the Dolphins because Mark Clayton, a former U of L player was on the team. Marino broke all the records that season and I have been a Dolphins fan ever since.

I was twelve years old in Gautier MS, not a Dolphins fan yet. THe two teams they showed every weekend were Chicago and Miami. 84 I watched the Bears all season, thru their superbowl. But the one fated-MNF game vs Miami when Bears lost their only game to Marino's quickstrikes to CLayton and Duper hooked me and have only missed 4 or 5 games since then.

Yeah. it was in relief of Woodley, on a Monday niter in '83 against the Raiduhs. He took over for the struggling Woodley against the Saints too before gettin' his first start against the Bills a week later.

.....and what a sophmore jinx he had in '84 huh? lol

DolfanDaveInATX said:
It was 1983. :rolleyes:
You are correct sir-84 was the super bowl year, no? never had a running back or a top notch defense-guess he needed DW (joke)

I wasn't alive.

Yeah, me too... Wish i coulda experienced ALL the magic Marino brought... at least i remember the latter part of his GREAT career...

PRAISE TO THE GREATEST!!!

herecmsZACH54 said:
Dan Marino trotted on the field for the first time and proceeded to throw 3 tds in a brilliant comeback effort that came up just short.

I was a sophomore in college at our apartment with my 2 other room-mates watching the game, and I remember saying out loud, "who in the hell is this guy?" :fire: Then after the 3rd td, I said oh my god, I am not worthy.. :eek:

The next 17 years were just something I didn't appreciate as much as I should of , but I appreciate it more the further father time takes me along. :D

LONG LIVE THE BEST NFL QUARTERBACK EVER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!

- Gee , I am old. I was 18 in '83 and remember that night very well. Marino came in during a blow out and looked great. We all knew right away just how good this guy could be. We were wrong. This guy wound up being great.

-For those of you who were not alive or old enough , sorry. It was fabulous. The thing that I really remember the most about those years with Marks was that he elevated throwing the ball to an artform. You would see the play , be pumped by the amazing throw and then you wouls see it in S-L-O-W M-O-T-I-O-N. How that guy would throw to a spot AFTER the traffic would clear was amazing.

-I have never seen anyone during or after make those kind of throws. It wasn't football, it was art.

Back
Top Bottom