I'll admit I am biased... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll admit I am biased...

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
For those who read my minicamp report and criticized me for being a Feeley homer, well I have to say you're right. It's just that I'm so sick of Fiedler that I'd rather have the Pope in there than his ***. It's really funny, I was actually looking for a negative in every good thing he did, and whenever he threw a good pass I was like that's a fluke, and when Feeley did something good I was like "oh my god what potential." When you dislike someone so much (as a player,not a person) you're gonna be a little biased no matter what. But 4 years of injuries and inconsistency has driven me to that point where I'm praying that Feeley takes the job otherwise all the hope I have for a deep playoff run will pretty much be canceled out because we have Wanny/Fiedler Season 5, I mean he's had 4 chances and I want someone else to have a shot. That said, I apologize for my unabashed homerism, and will keep my bias out of future reports. :cooldude:

Hey at least you own up to it!! Nothing wrong with being a fan!

I think people are "bad" homers, when they convert their like and hope into what they sell as fact. For example, to say "AJ Feeley is going to take us to the Super Bowl and throw for 3000 yards" When they don't even know if he will start and he has never been anything but a backup in college and pro.

Your sentiments are well placed. I like AJ too. I hope he is the next Marino. I am just concerned because we needed as sure a thing as we could get and this is a big risk.

But I am SOO with you on the Fiedler thing. The guy should have snuck out of town under the cover of darkness the day the season ended. I am really concerned that Wanny will revert back to Jay out of comfort.

Go Fins in 2004!

I can't stand Fiedler but I'm not sure Feely is an upgrade! I mean he was a third string QB in Philly! I wish we would have waited now! I would have loved to get Collins! He would have been a upgrade from Fiedler!

Collins is thought of in the same light as Fiedler by Giants fans.

He's the prototype "big arm, peanut brain" frustrating QB.

I think Feeley will be a 2 year project unfortunately: he'll be average this year and good next year. I do think he's an upgrade over Jay, as he has a real nice arm. The question, for me, is how quickly can he learn.

Finsflurry said:
For those who read my minicamp report and criticized me for being a Feeley homer, well I have to say you're right. It's just that I'm so sick of Fiedler that I'd rather have the Pope in there than his ***. It's really funny, I was actually looking for a negative in every good thing he did, and whenever he threw a good pass I was like that's a fluke, and when Feeley did something good I was like "oh my god what potential." When you dislike someone so much (as a player,not a person) you're gonna be a little biased no matter what. But 4 years of injuries and inconsistency has driven me to that point where I'm praying that Feeley takes the job otherwise all the hope I have for a deep playoff run will pretty much be canceled out because we have Wanny/Fiedler Season 5, I mean he's had 4 chances and I want someone else to have a shot. That said, I apologize for my unabashed homerism, and will keep my bias out of future reports. :cooldude:

I hear ya, I am sick of Fiedler as well. I honestly think he's only good for two or three games a year. I would rather not ever see him ever take another snap for this team, unfortunetly thats hoping beyond hope with DW still around. But maybe Feeley will get the job done and we won't ever have to see this talentless QB behind center again. BTW, same goes for DW he can carry his *** too as far as I'm conserned. I'm just affraid after all the work Rick has done to put the players here this off season DW will be his same ol, thats OK guys we'll get em next week lackluster attitude towards the importants of every single game. I guess time will tell.

Mebeverine said:
Collins is thought of in the same light as Fiedler by Giants fans.

He's the prototype "big arm, peanut brain" frustrating QB.

I think Feeley will be a 2 year project unfortunately: he'll be average this year and good next year. I do think he's an upgrade over Jay, as he has a real nice arm. The question, for me, is how quickly can he learn.

Yea but arm stregnth is one thing but how accurate is he and how is his decition making? That's what I'm concerned about, but I guess only time will tell! Bledso has a strong arm but has the worst decition! I just hope he works out because I so want to see them win!!!

Feeley's accuracy is his main strength, mark my words bud =)

You're gonna be pleasently surprised, I was hoping for Feeley (albeit for less compensation) last year. For a comparison of what he could become look no further than Matt Hasselbeck.

Ok bro I'll take your word for it! I don't really know all that much about him, besides those few games he played a could of years ago! That's all I want is someone that is accurate and can make good quit decitions! Feely should have good targets to throw to so we'll see how he works out! Let's how we have diamond in the ruff so to say!

Mebeverine said:

This is exactly what I've been saying too. It's so tough to be good when you're a first-time starting QB in this league. Especially when you're new to a team. I keep pointing to Tom Brady's first year starting in NE and Delhomme last year.

And check your PM box!!

Muck said:
This is exactly what I've been saying too. It's so tough to be good when you're a first-time starting QB in this league. Especially when you're new to a team. I keep pointing to Tom Brady's first year starting in NE and Delhomme last year.

And check your PM box!!

Yea but Brady's first year he was a third stringer! Then got moved up in TC the following year till Bledsoe got hurt! When he came in he tore it up right away! Till the 4 quarter of the Denver game where he had 4 int's! The good thing is he should go into camp with the mind set to be the start from the start! Not saying he is going to be or not, but he should still think that way!
The upside is he has had the play book for awhile now to get use to it!

I said it in another thread, but everyone has to remember that we have TWO legit starters at WR, and a ton of competition along the O line, which should really improve the unit.

Both these facts will only help to improve WHOEVER is at QB, and that includes Fiedler.

i have to agree that fiedler has had his chance 4 years the man is injury prone point made.let someone else have a try at it i think both feeley and sage have alot of potential lets see what these guys have please dave get off the fiedler bandwagon!!!

Keep Dreaming if you think Feeley will start no matter what.I believe everyone in the organization is being pressure to win not to sit back and have a losing season.I believe that was Rick Spielman excuse for not drafting a QB because someone who being around could compete for the job right away and win some games.

Back
Top Bottom