I'm beginning to believe that Watson will be traded! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm beginning to believe that Watson will be traded!

Dolphins would be stupid not to look into this. The realistic chance that Tua will be better than Watson is slim to none. We have the coach, now get the QB. You always hear if you have the coach and QB then you have a shot.

He has leverage and Houston’s decisions were actively hurting the team. Before he signed his extension, he was promised certain things. These things have not exactly been delivered - some hilariously poorly, so he justifiably wants out.

This will sound harsh but people judging the kid as a cancer etc are just plain ignorant or hateful. It’s hard to relate to a superstar athlete for sure, but he’s still a human and he’s going to react the same way we all would if our employer, desperate for us, actively lied to us.

I think he will be gone, but the big questions are:
To whom?
When?
For what price?
I wouldn't give up much, especially the #3 pick
I could see the Jets trading Darnold, their 2 first round picks in 2021 and their first pick in 2022 for Watson if the Texans are really serious about trading Watson. Hopefully the Dolphins wouldn’t try to outbid the Jets because it would probably cost them Tua plus 3 first round picks and likely 2 second round picks. The Dolphins have too many holes on their roster to be trading away a lot of high picks for Watson.

I think he will be gone, but the big questions are:
To whom?
When?
For what price?
I wouldn't give up much, especially the #3 pick

I will never understand how many fins fan on here love to stay miserable. A 25 year young top 5 QB could be available and we got lucky obtaining a top 3 pick but you would rather roll the dice with a 50/50 chance at the #3 pick. And odds are even less that pick will be a pro bowler.

I would give up three 1st round picks and Tua and not think twice. We would have Watson for years and could still build around him, it's not like Texans would get our next ten first round picks.

Hell I would also see if they wanted X Howard, I doubt they would be since they are rebuilding

He has leverage and Houston’s decisions were actively hurting the team. Before he signed his extension, he was promised certain things. These things have not exactly been delivered - some hilariously poorly, so he justifiably wants out.

This will sound harsh but people judging the kid as a cancer etc are just plain ignorant or hateful. It’s hard to relate to a superstar athlete for sure, but he’s still a human and he’s going to react the same way we all would if our employer, desperate for us, actively lied to us.
Besides the offer of millions of dollars to play QB for the Texans, exactly what else was he promised? Obviously you have some insight into the contract negotiations between Watson and the Texans that the rest of us aren’t aware of.

Dolphins would be stupid not to look into this. The realistic chance that Tua will be better than Watson is slim to none. We have the coach, now get the QB. You always hear if you have the coach and QB then you have a shot.
I agree 95%...

The missing 5% is if they want the kitchen sink for a player who will be moved in one way or another...

I don't want to be Bill O'Brian of we do make a deal.

I understand where you are coming from and I did do the reading BUT all I need to know is that Watson is crying out loud in the media because "His" feeling got hurt when things didnt go his way.
Thats what Im talkin bout

Yea...Every team in the NFL needs that Guy in the locker room to help provide unity. Ill ride Tua another season...give him weapons and a healthy team around him and hopefully it will pay off much like you see with Allen in Buffalo. I mean imagine if they had gave up on him after season 1.
I don’t think he is crying he’s expressing his frustration. Remember the comment “we can’t have inmates running a prison. When you feel comfortable to make a comment like that it shows you’re not socially conscious on issues that negatively impact the players on the team. This is not just about football, what the Texans did was essentially make a mockery of the Rooney rule, interview minority candidate for optics but all along they knew who they wanted. As a result they created a trust issue and if you’re in a relationship and you can’t trust your partner it normally leads to a divorce.

I could see the Jets trading Darnold, their 2 first round picks in 2021 and their first pick in 2022 for Watson if the Texans are really serious about trading Watson. Hopefully the Dolphins wouldn’t try to outbid the Jets because it would probably cost them Tua plus 3 first round picks and likely 2 second round picks. The Dolphins have too many holes on their roster to be trading away a lot of high picks for Watson.
Watson has to wave the no trade clause, now with Salah being hired it definitely is more of a possibility than prior to his hiring. However, if Houston does decide to trade Watson he's definitely going to have a factor into where he goes and to what value they get for him. So Houston may have to take less from Miami than what they are offered from another team, because Watson will have to approve of the team he's being traded to. Just another way at looking at it, but you are definitely not wrong with considering the Jets as possible players for Watson if Houston does look to move them, especially now that they're hired Salah.

I will never understand how many fins fan on here love to stay miserable. A 25 year young top 5 QB could be available and we got lucky obtaining a top 3 pick but you would rather roll the dice with a 50/50 chance at the #3 pick. And odds are even less that pick will be a pro bowler.

I would give up three 1st round picks and Tua and not think twice. We would have Watson for years and could still build around him, it's not like Texans would get our next ten first round picks.

Hell I would also see if they wanted X Howard, I doubt they would be since they are rebuilding
I don’t have any idea what is so miserable about a team which was 10-6 in their second year of a rebuilding process. The Dolphins have a very good chance of adding several starters with their 4 picks in the top 50 and I think Tua is going to be an excellent QB in the NFL. The reality is Watson and the Texans were 4-12 in 2020 and so there is no assurance that Watson would make the Dolphins a better team.

If you are actually miserable after the season the Dolphins just had and you aren’t looking forward to seeing the team continue to grow going forward with the numerous picks they have in the 2021 draft, you probably need to find another team to root for.

Something tells me the same people saying he'd be too expensive or a cancer wouldn't be laughing at the Jets's misfortunes if they were the ones trading for him.

I agree 95%...

The missing 5% is if they want the kitchen sink for a player who will be moved in one way or another...

I don't want to be Bill O'Brian of we do make a deal.
I feel bad for Tua he didn’t play for a year, he didn’t have an off-season, and no training camp. All people are going to remember is Herbert playing well, how the offense struggled with Tua and on 2 occasions he was pulled for FitzPatrick. We as a fanbase have waited for too long, we were supposed to be the next team up, now that NE is no longer competitive but instead it’s the Buffalo Bills.

I don’t have any idea what is so miserable about a team which was 10-6 in their second year of a rebuilding process. The Dolphins have a very good chance of adding several starters with their 4 picks in the top 50 and I think Tua is going to be an excellent QB in the NFL. The reality is Watson and the Texans were 4-12 in 2020 and so there is no assurance that Watson would make the Dolphins a better team.

If you are actually miserable after the season the Dolphins just had and you aren’t looking forward to seeing the team continue to grow going forward with the numerous picks they have in the 2021 draft, you probably need to find another team to root for.

Miserable because we have won one playoff game in the last 20+ years. If you don't think Watson helps us on this team in 2020 then I don't know what to tell you othe than you are in denial.

Back
Top Bottom