Industrial Psychology, and Why Adam Gase Will Fail as a Head Coach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Industrial Psychology, and Why Adam Gase Will Fail as a Head Coach

Dallas Thomas doesn't fit any offensive scheme.

OMG! Gase cut Dallas Thomas! What an accomplishment. :bobdole:

A poll of fans & average Joes would have that obvious decision at around 99% (there's always a few, "Hi mom") who would have done the same and it wouldn't have taken 5 weeks into the regular season to figure out.

The term is 'Occupational Psychology'. See, that is a thing. Industrial Psychology is not a thing.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

My bad. I stand corrected, though Industrial and Occupational are usually lumped together under 'I-O Psychology'. I should read more and talk **** less. My bad.

I don't think its required to have previous on field experience in order to lead men. If the players believe that you know what you're doing and can lead them to success they will fall in line and buy in. What conversation are happening around their facilities that may demonstrate Gase's abilities and leadership to the staff and players? Who knows. Publicly, Gase has tried both lumping himself in with the teams performance and also calling individuals/units out. Nothing is working so far. Players have to have confidence in their coaches bottom line. They have to know that the game plan is sound and will work and during games, that the adjustments being called for by coaches are appropriate and justified. We've already seen players visibly upset on the field and on the sidelines and appear to be yelling at coaches. Not a good sign. If the losing continues, and it will, there will be a boiling over point.

...A poll of fans & average Joes would have that obvious decision at around 99% (there's always a few, "Hi mom") who would have done the same and it wouldn't have taken 5 weeks into the regular season to figure out.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, at least 99.8% of NFL fans are totally clueless as to the game let alone the nuances and what goes on behind closed doors. By no means am I an expert nor do I claim to be.

For me, the NFL is an entertainment business. I am not getting good value for the $ so I am looking elsewhere to be entertained on Sunday i.e. there Movie theater that is a 5 min drive from my house, watching some of my shows during the week on demand, or reading

Rant over.... All I am asking for is a glimmer of hope this season. Cutting Thomas, Douglas, & Turner is a decent step in that direction IMO.

If a player doesn't fit your scheme, there's something wrong with the scheme.

C'mon man, even you dont believe that.

We have alot of players that dont fit ANY scheme. Yes, they should have been cut earlier, but better late than never. Let's see how the team responds.

C'mon man, even you dont believe that.

We have alot of players that dont fit ANY scheme. Yes, they should have been cut earlier, but better late than never. Let's see how the team responds.

**** yeah I do.

And so does SB Champion DC Wade Phillips, which is where the saying came from.

And 3x NC Urban Meyer. Meyer said last October. “… I think it's comical when I hear, ‘It doesn't fit our system.’ Well, change your system.”

And 3x NC Urban Meyer. Meyer said last October. “… I think it's comical when I hear, ‘It doesn't fit our system.’ Well, change your system.”

we are essentially running the same offense we've ran for the last 2 years, but it's worse on 3rd down and scores less points. i expected some changes in the 10 days between the bengals and titans games, and there were literally none. same square peg. same round hole. it's discouraging when you brought a guy in for a specific reason, and he struggles to even get that part right. it doesn't inspire much confidence in all the other areas, either.

**** yeah I do.

What scheme does Dallas Thomas fit?

Nevermind, I found the perfect scheme for him:

200.gif

Behavioral psychology: Why Gase's approach may be the best way. In order to eliminate unwanted behavior you must have consequences for said behavior. Preferably natural consequences such as losing your job for not doing it correctly. You also need to reenforce desired behavior(see Gase's comments on Anaya). Punishment deters unwanted behavior, reinforcement encourages desired behavior. Street cred is BS. Consequences trump street cred.

ABSOLUTELY !!!! This is what it is about not just what is said to the public like the OP said. His "street cred" doesn't mean squat. When players see other drafted players that were starters, out on the street looking for work, they know they better get it in gear or start looking for work elsewhere.

OMG! Gase cut Dallas Thomas! What an accomplishment. :bobdole:

A poll of fans & average Joes would have that obvious decision at around 99% (there's always a few, "Hi mom") who would have done the same and it wouldn't have taken 5 weeks into the regular season to figure out.

I'll take 5 weeks over the previous morons who never cut him after all this time!

**** yeah I do.

So, tell us all the brilliant system you have that would include Dallas Thomas...

Back
Top Bottom