I'll admit I am biased... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll admit I am biased...

Yea they will compete but what do they do if Fiedler beats him out? They will have to start the QB they know can run the offense! He might not run it great but he can run it just the same! Don't get me wrong I would love to see what Feely can do, because we know what Fiedler can do!

shalafi3455 said:
Yea they will compete but what do they do if Fiedler beats him out? They will have to start the QB they know can run the offense! He might not run it great but he can run it just the same! Don't get me wrong I would love to see what Feely can do, because we know what Fiedler can do!

If Fiedler beat him out than what does that tell you about A.J feeley?Becareful what you wish for.

Oh don't get me wrong I don't hope he does! I really would like to see how the Offense runs under a different QB from the start!

Finsflurry said:
... I apologize for my unabashed homerism, and will keep my bias out of future reports. :cooldude:

It's easy to get jaded if we live in the past...always looking backwards. This is a new season. A refined system. Re-tooled with superfreak Boston. A new energy with new coaches. Big offensive lineman that want to earn a start. And real competition at QB. It's a new day. It's would be easy to get soured on a player such as Ricky or Boston if you emphasized the negative and looked backward at injuries, weight problems, fumbles...off the field problems.

I want an honest report. This team is much more than it's Quarterback. But, we need improvement at that position like at other positions. At the end of the day we all want the best players on the field and the best depth on the bench representing the Miami Dolphins. I don't really care who ends up winning the postition at QB. If Sage outplays them all, I hope to hear about it in the reporting. Yet, looking good in these camps will mean very little if the preseason games don't reflect the progress. Feeley, Fiedler, and Rosenfels have just begun the competition...and at this time of the year...it's all good.

fin-atic said:
But I am SOO with you on the Fiedler thing. The guy should have snuck out of town under the cover of darkness the day the season ended. I am really concerned that Wanny will revert back to Jay out of comfort.

Go Fins in 2004!

IMO it is far more likely Fiedler will start than it is that Feeley will start. Still, I'm hoping Feeley surprises and can EARN the starting job, but so far it isnt looking like he's anywhere close to ready to play.

shalafi3455 said:
Yea but Brady's first year he was a third stringer! Then got moved up in TC the following year till Bledsoe got hurt! When he came in he tore it up right away! Till the 4 quarter of the Denver game where he had 4 int's! The good thing is he should go into camp with the mind set to be the start from the start! Not saying he is going to be or not, but he should still think that way!
The upside is he has had the play book for awhile now to get use to it!

I agree with you and Muck (wow what a surprise..LOL). What is required here is patience, since both Brady and Delhome had at least a year to learn their offensive sytem. We should not be expecting AJF to completely learn this new system, and be in zync with these new recievers in under 4 months.

But, if he at least manages the games well, and avoids TOs, that will be a plus...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its To Early To Tell...

Look...this was Feely's first camp. I really dont think we should really look into his performace one way or the other. The two QB's will start to seperate themselves in Pre Season. The first time with any team is nerve racking, especially when there is pressure to perform right off the bat. Case In Point: A Rod..he gets to the hated evil empire..and looks horrible. His first month with the team he hits under .200. Does anyone really believe that will continue? Not even me..a rabid sox fan will say that. The guy will end up batting .300 with 40plus HR's. Lets see what happens when Feely settles. He doesnt have to throw for 3,500 yds and 20 tds to be an effective QB with our team. Opposing teams just have to respect him, and with the balance of our offense..we should do just fine. Look how far we made it with Woodly!!!

vt_dolfan said:
Look...this was Feely's first camp. I really dont think we should really look into his performace one way or the other. The two QB's will start to seperate themselves in Pre Season.

I think they have already to begin to seperate themselves. Remember, they are out there at practice throwing with no pads on knowing they are not going to get hit. Things only get tougher as they move closer to the season, and Feeley is already struggling with knowing what to do, timing, and throws.

Not that Jay is playing like superman. I just don't see Feeley beating him out.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I think they have already to begin to seperate themselves. Remember, they are out there at practice throwing with no pads on knowing they are not going to get hit. Things only get tougher as they move closer to the season, and Feleey is already struggling with knowing what to do, timing, and throws...

I don't know. That would apply to all the QB's. It sounds like struggling at the beginning is a normal part of the process. How could it not be? The system has to be learned and then it has to be applied in real-time. That's what training camps are about. Feeley has the physical ability to make the all the throws. He does not yet have fluidity within the system.

It is simply too early to make a judgement. If there was no struggling, there would be no need for a Quarterback camp.

The preseason games will be where the heavy weights of judgement tip the scales.

Camps and QB Schools..

Camps and QB Schools are exactly that.....Schools. That is where QBs get a on pace with their WR's and such...that is where you would rather see them make the mistakes. Its learning from those mistakes is where the better QB's seperate themselves. To me...Fiedler' biggest problem hasnt been his noodle arm..it has been his propensity to throw the pick at the most in opportune time. Underthrowing..overthrowing...and missing your recievers at the first camp is expected. Fiedler has not shown in his four years that he WONT make the dumb dumb throw. He has been a productive QB at times. Game time situations in the heat of battle..when the pressure is on..is when guys step up. We shall see!!!!

Back
Top Bottom