"Injured Money" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Injured Money"

I hope Nik Needham saved almost all of this year's RFA tender.

No one wanted him at his tender and missed a majority of this year. Zero chance he's very desirable in FA deals.

Hopefully we don't resign him either 🙂

Ogbah....terrible contract is terrible.

Do you really think I am wrong? I did all that research on Buffalo and I am not familiar with Miami's free agents?

I'll let you look it up and figure it out on your own.
Don’t know why I thought Wilks was playing on the 5th yr this season. I obv make mistakes but that’s a sloppy one. Thanks for correcting me

I hope Nik Needham saved almost all of this year's RFA tender.

No one wanted him at his tender and missed a majority of this year. Zero chance he's very desirable in FA deals.

Hopefully we don't resign him either 🙂

Ogbah....terrible contract is terrible.

I mean - it's not like Needham was playing terribly. He was a pretty good story until his injury.

Alas, I don't like the odds of him returning from an Achilles tear and playing well. You'll probably get your wish.

The cool thing is that Miami gets Trill Williams and Brandon Jones back next year, plus whatever the $4mm they get from cutting Byron Jones to put toward another CB.

Don't forget the cap is supposed to increase each year - that's probably where some of their relief is coming from

I mean - it's not like Needham was playing terribly. He was a pretty good story until his injury.

Alas, I don't like the odds of him returning from an Achilles tear and playing well. You'll probably get your wish.
I hate what happened to Needham bc I liked him. People usually like the dedicated, not super physically gifted, undrafted guy that worked hard enough to be a positive contributor.

And Needham was playing fine until injuries forced him to play out of position on the boundary.

Needham wouldn’t be resigned even without the injury bc of the emergence of Kohou. I know he’s splitting between boundary and slot out of necessity, but I think his ideal role is in the slot and he was going to be our cheap Needham replacement regardless.

Trill is very interesting. We really need to fill that second boundary spot if Byron is cut. He was very impressive in preseason. Out of all our injuries his easily among the ones that frustrated me the most. I think a trio of X, Kohou, and Trill had the potential to prove to be adequate. That would allow us to use our resources on other areas.

But bc of Trill’s injury we still don’t know what we have with him entering next offseason. I knew back then what him and Kohou breaking out could mean for our future with our aging CB’s. Was extremely disappointed when he went down.

Back
Top Bottom