"Injured Money" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Injured Money"

Word I heard on the Big O show was that he will not play unless he feels he can be at 100%.

He knows that he is gone, and he is up there in age, so his next contract will be his last, so he wants to play like a star, so he can command premium money.

Supposedly he is ready to come back, and would help Miami in a huge way if he did (100% or not), but does not want to hurt his chances to get a big contract.

If this is true, other teams are seeing this, are very aware how selfish to hus teammates who are playing with all sorts of injuries, giving plenty of blood and sweat to help their team win a championship, and Jones is sitting out able while to contribute.
Omg if true, šŸ–•him and the horse he rode in on šŸ˜‰

I thought this was going to be about Von Miller and his salary cap crushing ACL tear.

Buffalo, you have a problem. $46,000,000 in guaranteed money that still needs to ā€œhitā€ Buffaloā€™s cap.

I said when they signed him that if he tears an ACL they are going to have cap problems.

They are currently about $10M over next years cap, right after us at just over $8M over. The difference being we donā€™t have any FAs to worry about losing where as they are all but assured of losing Tremaine Edmonds. Jordan Poyer is also a free agent.

They can start restructuring Allenā€™s deal now if they want but his 2023 cap hit is his smallest one moving forward. If their plan is to tack more money on to 2024-2026, by all means go for it.

Also, they HAVE to give Gabe Davis an extension. Dude is making 1$M a year. ZERO chance he suits up for Buffalo in 2023 sans a new contract so his number will have to increase Buffalos cap. He literally has a cap hit of 1.18M for 2023, thereā€™s no way he shows up to TC without a new deal and Diggs making $26M.

Nyhiem Hines is the only contract Iā€™m seeing they can release without a dead cap hit issue. Iā€™m struggling to find other players they can release to alleviate their problems. DT Tim Settleā€™s release would save them about half of his $5M cap hit.

Last edited:
Not certain if the cumulative $ is high/low compared to others Teams. There is an Fox NFL ranking called ā€œBanged Up Scoreā€ (BUS) that attempts index current team injuries and has the Dolphins as one of the more healthy teams. Not sure what criterion is used.

View attachment 124750
I'm assuming low is worst considering the LAC and LAR are dead last haha.

Cethan Carter still out with a concussion from week 1 ? I had forgotten Shaheen. Heā€™s still on the team?

Dolphins have been very healthy this season outside of Tuaā€™s concussion and Armstead missing the Jets and Niners games.

Weā€™ve been very fortunate.

Iā€™m not very high on Ogbah or Byron Jones, the only real loss has been Brandon Jones.

Aside from Brandon Jones, Trill Williams is the only other player I really wish was playing.

Eichenberg shouldnā€™t even be on the roster next year. Hopefully he doesnā€™t turn into a Jesse Davis and we have a segment of fans ā€œFinsplainingā€ that his versatility at multiple positions is somehow worth keeping. Or that his experience is valuable. Yaaaaa but he sucks soooo?

They are currently about $10M over next years cap, right after us at just over $8M over. The difference being we donā€™t have any FAs to worry about losing where as they are all but assured of losing Tremaine Edmonds. Jordan Poyer is also a free agent.
Wilkins is a FA

I canā€™t blame Byron. Donā€™t come back unless the Achilles is 100% healthy, or he may pop it completely and end his career.

NFL is a business and Grier is a cutthroat. Make no mistake that Dolphins will do everything they can to get out from paying Byron if heā€™s not completely healthy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom