IMO Ross never wanted Harbaugh to coach Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO Ross never wanted Harbaugh to coach Miami

IMO all this recruiting was for him to get Harbaugh to HC michigan. All these reports that miami offered him 7-8 mill is FALSE. You are technically allowed to interview coaches while you have another, but cant make offers. Also there we reporters that quoted sparano saying "there was no news here, nothing is changing" which leads me to believe that he was in the loop the whole time of what is going on. They NEVER went through the process of the rooney rule.

Ross is a huge Michigan guy and the biggest donator they have and i truely believe he went on this trp to SF to try and pitch Michigan to Harbaugh one last time. Dont you find it wierd that before stanfords season was over, everyone was talking about harbaugh loving michigan and michigan loving harbaugh and they never even talked. He and Les miles have a buyout clauses in there contract to be able to go to michigan if they get a chance.

Why bring Ireland then??

It doesn't matter. The way the whole thing was handled was a mess and goes to show how bad Ross is as a football owner.

Oh I beleive It was closer to $8mill then you think.

Harbaugh didnt want to be here, only the offer we presented even kept us in the conversation.
Chubbs

Adam Schefter said this morning on ESPN that Ross never made any offer to Harbaugh. It never got to that point in their discussion.

I think Ross only wanted Harbaugh and the Cowher and Gruden talks were not serious. Despite that I don't think Harbaugh ever considered coming here. So in the long run there was a lot of hype and speculation for nothing. That's why Sparano was retained. You can't tell me Ireland is so great that we wouldn't hire Chin because we were afraid Ireland would go somewhere else and build a dynasty. I doubted this especially when talk ensued of Luck possibly staying. This was all a horribly executed dramatic production. Harbaugh was never interested and we were never interested in anyone else.

I think Ross was turned off because Harbaugh didn't show any great amount of enthusiasm to coach here because he's scared of failing in the difficult AFC East and knows the expectations are high.

I would believe this.. Maybe.... Ross told Tony I am going out and causing a Media circus, were gonna stick with you but I want to get this team in the spotlight. I mean guys this story won't die out soon. Next year every game is gonna be surrounded by stories on what Ross did. The Dolphins haven't recieved this much ESPN action in the last 10 yrs combined. Thats probably not an exaggeration either!

Right, Ross spent all this time, and travel expenses, including jet fuel, to recruit for a team he has no monetary interest in.. Makes sense.. NOT

Back
Top Bottom