Im from Atlanta. What do you guys think about Harrington. (Since our classy QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im from Atlanta. What do you guys think about Harrington. (Since our classy QB

i disagree... thats the reason that they will probably draft Brian Brohm next year.. houston is gonna suck pretty bad.. so its like trading shaub for a top 3 pick.. excellent trade.. plus they also got a second...
Atlanta does not get Houstons first round pick next year.

No way. Atlanta cares about WINNING, dosent matter who the QB is. There are a few that have attached themselves to Vick's behind based on his race, but theres not as many of those fans as people think. Vick helped the team win in the beginning, thats why he was so popular. That has changed. falcons would have a HUGE cap hit of 22 million if Vick was cut or traded this year. Also, IF Vick is convicted of a crime, its VOIDSv the contract, No cap charge. So im surte Mr Blanks fingers are crossed, he might be planting evidence on him as we speak..:sidelol:
I think that even if the contract is voided, the pro-rated portion of the signing bonus will be charged against the salary cap. So there was a $37 million signing bonus on a 10 year contract signed in 2004. That's $3.7 million each year that is charged against the cap for the signing bonus. If ther are 7 years left, if Vick was traded/released/voided before June 1st, the cap hit would be $25.9 million. If he was traded/released/voided after June 1st, the cap hit would be $12.95 million each year. You can void the contract, but you cant void the salary cap hit.

At least I think that is how it works.

BTW, can you imagine a $26 million cap hit for someone that isn't even on the team?? WOW!!!

Well at least you didn't give up a draft pick to get Joey! The problem with Joey is he plays Quarterback with the instincts of a robot! He ALWAYS gets rid of the ball fast and as long as the guy is running a short pattern and is open and is the primary receiver, Joey's OK. Unfortunately there are a lot more passing situations with greater degrees of difficulty. It's hard to think the "3rd time" would be the charm.

he isnt that bad of a QB but he isnt a starting qb

He would be an average NFL starter IMO if he was ever put in a stable offense. I would argue that the offensive system in place last yr was no better than the what he worked with in Detroit.
BTW, I am a dog owner and if these allegations against Vick are true, I hope he gets jail time and never sees an NFL paycheck again. He is a disgrace and a pathetic excuse for a human being. In addition, any player who defends this barbarism is a piece of garbage as well.

I hope Vick never plays another down in the NFL ever again,

Harrington is average. He makes to many mistakes. His only upside is he gets rid of the ball. He is a career back up. I hope Dj Shockly is good.

I can't believe what Vick is going through right now. Unreal.

Did somebody hold a gun to his head and say "bet on dog fights or we'll kill you" or "organize dog fights or we'll kill you" or "participate in dog fights or we'll kill you"? Dog-fighting is illegal in 49 of 50 states. It's also a federal offense. Dog-fighting is so intertwined with illegal gambling and drug trafficking as to be indistinguishable.

Vick brought this on himself.

I think that Harrington did a pretty good job for us last year. He had some pretty poor games last year but that may be attributed to how bad our offense was last year. He is a classy person. I wish him the best in Atlanta.

:yeahthat:
couldnt have said it better myself. I still have this feeling that Joey is going to get it turned around. Consistency and coaching are key for him right now. He's still yet to have that in his nfl career. And, theres definately no doubt he's a class act.

Did somebody hold a gun to his head and say "bet on dog fights or we'll kill you" or "organize dog fights or we'll kill you" or "participate in dog fights or we'll kill you"? Dog-fighting is illegal in 49 of 50 states. It's also a federal offense. Dog-fighting is so intertwined with illegal gambling and drug trafficking as to be indistinguishable.

Vick brought this on himself.

Well stated. Furthermore, from everything I have read, he is far from an innocent bystander in this mess. The home HE owned in Virginia looks like it was expressly set up for this type of illegal activity.
Not only does it look like he bet on dog fights, but he was an owner and breeder of these animals.
This is an ugly sub-culture with a code of silence among its participants and Vick was a big player if you believe what ESPN has reported.
I worked as a vet asst when I was in college many yrs ago and I witnessed first hand the type of cruelty inflicted on these dogs. Not to mention, the other animals (small dog breeds and cats) that are used to train these dogs to kill.

Back
Top Bottom