I'm so excited about this coming year!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm so excited about this coming year!!!

What cracks me up on this board is that if the mob hasn't heard of a guy, he automatically sucks and our FO is clueless.

"Gosh, gee, we don't have that big name popcorn seller in the stands for games....god**** Wanny and his mustache. Oh and Spielman is a loser too. Why can't we get William Hung, he would come cheap....our team has no direction....blah blah blah"

It is tiresome, and only occasionally funny.

Great point strutter

I agree, its not the end of the world. For petes sake its only MAY, were not down to the 53 man roster yet !:fire:

BATMAN said:
Great news today..Some guy we just hired in February has just been promoted to offensive coordinator even though he has NEVER been offensive coordinator....woohoo..

Bernie Parmalee, a running back, is now tight ends coach....smart move..

We gave up a second round draft pick for a 3rd string qb...great..

Miami said in the off season, "We want to upgrade our qb position. We still have Fiedler, and he might start...excellent...

A coach whose team has become worse every year he has been here, is still the headcoach...happy..happy...

I don't know about you, but I'm buying my season tickets today!!!!!

Feeley was not a 3rd string QB, he cleared that up in his PC after he was traded here. I wish some of you would stop spreading that lie, it's simply not the truth.

Oliver...

CirclingWagons said:
and don't forget these points:

Boston is back to his usual injury-prone big-headed self

Offensive line will probably suck atleast the first 8 weeks of the season
;)

SWEEP!!!!! :hump:

Oliver...

pigskinguy said:
I think you can be a Dolphins fan and still be critical of moves the team makes. Some times you have take the rose-colored glases off, man. Having said that, I don't think things are nearly as bad as some people would have you think..........just as long as Feeley beats out Fiedler. :evil:

Or some ppl never have had a set of aqua colored sun glasses on and they are always being critical. We're not talking about a sometimes issue here with certain posters.

Every Dolphins fan has to have some doubt, but to feed off of that doubt would be counter productive to what it means to be a fan. When some of you think about, it will make sense. Try it, you may like it.

Oliver...

pigskinguy said:
I think you can be a Dolphins fan and still be critical of moves the team makes. Some times you have take the rose-colored glases off, man. Having said that, I don't think things are nearly as bad as some people would have you think..........just as long as Feeley beats out Fiedler. :evil:
BY NO MEANS DID I EVER MEAN THAT WE SHOULDN'T EXPRESS OUR OPINIONS BASED ON OUR TEAM, IT'S JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE JUST TAKE IT TO THE EXTREME. FEEL WHERE IM COMIN FROM? BTW I HOPE FEELEY DOES BEAT OUT JAY FIELDER.

Bodzilla29 said:
What cracks me up on this board is that if the mob hasn't heard of a guy, he automatically sucks and our FO is clueless.

"Gosh, gee, we don't have that big name popcorn seller in the stands for games....god**** Wanny and his mustache. Oh and Spielman is a loser too. Why can't we get William Hung, he would come cheap....our team has no direction....blah blah blah"

It is tiresome, and only occasionally funny.

William Hung is a brilliant offensive mind!! :D

I just love the people who claim that Collier was actually demoted and they made up the whole sickness thing as an excuse not to embarass the FO. :shakeno: Also the people who claim Wanny promoted Forester over Trestman and Sullivan so Wanny can be in control of the offense crack me up.

Jimmy James said:
I agree with this part of the statement. I hate being branded a hater or a homer. We all have to decide what moves we like and what moves we don't like, but I really do wonder what keeps some people who do seem to get upset at every turn loyal to this team. Is it like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer -- after a while it starts feeling pretty good?

:roflmao: It DOES??? Just exactly how long ya gotta hit yourself before it starts to feel good?? I think I'll take your word for it on that one. Never heard that expression before. lol ouch

ohall said:
Or some ppl never have had a set of aqua colored sun glasses on and they are always being critical. We're not talking about a sometimes issue here with certain posters.

Every Dolphins fan has to have some doubt, but to feed off of that doubt would be counter productive to what it means to be a fan. When some of you think about, it will make sense. Try it, you may like it.

Oliver...

HEY, YOUR RIGHT !!!! It really works. Only problem is it is not nearly as fun. :lol:

I've been a fan for a long time, saw some really good things but also dealt with a lot of frustration. I will watch every Fins game on TV until the end, I don't get the chance to go to many but when I do I stay to the end. But I still reserve the right to whine when it looks like they are doing something stupid!
I don't know this guy Foerster, and I really hope Feely will do great -I think he will -but how many times can they sell us option three or four as the greatest thing since sliced bread? If Foerster is so awesome why wasn't he named OC before, why did we only really hear of him now? Hell he wasn't even named as being among the most prominent of Dolphins coaches, now suddenly he's the genius we are choosing to run our young and developing offense. One of the funnier quotes I read in the Sentinel was how, after 11 years in the league he's an 'up and comer'.
I hope he does great. I am going to watch every Fins game I can this year and my enthusiasm won't be any less than last year. But these moves today, they look like whipped cream on horse manure
Spielman is the only guy in management who seems to have a positive agenda!!

I've been a fin fan for 25 yrs. I always be a Miami Dolphins fan.
I hope they do well this year. I really do. But everythig that has been going on in the off season leads me to believe the opposite. The dolphins say one thing and do another. The organization seems like it's in disarray. Starting with Marino. If he had stayed, I believe Fiedler would be gone. And Wannstedt would be on an even shorter leash. I hope feeley is as good as Miami thinks he will be.
But I also hope I win the lottery. As long as Fielder in on the roster, this team is in trouble. His stats since he's been here suck. I don't care what his winning percentage is. He usually doesn't win games. He loses them. Fielder will be Wannstedt's demise. And vice versa. I hope they both would be gone by this year. I hope the same for next..

JImmy...have you really hit yourself in the head multiple times to verify that it no longer hurts after enough blows ?? (LOL)...

Hey, Someone give Batman a chill pill....when the sky really does fall, Chicken little Wanny will be running around the sidelines pulling his hair out.....Oh, he already does that dosen't he...well, you know what I mean....

BATMAN said:
I've been a fin fan for 25 yrs. I always be a Miami Dolphins fan.
I hope they do well this year. I really do. But everythig that has been going on in the off season leads me to believe the opposite. The dolphins say one thing and do another. The organization seems like it's in disarray. Starting with Marino. If he had stayed, I believe Fiedler would be gone. And Wannstedt would be on an even shorter leash. I hope feeley is as good as Miami thinks he will be.
But I also hope I win the lottery. As long as Fielder in on the roster, this team is in trouble. His stats since he's been here suck. I don't care what his winning percentage is. He usually doesn't win games. He loses them. Fielder will be Wannstedt's demise. And vice versa. I hope they both would be gone by this year. I hope the same for next..
I saw the humor in your post, at least I thought I did....

I have a question though, you say you hope we do well, you really do but, everything that is going on this year leads you to believe the opposite......Does that everything include the revamping of the O-line, the signing of David Boston, the drafting of Vernon Carey, the evolution of Ricky Williams, The rededication of Larry Chester, Trestman coaching the QBs, Sullivan coaching the WRs, and Feeley pushing Fiedler for the starting job?

It's a rhetorical question. Don't bother breaking down each example. That's not my point. My point is, not everything should lead you to believe that this season is heading for disaster.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, most of the turmoil and confusion is coming from a part of the organization that has the least amount of control over actual wins and losses.

I doubt that when they line up on Sundays, that any of the players are going to be thinking about Marino or Collier or Tait or Woody....they're going to be out there to win and do their job no matter what peripheral BS may have gone down in the offseason.

Does any of this guarantee success? Nope. Does any of this guarantee failure?

Nope.

(I have a feeling that you would rather see complete failure so that you can see Wanny and Fiedler leave town asap. And that's fine, if that's what you want. But that's a personal agenda and don't expect that other fans are going to stand by you.....You'll have some company, one or two here and there, that feel the same as you do. But if the time comes when this team puts it all together and wins everything this year, you and your two or three friends are going to be on the outside looking in.)

inFINSible said:
I saw the humor in your post, at least I thought I did....

I have a question though, you say you hope we do well, you really do but, everything that is going on this year leads you to believe the opposite......Does that everything include the revamping of the O-line, the signing of David Boston, the drafting of Vernon Carey, the evolution of Ricky Williams, The rededication of Larry Chester, Trestman coaching the QBs, Sullivan coaching the WRs, and Feeley pushing Fiedler for the starting job?

It's a rhetorical question. Don't bother breaking down each example. That's not my point. My point is, not everything should lead you to believe that this season is heading for disaster.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, most of the turmoil and confusion is coming from a part of the organization that has the least amount of control over actual wins and losses.

I doubt that when they line up on Sundays, that any of the players are going to be thinking about Marino or Collier or Tait or Woody....they're going to be out there to win and do their job no matter what peripheral BS may have gone down in the offseason.

Does any of this guarantee success? Nope. Does any of this guarantee failure?

Nope.

(I have a feeling that you would rather see complete failure so that you can see Wanny and Fiedler leave town asap. And that's fine, if that's what you want. But that's a personal agenda and don't expect that other fans are going to stand by you.....You'll have some company, one or two here and there, that feel the same as you do. But if the time comes when this team puts it all together and wins everything this year, you and your two or three friends are going to be on the outside looking in.)

You see inFINSible, the problem is some people only see the negative, just like some people only see the positve. There is no grey areas with some people. I admit, I can be as critical as anyone sometimes (with certain issues-Fiedler-more than others), but I can distingush between what really is bad and what is really not much. Yesterdays reshuffling really doesn't change much. We were already going to win or lose with what we have. Collier or Forrester aren't going to change that or make much difference one way or the other.
And as far as seeing the humor in posts inFINSible, I think it lost on alot of people here sometimes. My sarcasm (which is plentiful) almost always get interpreted (sp) as my true thoughts. Oh well, maybe the sky really is falling and we just don't know it yet.

Yes, I have hit myself like that -- didn't you read the "Fiedler Out?" thread? Contrary to what I said, that didn't get any less painful.

Back
Top Bottom