Interesting Comments From Tyreek | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Comments From Tyreek

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Good for him for showing leadership, and challenging the team to achieve more. Tyreek seems to be a pretty thoughtful guy:

“Well, there are no more excuses,” Hill told NFL Network on a Super Bowl studio show. “I feel like all the excuses have run out at this point. The first year we went to the playoffs together, we didn’t have our quarterback. This year, we went to the playoffs, it was freezing cold, we had our quarterback. And now it’s almost time like we have run out of excuses. Like everybody has literally had reps at playing in the playoffs. So now it’s all on us.” Hill added: “Moving forward, we’ve got to continue on that strong trend that we began the season with. And I feel like in our last playoff game, our defense gave us enough opportunities to win that game. They got enough stops for us to win the game. “Offensively, we’ve just got to get it going. We’ve got to be able to put drives together so our defense can stay off the field. All that takes is just some veteran leadership during the week, preparing ourselves fundamentally, being able to play fast even when it’s negative-3 degrees outside. “And just do what our coaches tell us to do. I feel like Coach [Mike] McDaniel, especially my [wide receivers] coach Wes Welker, those guys, they did a great job the whole entire season of preparing us for moments like that like we had against Kansas City. “So next year no more excuses, man. I feel like it’s all on us, man. So Fin Nation, you can expect a whole lot more from us.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article285430997.html#storylink=cpy

He missed out on two SB rings so I am sure his butt hurts just a little

Doubtful. Gets to live in Miami instead of Missouri, his brand has taken off in Miami’s market, he got paid with no income tax and his legacy went from borderline hall of famer to potentially being talked about as a top 5 all time wideout which he can cement with another 1600 yard season next year.

Doubtful. Gets to live in Miami instead of Missouri, his brand has taken off in Miami’s market, he got paid with no income tax and his legacy went from borderline hall of famer to potentially being talked about as a top 5 all time wideout which he can cement with another 1600 yard season next year.
Look out for his new tennis shoes cheetah shoes

Last edited:
This team definitely has an opportunity. It's easily a top 10 roster IMO. I'm not sure how many teams we can list that are more talented. Grier has done an incredible job assembling talent. A young head coach is learning. McDaniel needs to get better, but let's not forget the accomplishments either. For a good portion of the season, this offense was pretty darn impressive. Among the league leaders in every category.

Hill doesn't want to mention it, but man did any other team have the injury bug at the wrong time the way Miami did? You aren't going to win against a team like KC with seven starters out on defense. The offensive line had so many combinations it was tough to keep up. Generally, that unit held it's own and kept the Dolphins in the race.

But, the offense needs to get better. The team needs a bully on that side of the ball. Someone like a Kelce or Henry, that can wear teams down late.

This team definitely has an opportunity. It's easily a top 10 roster IMO. I'm not sure how many teams we can list that are more talented. Grier has done an incredible job assembling talent. A young head coach is learning. McDaniel needs to get better, but let's not forget the accomplishments either. For a good portion of the season, this offense was pretty darn impressive. Among the league leaders in every category.

Hill doesn't want to mention it, but man did any other team have the injury bug at the wrong time the way Miami did? You aren't going to win against a team like KC with seven starters out on defense. The offensive line had so many combinations it was tough to keep up. Generally, that unit held it's own and kept the Dolphins in the race.

But, the offense needs to get better. The team needs a bully on that side of the ball. Someone like a Kelce or Henry, that can wear teams down late.
That's why we need Brock Bowers and Brock Bowers

All good points and I forgot he had a ring already. If we didn’t, I think that’s always the goal for a professional athlete but one or two doesn’t really make a difference, considering all the other things you brought up.

...a sales pitch to buy tickets etc.

:oops:

Beyond that, the cornerstone mantra "no more excuses" is absolutely laughable!

If there's one thing the Dolphins traumatized fan base has gotten great at over the decades its making excuses!

I think we're like #1 in that category!

Bottom line. IMO. Shut the fock UP!

Just get it done on the field.

We don't need the same old predictable empty hype and unfulfilled promises.

He missed out on two SB rings so I am sure his butt hurts just a little
That may be true, but he is a lot richer and now single living in south Florida.
So, Just saying!!! He knew what he chose!

But someone ought to remind him of his dropped passes against Buffalo. If he catches them, maybe he wouldn’t need to play in -3 weather. Just saying!!!

"And just do what our coaches tell us to do. I feel like Coach [Mike] McDaniel, especially my [wide receivers] coach Wes Welker, those guys, they did a great job the whole entire season of preparing us for moments like that like we had against Kansas City. "

MUCH RESPECT to him for having his coaches back like that. 👍

We need a new offensive philosophy if we wanna get somewhere

He’d be complaining if he weren’t getting the ball all the time even if we were winning. Diva

Back
Top Bottom