Interesting Comments From Tyreek | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Comments From Tyreek

"And just do what our coaches tell us to do. I feel like Coach [Mike] McDaniel, especially my [wide receivers] coach Wes Welker, those guys, they did a great job the whole entire season of preparing us for moments like that like we had against Kansas City. "

MUCH RESPECT to him for having his coaches back like that. 👍
McDaniel ran the passing game through Hill, with the occasional toss to Waddle, so of course Hill is going to talk good about McDaniel. Or, maybe Tua made the decision to keep throwing to Tyreek, even when he was double-covered, instead of throwing to another open receiver.

IMO, I think it's possible either Tua, McDaniel, or both wanted Hill to reach 2K yards, and he was well on pace for that until the injuries made him gimpy. No matter why they made Hill the focal point of the offense, it probably cost them a few wins because there were a lot of stalled drives that probably would have been kept alive if only Tua had thrown the ball to someone else instead of the constant targeting of Hill and Waddle.

Why is there so much focus on that Chiefs game? That team did not have a killer instinct this season. We trailed by margin at halftime of both meetings. The Ravens fans are more upset than anyone else. But I give them credit for one thing. The widespread consensus on their forums is that stops against the Chiefs don't really matter when the Chiefs are ahead. If your defense has to stop them late it don't happen.

The Miami personnel level especially on defense is not championship caliber. I'll stick with that. This roster doesn't begin to compare to when my favorite teams Dolphins, Canes and USC have won titles.

That overview saved me tons of time last year because I didn't pay attention to the offseason at all. There was far clarity among NFL fans in general when All-22 didn't exist and nobody thought you had to obsess over every offseason detail. I don't know how it evolved toward this type of cloud other than lots of people must be making money.

McDaniel ran the passing game through Hill, with the occasional toss to Waddle, so of course Hill is going to talk good about McDaniel. Or, maybe Tua made the decision to keep throwing to Tyreek, even when he was double-covered, instead of throwing to another open receiver.

IMO, I think it's possible either Tua, McDaniel, or both wanted Hill to reach 2K yards, and he was well on pace for that until the injuries made him gimpy. No matter why they made Hill the focal point of the offense, it probably cost them a few wins because there were a lot of stalled drives that probably would have been kept alive if only Tua had thrown the ball to someone else instead of the constant targeting of Hill and Waddle.

I don't get what you are saying here...well I do....but ...I dont....

The guy just gave respect to his HC and position coach which is always nice to see instead of the constant infighting drama bs we usually see...

He could have easily not said anything about them or done a Tua 'end of Buffalo game press conference' and thrown some shade at them (if that's the nowadays term for under the bus)....which isn't a dig at Tua just saying he could have chosen his words better in that conference...

That may be true, but he is a lot richer and now single living in south Florida.
So, Just saying!!! He knew what he chose!

But someone ought to remind him of his dropped passes against Buffalo. If he catches them, maybe he wouldn’t need to play in -3 weather. Just saying!!!
"Now Single?"

The divorce went through?

He missed out on two SB rings so I am sure his butt hurts just a little
This is not about being butt hurt, it's about the $. In 6 seasons in Kansas City, Tyreek earned $40.2M. He now makes an average of $30M per annum in Miami. The Chiefs have the top QB in the NFL and they were fiscally pragmatic in locking up Mahomes. However, a by-product of that was the reality that they couldn't also afford to pay Tyreek his market value and he was quietly put on the market via a trade.
Yes, he probably could have stayed in KC for Super Bowl rings (for maybe 40 cents in the $), but my hunch is that a big part of his decision was made based on wanting to be paid his market value as an elite WR.

Last edited:
We need a new offensive philosophy if we wanna get somewhere

He’d be complaining if he weren’t getting the ball all the time even if we were winning. Diva
Yep, I don’t want to hear a peep about 2,000 damn yards this upcoming year.

Yep, I don’t want to hear a peep about 2,000 damn yards this upcoming year.
Thank you
Too much emphasis on Tyreek. Hes the playmaker but that ball can’t be forced anymore, it MUST be spread around
Nothing wrong with getting first downs, moving the chains and eating up the clock

This is not about being butt hurt, it's about the $. In 6 seasons in Kansas City, Tyreek earned $40.2M. He now makes an average of $30M per annum in Miami. The Chiefs have the top QB in the NFL and they were fiscally pragmatic in locking up Mahomes. However, a by-product of that was the reality that they couldn't also afford to pay Tyreek his market value and he was quietly put on the market via a trade.
Yes, he probably could have stayed in KC for Super Bowl rings (for maybe 40 cents in the $), but my hunch is that a big part of his decision was made based on wanting to be paid his market value as an elite WR.
Well he is elite and should get paid

Damn, the occasional toss and Waddle was over 1k. Guess ya gotta give him a bone from time to time huh. Ravens didn't have a single WR over 1k.

Back
Top Bottom