Illini | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Illini

Please nyjunc, we were up on you the whole game. Sour grapes I guess, after all your smack talk your team couldn't get the job done. What happened to the confident talk that Carilona would beat us twice? It's all good, we'll just have to come to your place and beat you again!

clear.gif

Did someone say McCants?

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Please nyjunc, we were up on you the whole game. Sour grapes I guess, after all your smack talk your team couldn't get the job done. What happened to the confident talk that Carilona would beat us twice? It's all good, we'll just have to come to your place and beat you again!

I said going into this game that thought Carolina would win but anything can happen in a rivalry game on the road. I'm just not impressed to call them a title contender, the heels were brutal and duke played great yet it was a 1 point win at home. Enjoy it, they deserved to win but it's not a shock to see them win at home even against a better team.

gotta run to clas nyjunc. After all your talk about Duke being an average team all we keep doing is winning. We never slipped against a Santa Clara, we were never blown out by Wake (Maryland's win is free throws at the end of the game). We'll avenge that loss this Saturday. Looks like you shouldn't sleep on a team THAT WENT TO THE FINAL 4 LAST YEAR!

Vitale sickened me last year w/ his defense of JJ, I have never heard him so upset. I guess all the horrible shots he takes don't count according to him so his 42% from 3 is just a mirage. By the way, the great JJ did nothing last night. As usual his point total looks good but he shot 4 of 10(40%) from 3 and 4 of 12 overall(33%).

I never said duke was an average team, Is aid they were not a title contender. I have said since the beginning of the year they would be a sweet 16 team and nothing I have seen from them changes my mind.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Dean Smith 2 titles
Coach K 3
Any questions?

nyjunc owned!

you obviously haven't followed CBB long, Dean coached most of his years in the times when only ONE team per conference made the Tournament so it's been easier in K's time. Dean and K are great coaches but what Dean did when year in and year out the ACC was by far the bst conference is more amazing. K has always been great but took it to new heights after Dean retired and the ACC dropped from best to mid of the pack.

Oh by the way, all time head to head:

Dean Smith 26 wins
Kroshoofksi 14 wins

clear.gif

FinsNYanksFan13 owned!
:lol:

nyjunc said:
Vitale sickened me last year w/ his defense of JJ, I have never heard him so upset. I guess all the horrible shots he takes don't count according to him so his 42% from 3 is just a mirage. By the way, the great JJ did nothing last night. As usual his point total looks good but he shot 4 of 10(40%) from 3 and 4 of 12 overall(33%).

I never said duke was an average team, Is aid they were not a title contender. I have said since the beginning of the year they would be a sweet 16 team and nothing I have seen from them changes my mind.
That slow white boy gets a foul called every time he puts the ball on the floor. I'll admit, Ewing and Williams are very good players, although neither better than their counterparts at UNC. If McCants wasnt sulking around all game and actually put forth some effort they would of won that game. I dont know what Roy has to do to motivate that guy....but when he gets into one of his moods, its tough to get him going.

I give redick alot of grief b/c I feel he's overratedbut he was GREAT last night against Wake. I have never been more impressed w/ him than I was last night, he took the team on his back and would not let them lose a 3rd straight. By the way, Thanks for knocking Wake a game back of the Heels :D

Looks like Julius Hodge and NC.State will be watching the tournament from home this year. It's ashame, he's a NY boy and I would of liked to at least seen him make the NCAA's, even if he lost in the first round!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Looks like Julius Hodge and NC.State will be watching the tournament from home this year. It's ashame, he's a NY boy and I would of liked to at least seen him make the NCAA's, even if he lost in the first round!

That was a big time win for the Heels last night playing in a hostile environment w/o Rashad McCants against a State team that had been playing well recently. State still has a flicker of hope, they are 5-8 in the ACC an dif they can win their last 3 they'll make it(there's no way they'd keep an 8-8 team in the ACC out of the Tourney). They play Va tech at home, at UVa and home against Wake. They have an excellent shot the first 2 games and if they can spring the upset against Wake then I think they'd make it.

FonsNyanksFan13: I just ant to say i am now finally impressed w/ duke and if they can stay out of foul trouble and be hot from 3 they have a chance to do some damage in March. They just play so hard, they really had no business even being in the game. No team has come close to beating the heels at home and duke almost did it. good luck the rest of the way and maybe we'll meet again on Sunday.

Man, I haven't been able to ge on, had a ton of work to get done Sunday and Monday but I did happen to see the game. No excuse, we had you guys and we blew it. It was a great game and Carilona will be there in the end if they play the way their capable of. I'm not gonna cry over spilled milk although I do have a gripe with the call on Williams at the end (I forget who he fouled). I thought his block was clean but the foul was called, Carilona hits one of two, gets the long rebound, make a great shot (and my hats are off, that was a great shot) and the rest is history. Carilona showed heart but that call pisses me off just like the non-call Boozer didn't get after grabbing the rebound on Jay Williams missed free-throw in the 2002 sweet 16 lol. BUt I can't complain, I'm a Duke fan and we have gotten plenty of phantom calls in the past so I guess what goes around comes around. All I can hope is that we meet in the finals of the ACC tourny and in either the Final 4 or the championship game. I love playing Carilona and I truly believe these are the two best teams in the nation no matter what UCONN, Illinois, Kentucky, or any other fan says.!

There were some bad calls that went UNC's way, I thought the block was a foul but the Noel strip of ewing i thought was a foul BUT Shelden got away w/ alot that game and on the Melchionni 3 Ewing stepped out of bounds before he passed it so it should have stayed a 6 pt game at that point. It doesn't matter now, maybe we'll get to see rd 3 on a neutral floor.

Back
Top Bottom