Illini | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Illini

MikeO said:
You can explain it to me till your blue in the face.....doesn't mean you are right!

ACC isn't the best. Sorry to burst your bubble!

The Big East is better, just like it is in football, right?

Right?

:rolleyes2

I don't think the Big East is that strong this year. I wouldn't want to mess with Syracuse, but as a whole the conference isn't as strong as it has been in past years. Overall, the ACC is a better conference.

MikeO said:
You can explain it to me till your blue in the face.....doesn't mean you are right!

ACC isn't the best. Sorry to burst your bubble!

That's a compelling argument you have there, I'm convinved. What was I thinking when I thought the ACC was better :rolleyes:

Jwcolour said:
You want another sweet compelling argument?

CUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE

You showed me! How could I think a conference w/ 2 whole teams ranked(ND will be gone form the rabkings after losing to a mediocre Mich team) is not the best in the Country :lol:

iceblizzard69 said:
The Big East is better, just like it is in football, right?

Right?

:rolleyes2

How sad is the ACC though that 2 outsiders their 1st year in the conferece are playing for the ACC football championship?! That speaks volumns about how bad ACC football has been. Two first year teams from the Big East join and are running the football side of things.

MikeO said:
How sad is the ACC though that 2 outsiders their 1st year in the conferece are playing for the ACC football championship?! That speaks volumns about how bad ACC football has been. Two first year teams from the Big East join and are running the football side of things.
no it speaks volumes about how good UM and VT are. They made the big east and now its nothing.

nyjunc said:
You showed me! How could I think a conference w/ 2 whole teams ranked(ND will be gone form the rabkings after losing to a mediocre Mich team) is not the best in the Country :lol:

Um I think you forgot to take into account this:

CUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MikeO said:

The 2 teams the ACC accpeted this year are top 10 type teams in most years so it wasn't far fetched to think one of them could win the ACC. The difference is if they were still in the BE neither team would have lost another conf game while in the ACC VT lost 1 and UM lost 2.

Um I think you forgot to take into account this:

CUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They looked outstanding against Colgate at home the other night, Boeheim continues that rough sched he puts together every year :roflmao:

VTY hasn't been a Top 10 football team since the late 90s. And you clearly don't know VT's record in the Big East where they had little success against the likes of Pitt, WV, Syracuse in recent years. I think out of those 3 teams they beat Syracuse once and that is it.

Don't be rippin on Boeheim. SU plays Oklahoma St on a neutral court. They already beat Memphis and Miss St. How many ranked teams do we have to play away from home in the first month of the season?

VJ1252 said:
no it speaks volumes about how good UM and VT are. They made the big east and now its nothing.
The ACC must be nothing as well since those two can step right in and be the top teams. So the ACC was nothnig until now?

Your logic makes no sense. :shakeno:

MikeO said:
VTY hasn't been a Top 10 football team since the late 90s. And you clearly don't know VT's record in the Big East where they had little success against the likes of Pitt, WV, Syracuse in recent years. I think out of those 3 teams they beat Syracuse once and that is it.

Don't be rippin on Boeheim. SU plays Oklahoma St on a neutral court. They already beat Memphis and Miss St. How many ranked teams do we have to play away from home in the first month of the season?

On a "neutral court" yes but they do not leave the state of NY until JANUARY! This sched is brutal compared to what Boeheim usually schedules but it's nowhere near a difficult schedule.

nyjunc said:
On a "neutral court" yes but they do not leave the state of NY until JANUARY! This sched is brutal compared to what Boeheim usually schedules but it's nowhere near a difficult schedule.
Don't leave the state of NY? It's over 5 hours away. Look at a map.

Syracuse is closer to Philly, Cleveland, and Toronto than it is to NYC. So if SU scheduled Temple or Ohio St (Columbus, near Cleveland) that would be more difficult than going to NYC even though its a shorter trip?

Look, having this debate now is stupid. The season just started. Come March we can conclude this discussion. Right now we are going in circles.

Let's call a TRUCE and continue this debate once we draw near Tourney time. That is when one of us will be proven correct and the other to be proven a fool.

Deal.........

MikeO said:
The ACC must be nothing as well since those two can step right in and be the top teams. So the ACC was nothnig until now?

Your logic makes no sense. :shakeno:
learn to read. I said the biggest is nothing now without um and vt. yea the acc was bad without those two but when you add them and they already had a decent program in FSU the acc is a decent football conference and a great basketball conference. the acc def isnt as tough as the sec but its lightyears ahead of the big east. look who won the big east this year a pitt team that is 20th in the polls and the bcs. Pitt lost to uconn and at home to nebraska who was horrible this year.

MikeO said:

The ACC right now is a stronger conference than the Big East. I would go with the Big East based on last year, but the additions of Miami and VT made the ACC the better conference in football.

Both conferences are strong in basketball, but I would give the edge to the ACC there too.

nyjunc said:

I live in NYC and went up to Syracuse last month. It's not exactly a short trip. And I saw Syracuse beat up on a **** team when I was up there. I don't think they are the best team in the country, but they are definitely a major contender to go to the Final Four this year.

Back
Top Bottom