IMO Ross never wanted Harbaugh to coach Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO Ross never wanted Harbaugh to coach Miami

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
IMO all this recruiting was for him to get Harbaugh to HC michigan. All these reports that miami offered him 7-8 mill is FALSE. You are technically allowed to interview coaches while you have another, but cant make offers. Also there we reporters that quoted sparano saying "there was no news here, nothing is changing" which leads me to believe that he was in the loop the whole time of what is going on. They NEVER went through the process of the rooney rule.

Ross is a huge Michigan guy and the biggest donator they have and i truely believe he went on this trp to SF to try and pitch Michigan to Harbaugh one last time. Dont you find it wierd that before stanfords season was over, everyone was talking about harbaugh loving michigan and michigan loving harbaugh and they never even talked. He and Les miles have a buyout clauses in there contract to be able to go to michigan if they get a chance.

I would like to hope that that was the case. It would def help remove some of this backlash MIA is receiving.

There are $8,000,000.00 reasons why we know he was interested.

You do not fly cross country and offer and $8million contract to someone your not really interested in.

What most likely happen is Ross was informed by Harbaugh or his folks that he is going to return to Standford and wanted to save face.
Chubbs

Ok, well than why was Ireland and Peterson with him to do so?

I'm not sure about the premise of the Michigan slant.. but definitely.. no offer was made. So I can't understand why the media is getting uptight. Discussions are one thing. Firm offers are another. And every outlet reported no offer was officially made.

So the hype lies where?

IMO all this recruiting was for him to get Harbaugh to HC michigan. All these reports that miami offered him 7-8 mill is FALSE. You are technically allowed to interview coaches while you have another, but cant make offers. Also there we reporters that quoted sparano saying "there was no news here, nothing is changing" which leads me to believe that he was in the loop the whole time of what is going on. They NEVER went through the process of the rooney rule.

Ross is a huge Michigan guy and the biggest donator they have and i truely believe he went on this trp to SF to try and pitch Michigan to Harbaugh one last time. Dont you find it wierd that before stanfords season was over, everyone was talking about harbaugh loving michigan and michigan loving harbaugh and they never even talked. He and Les miles have a buyout clauses in there contract to be able to go to michigan if they get a chance.

GTFOH!!!

Just Kidding....Dude...How's Fremont? I used to work there, I was asst. manager at the bank on Croghan and Front for about 5 years.

There are $8,000,000.00 reasons why we know he was interested.

You do not fly cross country and offer and $8million contract to someone your not really interested in.

What most likely happen is Ross was informed by Harbaugh or his folks that he is going to return to Standford and wanted to save face.
Chubbs

there are reports out there that those offers werent even close to 8 mill and the reports were WAY off and possibly no offers AT ALL were made

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

GTFOH!!!

Just Kidding....Dude...How's Fremont? I used to work there, I was asst. manager at the bank on Croghan and Front for about 5 years.

oh wow... small world lol

there are reports out there that those offers werent even close to 8 mill and the reports were WAY off and possibly no offers AT ALL were made

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

oh wow... small world lol
Oh I beleive It was closer to $8mill then you think.

Harbaugh didnt want to be here, only the offer we presented even kept us in the conversation.
Chubbs

I believe the OP is in the denial phase of the 5 steps.

No, Ross wanted Harbaugh to fill his stadium for fin games. Its that simple. Jeff will draft offense this off-season and pursue free agent Guards and other pieces needed to win. I see a 9-7 season coming.

electricchair-1.jpg

I have great idea, this all should made into an episode of the "Twilight Zone".

This possibility has popped up a few times already. I'm not buying it. Ross was all hot 'n' heavy for Harbaugh and he struck out. Harbaugh is going to the prom with someone else.

Oh I beleive It was closer to $8mill then you think.

Harbaugh didnt want to be here, only the offer we presented even kept us in the conversation.
Chubbs

are these the same sources that said sparano was fired or the ones that said harbaugh to miami was a done deal... i dont believe it for one second

Back
Top Bottom