"I'm not going to be the man to take Harbaugh away from Michigan" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm not going to be the man to take Harbaugh away from Michigan"

Non story.

Basically he's saying he won't make an offer to lure him away. If he leaves of his own accord all bets are off.

Why would you PUBLICLY say that?

By doing so you already created a few problems

1) You told other teams your intentions and have taken Miami out of the equation
2) If you go after him you've painted yourself as a liar and decietful
exactly.. what does he gain by saying that?? is he trying to please the michigan fans??

So what if another NFL team grabs him anyway? Guy is sending out bat signals he wants to make the NFL jump again, how can you ignore that?

That is a possibility if Harbaugh comes back to the NFL. He could be interviewed and turn down the Dolphins again. I was surprised there were so many coaching firings this year. if you include Seattle and the Giants that would be a quarter of the league needing a new head coach.

Why can’t Harbaugh be the man to take Ross away from the Dolphins? Plus referring to himself as a man is a bit of a stretch

This is my worthless opinion:
Ross sits with Marino during home games. Marino, during games, tells Ross that Tua can play, but Tua has not been given the tools to achieve his greatness. Word is out that Marino, and Grier, believe in Tua. Ross respects Marino's opinion. Ross takes it seriously.
Ross then gets word that Flores is difficult to work with. Flores is also not an offensive coach that would prioritize Tua's development.
These two things add up to Ross deciding:
An offensive coach is what is needed to get Tua to be great.
I'm thinking they interview Pedersen, Bienemy, Daboll a bunch of others. Wouldn't surprise me if one of these three are it.

Back
Top Bottom