"I'm not going to be the man to take Harbaugh away from Michigan" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm not going to be the man to take Harbaugh away from Michigan"

Any time Ross opens his mouth, you immediately realize that the guy knows nothing about football and knows nothing about PR.

You have a fan base desperate for any type of good news, even if it’s only rumors, and this clown says he has no interest in a potentially good/great coach because he coaches at his alma mater.

I have no issues with the firing of Flores, but I just wish Ross would never open his mouth.

I'll stick with what I said the other day...only way Ross cans Flo is if he has Harbaugh in the bag already.
I'm more inclined to believe he's staggered and stumbled his way through the season, listened to Grier bitching about Flores and wound up guessing that a change of head coach will change our fortunes. I'd be amazed if there were a plan in place other than interview popular names that are willing to interview and employ the ones who don't get jobs elsewhere or remove themselves from contention.

A bit like the last two / three HC searches.

Can't hire Harbaugh and keep Grier. You'd think if that's the route he was going, Grier would already be gone too.

Although it's also Stephen Ross who handles organization management like he's running a McDonald's.
Firing Flores and Grier would send a strong signal Harbaugh was on his way to coach and manage the fins. Maybe Grier gets let go if/when Harbaugh is hired?

https://247sports.com/Article/Miami...-taking-Jim-Harbaugh-from-Michigan-180260726/

I'm not saying I'm desperate for Harbaugh to be our next coach. Or even that I want him to be. But Ross openly admitting that he wouldn't act detrimentally to Michigan to benefit the Dolphins (if that's what he believes hiring Harbaugh would do) tells you everything you need to know about his priorities.

He should be ruthless in his pursuit to bring success here. He shouldn't care whose toes he treads on. Instead, he actively avoids a conflict of interest which he's created by himself.

This man is a hopeless owner of an NFL team. Any success we'll ever experience with him at the helm will be fortunate and despite his decisions. We can only hope that he and Grier strike gold and luck themselves into a generational coach that will compensate for the issues we've had at the top since the moment this man walked into our building.
Right but if Harbaugh is leaving anyways…..

And, “I’m not going to be the Alabama coach.” These guys will say anything in public.

Let’s hope someone is whispering in Harbaugh’s ear behind closed doors,

Smoke screen guys. He cant say he's going after Harbaugh. We have to go through the Rooney Rule stuff first. Also, he doesnt want to upset Michigan and the alumni (such as himself) by stealing their coach.

But if Harbaugh wants the job, he's gonna get it....Im sure.

Smoke screen guys. He cant say he's going after Harbaugh. We have to go through the Rooney Rule stuff first. Also, he doesnt want to upset Michigan and the alumni (such as himself) by stealing their coach.

But if Harbaugh wants the job, he's gonna get it....Im sure.
We'll see.

I still believe that if Harbaugh doesn't proactively resign Ross wouldn't pursue him out of 'respect' for Michigan. Which is a disgrace as an an NFL owner.

Ross claims that he'll take any decisions needed to win. If that's the case, why have we been awful since he bought the team? Sell up, enjoy your last years, and give us a chance of winning something

Ross cares more about Michigan than the Dolphins. Now if Harbaugh wanted to come to Miami himself, Ross would hire him. But Ross is saying he’s not going to go and try to recruit him away from Michigan.

Flores firing makes no sense unless you have a better option lined up and you fire Grier. If not, we might has well become casual fans because this franchise won’t take the next step until Ross and Grier are gone.

So what if another NFL team grabs him anyway? Guy is sending out bat signals he wants to make the NFL jump again, how can you ignore that?

Hiring him would be one of the most dysfunctional things that the Dolphins could do.

Aka chill league I don’t want to break the Rooney Rule look I don’t want Harbaugh. Expect 1-2 minority candidates interviewed then Harbaugh hired a few days after.
Rooney rule has made hiring minority coaches more of a joke than ever before it was implemented.

https://247sports.com/Article/Miami...-taking-Jim-Harbaugh-from-Michigan-180260726/

I'm not saying I'm desperate for Harbaugh to be our next coach. Or even that I want him to be. But Ross openly admitting that he wouldn't act detrimentally to Michigan to benefit the Dolphins (if that's what he believes hiring Harbaugh would do) tells you everything you need to know about his priorities.

He should be ruthless in his pursuit to bring success here. He shouldn't care whose toes he treads on. Instead, he actively avoids a conflict of interest which he's created by himself.

This man is a hopeless owner of an NFL team. Any success we'll ever experience with him at the helm will be fortunate and despite his decisions. We can only hope that he and Grier strike gold and luck themselves into a generational coach that will compensate for the issues we've had at the top since the moment this man walked into our building.
so would he rather michigan win a natl championship or the dolphins win a SB
if i can seriously question this then he shouldn't be an owner
i hope i'm wrong with his allegiance

Back
Top Bottom