I'm more worry about our o-line than about our QB.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm more worry about our o-line than about our QB....

Last year with Pouncey out, we still had success running the ball because J-Train is that good.!

9 out of the 10 games without Pouncey out Ajayi averaged 46.2 yards a game
for 3.38 yards per carry

add in that 10th game when Ajayi ran over Buffalo and his numbers 62.2 yards per game
for 4.01 yards per game

Games with Pouncey playing Ajayi averaged 130 yards per game
5.96 yards per carry

We need a healthy Pouncey and a decent left guard for any type of
successful running game

Lamp tore his ACL, so i'd rather have the project DE...

The I Wish game is silly. We got Harris and that's that. The rules of the I Wish game say anything that happened to a player in one place would have happened in any another, so I can't argue with you there. But I Wish is make-believe land, so we can change the rules however we want.

And therefore, yes, I wish we'd got Lamp AND that he'd stayed healthy. If our line is crap again, Tannehill would've struggled to take off again (I wish he hadn't got injured, though).

From a 2015 article on the Bears....

But great arm talent shouldn’t be taken for granted, either. A quarterback like Cutler, who can be successful even when the opposing pass rush gets to him (the average NFL QB sees a 26-point drop in passer rating when facing pressure, while Cutler’s has dropped just four points this year) and also make a defense respect all levels of the field (he throws the deep patterns of go routes, posts and corners at a rate well above the NFL average) is a rare commodity. And that’s the reason why we have seen him on numerous occasions win games with his throwing ability.

you're right. I've always wonder how much better Tannehill could have been by now if he hadn't been running for his life for so long. They did a little better on pass protection last year but they were still inconsistent. I'm hoping the line will be better but at this point I just don't know.

Ozzy rules!!

They did a little better last year because we had Albert at LT and Tunsil at LG, at least for a while. We lost Albert this year and replaced him with Ted Larsen. To which not only, "Who?" but also he's injured already

I think Cutler is pretty likely to miss a couple of games with injury. He's been dinged up the last couple of years. He's a tough guy, so minor injuries won't sideline him long, but Matt Moore will see playing time this season.

I think Cutler is pretty likely to miss a couple of games with injury. He's been dinged up the last couple of years. He's a tough guy, so minor injuries won't sideline him long, but Matt Moore will see playing time this season.
The only playing time Moore will see is mop up duty after They hang a 40 burger on everyone they play against all the teams will have a big goose egg. I'm "cautiously optimistic".

Yeah, we have been very lucky in that Tannehill can take a hit and was very durable. Cutler and Moore are not as able to avoid and take hits as Tannehill was. We will need our OL to step up in pass pro ... and honestly, I'm worried. Bushrod may be very bad at run blocking, but he was OK at pass pro. Tunsil is very good. James is adequate. But I am losing faith in Pouncey's ability to get and stay healthy, and I keep waiting for the light to come on for Asiata, for whom I hold great hope and expectations.

I'm not sure we'll see the OL come together during the pre-season. It may be a work in progress early in the season, but they need to get the pass pro down, because neither Cutler nor Moore can sustain the hits like Tannehill could. And every opposing DC knows it.

We need help badly on the interior of both the OL and DL

Back
Top Bottom