Illini | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Illini

woody1351

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
how about the fightin illini, they whooped up on #1 wake forest.

ACC=overrated

The ACC as a whole is pretty good, but Wake was definitely overrated. That being said, the ILLINI looked REAL good last night! I was impressed watching them.

nyjunc said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :lol:

ACC Is overrated. Keep living a fantasy world and keep believing the ACC is the best conference in the land for college hoops. It isn't and hasn't been for a while.

MikeO said:
ACC Is overrated. Keep living a fantasy world and keep believing the ACC is the best conference in the land for college hoops. It isn't and hasn't been for a while.

The ACC went through a rough stretch in the early 2000s BUT it was w/o question the best conf in the Country last year and is w/o question the best conf in the Country this year. B/c Wake got blown out that means the ACC is overrated? Are teams not allowed to lose bad games on the road in Nov/Dec? UConn got blown out by Ga Tech last year in November, how did their season turn out? The ACC has 5 legit top 10 type teams(including 3 or 4 legit FF and Nat'l Title contenders) and 7 overall ranked teams. Show me the other conference w/ those types of teams, tell me who is better than the ACC?

nyjunc said:
The ACC went through a rough stretch in the early 2000s BUT it was w/o question the best conf in the Country last year and is w/o question the best conf in the Country this year. B/c Wake got blown out that means the ACC is overrated? Are teams not allowed to lose bad games on the road in Nov/Dec? UConn got blown out by Ga Tech last year in November, how did their season turn out? The ACC has 5 legit top 10 type teams(including 3 or 4 legit FF and Nat'l Title contenders) and 7 overall ranked teams. Show me the other conference w/ those types of teams, tell me who is better than the ACC?
How was it the best last year when UCONN won it all and beat Duke and GT on the way?

The Big East is better. Syracuse, UConn, Pitt, and Providence are better. If you want to expand it to the NEW Big East throw in Louisville and I will take those 5 anyday. Polls mean nothing now. Especially PRE-SEASON polls. Just look at football and Auburn, the preseason poll is going to screw them since they weren't ranked back in August now they are stuck at #3 because of it.

Last 2 national champs from the BIG EAST in mens and womens hoops. The NIT champ 2 years ago from the Big East. Which means in College Hoops, 5 out of the last 6 SEASON ENDING Tournaments in College Basketball were won by the BIG EAST!

And next year when the ACC adds basketball doormats like VT, Miami, and BC.....and it brings down the RPI of all of your top schools which will keep bubble teams OUT of the tournament, :roflmao: then tell me who has the best hoops conference in the country.

Let's see, the ACC adds 3 garbage hoops programs, the Big East loses there 3 worst hoops teams and adds Top 10 teams like Louisville, Cincy, Marquette, and Depaul already on top of what they have.

The ACC is good, just not the best!

Just b/c the Champion comes from a conference does not mean that conference is the best. In '01 when duke won and in '02 when maryland won the ACC was not eevn close to the best conference in the Country. Usually the conf that gets the most teams to regional finals or FFs is the best and the ACC had 2 last year. UConn did beat duke and GT BUt they also lost to GT and UNC in the reg season.

The Big East is better. Syracuse, UConn, Pitt, and Providence are better. If you want to expand it to the NEW Big East throw in Louisville and I will take those 5 anyday.

You can have louisville and the ACC is till better. Add in Cincy too and the ACC is still better.

Last 2 national champs from the BIG EAST in mens and womens hoops. The NIT champ 2 years ago from the Big East. Which means in College Hoops, 5 out of the last 6 SEASON ENDING Tournaments in College Basketball were won by the BIG EAST!

First off what does women's BB have to do w/ anything? and the NIT? come on get real

And next year when the ACC adds basketball doormats like VT, Miami, and BC.....and it brings down the RPI of all of your top schools which will keep bubble teams OUT of the tournament, then tell me who has the best hoops conference in the country.

First BC isn't a bad program, they are a better prgram than Marquette has been and everyone is making a big deal about Marquette. Miami and VT will bring it down a bit but the overall strength of the top teams will keep it the best conf.

Let's see, the ACC adds 3 garbage hoops programs, the Big East loses there 3 worst hoops teams and adds Top 10 teams like Louisville, Cincy, Marquette, and Depaul already on top of what they have.

BC is not a garbage hoops program and louisville is not exactly duke or North Carolina. I can't recall the last FF they made- oh wait it was 1986! Cincy ALWAYS loses in rd 1 or 2 and they are on their way down w/ bob Thuggins on his last legs and Marquette? They have a good team every 5-6 years or so. The only 2 programs that can consistently play w/ the ACC's best are SU and UConn.

Let's look at some #s of these 2 conferences and yuo dcide which has been better and it's obvious to any impartial fan which is best this year:

Since 1981 the ACC has sent AT LEAST 1 team(2 in '81, '90, '91, '01, '03) every year except '85, '87, '96 and '03 so that's 20 of 24 years at least 1 ACC team has been to the FF(and by the way we have the most titles w/ 7) and in that same span the BE has sent at least 1 team to the FF 9 times. Let's break it down:

Since 1979(that was the 1st yr of the BE):

Final Fours:

ACC- 25
BE- 12

Number of FF's w/ multiple teams:

ACC- 5
BE- 2

Longest Drought btw FFs:

ACC- 2 years(had FF in '78 then missed in '79 & '80 before sending 2 in '81)
BE- 6 years(had FF team in '89 then again in '96)

Number of Nat'l Championships:

ACC- 7
BE- 5

Let's see the Big East CONSISTENTLY send teams to the FF the way the ACC has then we can talk.

BC is bad. No, check that.....they are awful.

Marquette was in the FINAL FOUR 2 years ago!

We are talking about NOW and this year. You need to go back 10 and 15 years ago to get ACC stats to prove your point.

I dont' care about 1981 or what conference is the BEST EVER. You are changing the debate. Right now BIG EAST basketball is better than ACC basketball. Next year it won't even be close when Miami, VT, and BC drag your RPI into the mud.

Who is the BETTER conference now, today, and tomorrow. It's the Big East. Louisville is a Top program NOW with Pitino.

Let's start w/ BC:

2004: Made NCAA Tournament(lost to Ga Tech by the way)
2003: Tied for 1st in reg season OF BE east w/ UConn
2002: Made NCAA Tourney
2001: won BE east reg season title, won BE Tourney, 3 seed in NCAA tourney
2000: Last in BE
1999: Last in BE
1998: Last in BE 6(they were going through some NCAA probation during these years)
1997: Tied for 1st in BE 6, 5 seed in NCAA Tourney
1996: 3rd in BE 6, NCAA Tourney

Outside of 3 years where scandal had rocked the program they have been in the upper echelon of the BE. yeah they awful :rolleyes:

Let's see what Marquette has done:

2004: NIT
2003: NCAA Final Four
2002:NCAA #5 seed, lost in 1st rd
2001: no postseason
2000: lost in 1st rd of NIT
1999:last place Conf USA
1998: Made NIT
1997: 7 seed in NCAA's
1996:4 seed in NCAA's

Outside of fluky FF by Marquette in '03 it looks like BC ahs been better.

We are talking about NOW and this year. You need to go back 10 and 15 years ago to get ACC stats to prove your point.

We have SEVEN ranked teams, what more do you need to know? 5 of the top 12 teams, 6 of the top 16 teams. The BE has 4 ranked teams. That is NOW, we are better, we were better last year. Just b/c a team wins the NCAA title does not mean they came from the best conf, it just means they are the best team that year. Again, ACC teams won it all in '01 and '02 and the ACC was NOT the best conf. The ACC CONSISTENTLY sends teams to the FF while the BE does NOT.

Jwcolour said:
Mike-O I can end this argument in one word.

CUUUSSSSSSSEEEEEE

How does that end the argument? B/c SU makes the FF once every decade that makes the BE better? :lol:

nyjunc said:
How does that end the argument? B/c SU makes the FF once every decade that makes the BE better? :lol:

How does that end the argument?

like this

GMAC
HAKIM THE DREAM WARRICK
PACE
NICHOLS
Edelin
Forth (not sucking like he used to)
McCroskey is nasty

CUUUUUUUSSSSE

Back
Top Bottom